Problems, again. [Fixed]

Posted by jaguarcatalonia 
Problems, again. [Fixed]
Date: April 11, 2021 05:37PM
Posted by: jaguarcatalonia
Hello.

I've changed my computer, that is, I got a new one.

I had to install GP4 again, and after doing things I was able to do so, well, I mean, I can play it without installing.

So the thing is that from time to time the game crashes when I am playing.

It is related to GPxPatch being badly configured? It is related to the game actually not being installed? Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2021 09:01PM by mortal.
Re: Problems, again.
Date: April 11, 2021 06:38PM
Posted by: Noog
jaguarcatalonia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is related to GPxPatch being badly configured?

If you enable debug in GPxPatch (medium at least) it might be able to tell you.

> It is related to the game actually not being installed?

Doubt it. I've only ever installed the game on one machine. I just copy the folder from one machine to another and it works fine.

> the game crashes when I am playing.

f1graphics.cfg needs tweaking for the new spec maybe?

> I've changed my computer, that is, I got a new one

If it's a 'new' new computer, you might want to check that all the drivers are up to date.
Date: April 11, 2021 09:11PM
Which spec you mean?
Date: April 11, 2021 10:14PM
Posted by: Noog
The specification of the new computer. Your f1graphics.cfg might have worked well with your old machine, but there could be a setting in there that the new machine doesn't like.

Take a look at it - the first line:

1 ; f1graphics.cfg controls all settings (default 0)

If yours says 1, you could turn it off by changing it to 0, which means ignore this file. (You can always put it back to 1 later if it doesn't help).

Now the game will decide what graphics settings to use instead. See if it solves the problem. If it does, you know there's something in there that needs tweaking.

If it doesn't, you could try taking a look at the Use CPU option in GPxPatch (GPxPatch tab). I always use the 0 option (which means use all CPU cores), but some say it should be set to 1 because anything else can cause problems on some computers. Again, just give it a try. It might help.

Then, assuming you're running the vanilla game (ie you haven't installed any mods) and it's still crashing you could try re-installing the game, just in case there are some corrupted files.

Also, as I mentioned before, enable debug in GPxPatch. That can often highlight a problem if there is one and save a lot of digging around. Random crashes can be quite difficult to pin down.
Date: April 12, 2021 01:28PM
Posted by: TomMK
Try the version at GP4 Central, it is pre-patched with the latest GPxPatch and Decrypted No-CD, no need to install, just run GPxPatch.exe and play. You should have no issues.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: April 12, 2021 01:48PM
Works, changing the CPU used ;) Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy