GP4 Mods / Downloads

Posted by Fisienthusiast 
GP4 Mods / Downloads
Date: April 02, 2021 12:59PM
Posted by: Fisienthusiast
Hi all,

Just joined as I have only now discovered the GP4 Central site and have been reliving my past playing GP4 during the last legs of this lockdown.

I am very eager to download the mods/updates for various of the following seasons. Sadly, I am unable to do so as I am not sure what to do with the CUH files. I cannot open them on Windows 10.

I'm sure there is something very simple I am missing here, I have looked over the FAQs but cannot find any guidance on this unless I am missing something.

Can someone please point me in the correct direction?

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2021 01:02PM by Fisienthusiast.
Re: GP4 Mods / Downloads
Date: April 02, 2021 01:51PM
Posted by: Noog
You need CSM, part of ZazTools. Here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2021 01:52PM by Noog.
Date: April 02, 2021 02:25PM
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Apologies if I sound like a novice but just wanna make sure I do this correctly. So I download that, then save the files there? Or will than enable me to open the files?

From there does it then give me the option to change cars in the game, or do I need to do it in Zaz?

Again apologies if that is a frustrating question, I just want to be sure

Thanks you once again for your help.
Date: April 02, 2021 03:42PM
You're welcome.

When you install ZazTools (and therefore CSM) the .cuh file will be associated with CSM so when you dbl click the cuh, CSM will load automatically for you. Should be self explanatory after that, but there's a help text here which might help should you hit problems. It's normally pretty smooth though, so explore and have fun.
Date: April 02, 2021 03:53PM
Forgot the link.
Date: April 02, 2021 04:00PM
Posted by: Zacio Geribello
you need gpxpatch here:
[rsdi.home.xs4all.nl]
here

1 -install gp4, see if it's working, choose your game options for each item. See if you need pach 1.02 (bellow). Try without..., maybe

2 - install gpxpatch in the game folder, check if it's working, the cars won't be full anymore with only gp4.exe
now you start the game with gpxpatch, then it should be fully working with some differences...
*maybe you can use the same gpxpatch for all installations and just change the link when you open the game, I never did it, I install one for each GP4

3 -now it's the big change. You must get "gp4.exe decrypted" here
[www.grandprixgames.org] - replace gp4.exe with that. It's good to create a copy of the original in some backup folder
*I don't know if and when you have to install 1.02 patch, I install gpxpatch directly and it works, you try it without then, first, or you ask again... (it depends on your original game installation version I believe...)

get CSM as said in the post above, install it in another directory, not the same of the game, already with decrypted gp4.exe replaced
I make a sub-directory in the game folder for each installation (you may have several installations in different folders...), I call it CSM or ZAZ

4 - open CSM.exe, go to the 2nd menu = File - Install carset / update
install the mod, configure your options or just open it to give a look

just about that... :)

take a look at this post... How to install a MOD
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2021 04:04PM by Zacio Geribello.
Date: April 02, 2021 11:19PM
Thank you both so much I will try this tomorrow and confirm
Date: April 03, 2021 01:35PM
Hi,

Ignore the previous version of this message I had a breakthrough. I have got it all working and downloaded, strange question but is there a way to edit the driver names? Have a habbit of having myself in a drive for the season and everytime I edit a name it defaults back to the driver's real name is all

Thank you for all your help, I got these in the end hence all these edits!

Sorry to be a pain

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2021 02:20PM by Fisienthusiast.
Date: April 03, 2021 03:08PM
Easiest way once you have a mod loaded is to restart the game and look at the GPxPatch > GpxSet tab. In there you see an option called Performance file. If it's selected (it will be), the filename linked is where the names are set, so if you find that file in your GP4 folder (it's usually in the /GP4/gpxdata folder or /GP4/gpxdata/Performance), simply edit that file, save it, and the name will be updated.

Note that you'll only see the new name in the game menu AFTER you go back out on the racetrack though (because it loads the file as you load a track). Then, once you've done that, you should find the game menu is updated too.

There are other ways to do it too, but I hope that helps.
Date: April 03, 2021 03:51PM
Hi,

Thanks for this info, afraid the performance file does not exist in my gpxdata files - in the GpXPatch in CSM it has the performance file as gpxdata\Generic.txt which I cannot find anywhere.

I note on the loads and restore mod part it gives me the option to "Enable custom profile" if I right click it. Would that fix it or is that more a profile that creates the mod?

Thanks again
Date: April 03, 2021 05:07PM
Oh OK. I don't use CSM so I'm not very familiar with how it does things, but I'm pretty sure it keeps a lot of its 'stuff' in the GPSaves folder.

Have you done a search for generic.txt (or failing that, have you tried doing a content search for one of the driver names in the mod)? That might turn it up, but be careful with a content search, as the driver names will appear in several places (such as the GPaedia etc). Basically, you're probably looking for a file laid out like this:

** gp3edit - performance file **

[Team #00]
Name=ferrari,
Performance=850,850,307
First Driver=1,michael schumacher,16256,301,16256,205
Second Driver=2,rubens barrichello,16098,382,15965,192

[Team #01]
Name=mclaren,mercedes
Performance=850,850,675
First Driver=3,mika hakkinen,16037,446,15943,215
Second Driver=4,david coulthard,16078,357,15901,267

[Team #02]
Name=williams,bmw
Performance=850,850,1044
First Driver=5,ralf schumacher,16003,857,16040,352
Second Driver=6,juan-pablo montoya,15895,528,15841,503

[Team #03]
Name=benetton,renault
Performance=825,835,798
First Driver=7,giancarlo fisichella,15217,446,15212,400
Second Driver=8,jenson button,15034,459,14975,455

... etc
Date: April 03, 2021 05:13PM
Hi, Yes from that way of looking at it my name is in there. I did manage to find the performance folder you were talking about but it cannot let me save after I change the name as I do not have permissions.

Just looks like something I cannot do - it is not the end of the world!
Date: April 03, 2021 06:00PM
Posted by: gap177
Copy and paste the performance file to your desktop. Edit the performance file and save. Now copy and paste the performance file into the correct folder. Voila!! Should work.

Glenn
Date: April 07, 2021 07:43PM
Posted by: petrus
Fisienthusiast: is there a way to edit the driver names? 
Have a habbit of having myself in a drive for the season and everytime I edit a name it defaults back to the driver's real name

CSM supports a custom profile to race with a personal name and helmet in a mod.
Using this is not necessary to change a performance file.

petrus' gpaedia files

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2021 05:48PM by petrus.
Date: April 10, 2021 07:02PM
Hi both,

Thanks for getting back to me, apologies real life got in the way of coming back to check! I did change the performance on each - will look to do a profile now and see how that goes!

Have to say am I the only one who finds the car you drive slower in the new mods? I even did a test to select multiple drivers and even when it goes to "Automatic" when I am full frottle down the straight it speeds up the second the PC takes back control

never had this on the original game haha
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy