TSM problem

Posted by huskyman49 
TSM problem
Date: October 18, 2021 10:46PM
Posted by: huskyman49
I created a new profile put a track into it and that is what I get: CTD and [www.mediafire.com]
So what could be the problem or in other words: what did I wrong?
Any idea is more than wanted!
Re: TSM problem
Date: October 19, 2021 08:54AM
Maybe I should mention that the track loads fine when I run it outside of the profile...
Date: October 19, 2021 09:42AM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
Was the ini file created by tsm or did you just copy it? if yes, look for a "prefix=" in the ini file and delet that line

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: October 19, 2021 10:29PM
the 'profilname.ini'-file was created by TSM and this is how it looks:

[Tracks]
Track1=U S A tracks\1991 Phoenix1\1991\settings.ini

Don't know what should I delete?
Date: October 19, 2021 10:48PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
check the ini file in the tracks, not that from the trackset

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: October 19, 2021 11:51PM
This is the *.ini of the track:

[Settings]
UID=8F732C23-5786-4B8B-9364-FFB58B494E10
Name=Phoenix
Year=1991
Country=USA
Author=cleberpister&plodekk
Adjective=American
Event=XXVIII United States Grand Prix
Wad=phoenix1991.wad
Dat=S1CTPhoenix.dat
Gpi=
Loadingscreen=preview.bmp
Bik=
Laps=84

So what's wrong with it and why does it work properly when not in the profile?
Date: October 21, 2021 12:07AM
no ideas from anybody?
Date: October 21, 2021 12:26AM
Posted by: Duffer
I don't use TSM but if you try :

[Tracks]
Track1=U S A tracks\1991 Phoenix1\1991\settings.ini <- without space (just an idea).

--------------------------------------------

Date: October 21, 2021 04:06PM
If you meant I should remove the spaces of U S A tracks so I did but it changed nothing...

I wouldn't insist in solving that problem if I didn't plan to share a newly made NASCAR mod with a bunch of oval tracks to race on them...
The mod is complete with driver fotos, helmets, pitcrews, cockpits etc. I also made an extra setup for every track.
It reflects the 1992 Winston Cup with 17 of the 29 races. As I only found some ovals made by maxi several years ago I gave them the names of the NASCAR ovals based on their similarity to the original tracks - so the mod is sort of semi-fictional but great fun to drive.
Wouldn't it be a shame if one had to import all 17 tracks into GpXPatch one by one instead of loading only the profile, hm?

I hope someone can find the reason for the bug and a solution so I can share the mod as soon as possible!
Date: October 21, 2021 06:24PM
Posted by: Foreverk
Another idea, just to try, could be something track slot related or maybe it could be something related to GP4 Infos? you could try to put "phoenix1991" instead of "indianapolis2001" in Wad Name (or leave it blank)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2021 06:27PM by Foreverk.
Date: October 22, 2021 12:20AM
Thanks for your help although it didn't work...
After some investigation I think I found the reason for the problem and it seems I solved it.
In the settings.ini of the track there is a line named 'Name='. It turned out that the name of the track in that field must not be the name of the track itself but different (for example: let the name of the track be 'atlanta' - then the name you fill into Name= could eventually be 'atlantanascar' and everything is fine.

It will take a while until I tested all tracks to get proper setups - then I will release the mod plus the 17 oval tracks...
So stay alert... :-o

Date: October 22, 2021 01:12AM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Hello! I would be interested in the damage model of these cars. ;) hot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy