CSM Not Working [Fixed]

Posted by ChaseBuck 
CSM Not Working [Fixed]
Date: April 11, 2021 01:06AM
Posted by: ChaseBuck
Hello, I have been trying to get CSM to work to use the 2018 F1 mod but I can't seem to figure it out. I have CSM open, but when I try to install a mod, it freezes, or stops responding. Does anyone know how to fix this? On Windows 10 too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2021 11:40PM by mortal.
Re: CSM Not Working
Date: April 11, 2021 02:07AM
Posted by: mortal
Some additional information such as your OS and any error dialogues could be helpful, edit your post with as much info as possible.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 11, 2021 02:23AM
Alright. I'm using Windows 10 and im not getting any errors other than the "not responding"
Date: April 11, 2021 03:04AM
Please read this from the GP4FAQ.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 11, 2021 03:57AM
I've just tried. No luck.
Date: April 11, 2021 05:34AM
Following what is in that thread should solve your problems, you must be missing something. Could you try installing another mod? It could be a problem with the mod that CSM doesn't like, hard to say without actually sitting in front of your computer.

Date: April 11, 2021 10:53AM
Posted by: Noog
Are you absolutely sure it's freezing ChaseBuck?

Open the Windows Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or WIN+X) and keep an eye on CSM's CPU usage in there while you install the mod.

Some mods can take a quite while to decompress and load, but CSM's screen feedback doesn't always reflect what's going on so it's easy to become impatient too quickly and try to close it/kill it off, which causes it to show 'not responding' because it's still busy. (I've done this so you wouldn't be the first!).
Date: April 11, 2021 03:36PM
I've tried other mods, none of them seem to work. Tried the new 2020 mod, and the Endurance series mod. Maybe theres a problem with all 3?
Date: April 11, 2021 03:38PM
After I hit ok to install the mod I try to install, the exe freezes, and I cant click anything. Then it shows up at the top the "not responding" text. The CPU usage moves from anywhere inside 10.1-10.9, but everything else stays the same.
Date: April 11, 2021 05:07PM
Fair enough.

In that case, as Mortal said before, try installing another mod. That way you'll know if the problem is arising from the mod or your system.

EDIT: Just noticed you said you had tried other mods in the post further up. So, this might sound like a stupid Q, but have you EVER installed a mod on this machine?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2021 05:14PM by Noog.
Date: April 11, 2021 07:35PM
No, I have never got a mod to work.
Date: April 11, 2021 07:40PM
Does the vanilla game work?
Date: April 11, 2021 07:42PM
Date: April 11, 2021 07:46PM
Are you installing CSM into the recommended folder?

Also, just a thought - do you have plenty of disc space on the drive where GP4 is installed?
Date: April 11, 2021 07:48PM
I have installed to C:/GrandPrix4/ZaZ Gp4 tools/. Has 470 GB left
Date: April 11, 2021 07:52PM
I don't really use CSM so I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure it should be installed in the Program Files folder, not the game folder. I'd uninstall it and put it in the right place if I were you.
Date: April 11, 2021 07:56PM
The post says not to install to program files.
Date: April 11, 2021 08:03PM
Does it? Which post?

That's where it is on the one machine where I do have it installed - works OK for me and I just ran the installer again to check and it even defaults to Program Files.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it does say that doesn't it? Oh well. Like I said, works for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2021 08:05PM by Noog.
Date: April 11, 2021 08:10PM
I can see the folder where the mod would be, but it has nothing in it, and never shows up on CSM
Date: April 11, 2021 08:19PM
ChaseBuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can see the folder where the mod would be, but
> it has nothing in it, and never shows up on CSM

That would be C:/GrandPrix4/GPSaves/something (something being carsets or something like that right)?

You probably need to wait for a Win10 user to give you a hand.

I'm a Linux user & I only have Win7 & XP on virtual machines (where the CSM installation is smooth) but it seems Win10 users often face a load of problems, and I really can't help with those.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy