Updating track with mods

Posted by Fisienthusiast 
Updating track with mods
Date: June 12, 2021 11:27AM
Posted by: Fisienthusiast
Hi all,

Me again, just another question and thought I would start a new thread as not to conflict the issues.

In each mod the track names update, but not the physical track, there was some guidence in the FAQ but it is now a deadlink sadly. Is there anybody who is happy to reply with a step by step guide on how to update the tracks? Feel free to PM me the info if you would prefer

Here is the example of the dead link - [www.gp4central.com]
Re: Updating track with mods
Date: June 12, 2021 12:02PM
Posted by: asdqweyuk
i a new around here to, but i tried to explain.

there is two kind mods. CSM mods and NonCsm mods.

CSM mods hasnt got to tracks in it. it is why you see to original tracks when you playing it. what you must do? example at 2020 CSM mod, it says, there is İstanbul track. you must download İstanbul track from different place, ie one of from our dear members F1virtuals, [f1virtual.blogspot.com]. than in game folder ie open new Track folder, and put istanbul folder in it. now it is ready to play. click on GPxPatch.exe, than GPxTrack section, than edit, than click folder icon and select DAT file of istanbul's. than you can play with İstanbul track.

but good news, some mods have trackpacks. ie 2006 [www.gp4db.com]. than install trackpack, open it with TSM toll which inside ZazTools [www.grandprixgames.org], than it auto load all mod tracks in your track folder. than select them with GPxTool, and play.

lastly, here is your link which work:

[www.gp4central.com]
Date: June 12, 2021 12:45PM
Hi there,

Thank you so much for explaining! I think I fully understand it now and will have a look for the 1997 tracks later and let you know how I get on

I have one other question regarding mods - car performance. I am so much slower in every mod, even in a 2002 Michael Schumacher Ferrari I would start fast off the grid but get caught lap after lap. I had a look at Change Average Performance Levels in the CSM and that helped but also made every very fast! Track records were broken by most cars, including the Arrows!

Is there something very simple I am missing? I don't want to cheat or be super fast, but I want to at least be competitive.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate everyone' input
Date: June 12, 2021 02:23PM
your welcome.

how you changed average performance levels?
Date: June 12, 2021 02:26PM
I've right clicked on the file in CSM - I just increased performance on race and qualiying and Ia m so much quicker and can compete a bit, but so is everyone else!

Edit - just seen your post in the other thread!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2021 02:28PM by Fisienthusiast.
Date: June 12, 2021 02:41PM
Hi, I followed these steps and nothing worked I am afraid, it was all just blank?
Date: June 12, 2021 02:41PM
ok, i dont know it. maybe another member can give you to answer about CSM.
Date: June 12, 2021 02:48PM
No problem I appreciate your help, I think it may just be the file is so old or something I do not know
Date: June 13, 2021 10:54AM
So I have managed to download the tracks via TSM thanks to help from a member in my PMs, however, when I add them to the tracks in the patch it all looks ok, however, I still have the 2001 tracks in the game. Is it possible I have "saved" them in the wrong place? Where should I save the tracks once they are installed?
Date: June 13, 2021 01:18PM
Fisienthusiast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I have managed to download the tracks via TSM
> thanks to help from a member in my PMs, however,
> when I add them to the tracks in the patch it all
> looks ok, however, I still have the 2001 tracks in
> the game. Is it possible I have "saved" them in
> the wrong place? Where should I save the tracks
> once they are installed?

hey again. open tsm, go on one of track which installed, click with right button to mouse and select "go to track" folder. look where is it. example my Detroit track in Grand Prix 4/Tracks/Detroit 1988 folder. and its dat name is S1CT12.DAT. for playing with it, i must select it with GPxPatch tool, GPxTrack section, Edit and add it one of slot in it.
Date: June 13, 2021 02:06PM
Hi again, sorry to report this is exactly what I am doing, I created a folder called tracks. Should I save them from circuits? I added the default ones back and although they work in the menu they all come up as blank except for Argentina for some bizarre reason
Date: June 19, 2021 09:08PM
Hi all,

I am still unable to successfully play GP4 with mod tracks in a mod.

I download the files, click the TSM file to open TSM, install them, move them from tracks to circuits then add them to the patch is CSM. Load the game, tracks look correct in the menu. Start race, crashes mid loading screen every time.

I have followed two different user's advise and sadly get the same results, what am I doing wrong?
Date: June 19, 2021 11:35PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
for CSM mods create a trackset with TSM and select that trackset in your csm mod.
for non-csm mods use the GPxTrack extension in GPxPatch.
It's as simple as that.

CSM:

Non-CSM:

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: June 20, 2021 01:29AM
Hi, oh my god I have been trying to do both at the same time. Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2021 01:31AM by Fisienthusiast.
Date: June 20, 2021 02:01PM
Carl_gpgames Wrote:
> for CSM mods create a trackset with TSM and select
> that trackset in your csm mod.
> for non-csm mods use the GPxTrack extension in
> GPxPatch.
> It's as simple as that.
>
> CSM:
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> Non-CSM:
> [i.imgur.com]

Hi again, so to be clear only TSM format tracks will work in a CSM mod?

For example, I have a 2018 CSM mod but I can only find non-csm tracks on this site for it here [www.grandprixgames.org]

Does that mean they will not be compatible?

Apologies if this is another stupid question, just want to be clear
Date: June 20, 2021 05:31PM
there is no special format in tsm. just DAT and WAD files like everywhere else.
just have a look to the TSM menu, i think it's quite self-explaining.

Date: June 20, 2021 07:37PM
Hi,

Thanks once again for getting back to me, sorry perhaps I did not explain my question as well as I should

I have found 2018 tracks. But they are downloaded as WAD files such as the tracks at the bottom half of this [www.grandprixgames.org] thread

Once downloaded, I then go into TSM, I click install track but cannot select them as it only looks for "TSM" files.

In this event, how do I install these downloaded tracks on TSM?

I have added screenshots of the process I am attempting to follow

[imgur.com]

[imgur.com]
Date: June 20, 2021 08:08PM
mate, honestly?! :-)

Step 1:

Step 2:

Then you create a tracklist (Manage profiles), add your track(s) in the right order and load the profile with CSM. really, shouldn't be that hard.

Date: June 20, 2021 08:23PM
Carl_gpgames Wrote:
> mate, honestly?! :-)
>
> Step 1:
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> Step 2:
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> Then you create a tracklist (Manage profiles), add
> your track(s) in the right order and load the
> profile with CSM. really, shouldn't be that hard.

Hi again,

Thank you, sorry if that was frustrating but I am using TSM for the first time really and thought the create track was for creating tracks, apologies once again.

Using this as an example, [imgur.com] there are no files on the GPI trackmap, magic data, loadingscreen and menu file included in the winrar file. Will this be an issue? Is it simply a case of my just needing to upload the wad and dat files, labelling the event correctly, and it is ready to add into a tracklist?

I once again apologise if this is frustrating and if I come across as an idiot, I just want to make sure I am getting this correctly as I actually have not had this explained to me before.
Date: June 20, 2021 10:06PM
Nope, only the WAD (= textures and 3D objects) and DAT (= track layout) are necessary.
I would fill all fields, especially the adjective (in your case it will be "russian";). The other files are not needed to play the track (GPI = trackmap in the menu, Loadingscreen = self-explaining, is usually contained in the mod itself, STR = text files for the menu (track information and so on), magic data is contained in the DAT-file, it's just that TSM gives you the possebility to adjuist the magic data if you like so).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy