GP4 9.6 patch installation?

Posted by Fisienthusiast 
GP4 9.6 patch installation?
Date: June 13, 2021 05:34PM
Posted by: Fisienthusiast
Hi all,

Uninstalled after advise from members but sadly every attempt to reinstall has been met with error messages. GP4 keeps demanding I installed DirectX 8.1 despite me installing it and every time I click it, it says it is installed

I have managed to install the 4.52 patch but whenever I try the 9.6 patch from GP4Central install then when I open them just try and install again and say "Already installed" - I am being advised this is the patch I require. How the hell do I install it and access it?

Any and all help is very welcome.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2021 05:58PM by Fisienthusiast.
Re: GP4 9.6 patch installation?
Date: June 13, 2021 09:32PM
Posted by: mortal
Best you download the ready to play iso from GP4Central, then install gpx-Patch app and Zaz Tools. Use a virtual drive app to mount the iso.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 13, 2021 10:08PM
Posted by: mralpha
Try this: uninstall GP4, then in the search box type "regedit" and enter the "System Registry". At this point, in the drop-down window click "search" and write "GP4". At this point, manually delete any entries that are found. After this operation, install GP4 from scratch with all the required steps, up to the installation of the Gpxpatch.
Date: June 14, 2021 07:41AM
Posted by: TomMK
Try this: [www.gp4central.com]

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 14, 2021 06:27PM
Posted by: Fisienthusiast
Hi guys,

I got it CSM working with 4.52 patch - still no luck with the 9.6 patch (I got all of these from gp4central) so will make due. Had a quick race and performance was better, I overtook cars in a mod for the first time!

Will leave it a while before messing with the track uploads again, thank you all for your help
Date: June 16, 2021 12:37PM
Posted by: TomMK
You don't need the 9.6 patch. The version of GP4 from GP4 Central already contains the 9.6 patch, the no-cd patch, and GPxPatch 4.52.

You're up and running, no other patches needed.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy