Cockpit lights

Posted by porschefan917 
Cockpit lights
Date: September 18, 2021 05:00PM
Posted by: porschefan917
Hi guys,

I'm very late to the GP4 party after spending all my time on Rfactor2 and AC/ACC but having a blast so far! I've downloaded the Schumi 2001 remastered mod and it's great. However, I have one question... Is there a way to disable the cockpit lights/indictors either side of the wheel? (the vertical row of green lights on the left and the gear and damage indicators on the right). They're low res and ugly and look a bit out of place. Apologies if it's been answered before - I did a quick search and couldn't see the answer... Thanks in advance!
Re: Cockpit lights
Date: September 18, 2021 09:03PM
Posted by: zifox
Not easily. To do this you need to edit the cockpit shape mesh and remove the faces on which the icons are mapped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2021 07:57PM by zifox.
Date: September 19, 2021 07:57AM
Posted by: porschefan917
Hmmm - that's well beyond my capability so I guess I'll live with it. Thanks for the reply! :-)
Date: September 19, 2021 02:52PM
Posted by: landex
zifox, its right. Its not easy it takes a lot. I did it 1x. Along time ago, I can remember it took time and testing to get it done. It is in the cars.wad, in there you have to change the file cockpit_dash.gp4 in cars/cockpits, and move the objects: pits1,pits2 and pits_off where you want. it is a matter off testing. And i dont remember if you have modify something in the file cockpit.gp4.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy