Solutions for the most common GP4 game and CSM problems

Posted by XenonS 
Solutions for the most common GP4 game and CSM problems
Date: September 13, 2016 02:48PM
Posted by: XenonS
Here the solutions for the most common GP4 game and CSM problems:

Problem: The game often crashes when playing, especially after changing Car Setup.
Solution:
On fast computers, the FPS setting in the Options should not be 60 FPS but 30 FPS. Delete your F1graphics.cfg file, run the game, accept grafic and sound calibration, set all Advanced grafics to max. except the Pitcrew: to High only, don't set mirrors to max, don't change bump. Run Test until you read 60 FPS, then change it to 30-35 FPS. OK to save and quit game. Lock your F1graphics.cfg file by changing the first entry to 1 and set resolution to 1920x1080.

Problem: The game crashes if my Team companion leaves the pits together with me
Solution: Yes, GP4 will get confused...Wait until your companion has started.

Problem: I don't get the full replay time as set in the game Options
Solution: Set the Advanced grafics from Automatic to Manual and ensure that all settings except Mirror view are at maximum, the Pitcrew only to High (let the Bump disabled)

Problem: The car grafics, the track grafics or other grafics are all wrong
Solution: Your Advanced grafic settings in the game are not set to Manual and maximum, change that.

Problem: CSM says I need a clean wad file to start the program
Solution: Re-copy the decrypted GP4.exe in your game dir

Problem: CSM says I need a higher version of CSM to play the mod
Solution: Hahaha...there is no higher version, that's a nice one eh? Ok, open your main [your mod].csm and remove or edit the version entry to be lower.

Problem: CSM will not launch my mod, it restores it immediately after launch
Solution a) You have not installed the PLUS-Trackpack and your mod needs it. De-install the mod trackpack, install the PLUS-Trackpack, re-install mod trackpack.
Solution b)
If you have built a CSM mod, then you know already that ALL your ini files in the Settings folder must be right, also your main [your mod].csm must have the correct entries! Additionally, you must have all GPxPatch files in the Data\GPxPatch, plus you MUST set the Debug Mode to 'Enabled' and Verbosity to Medium in GPxPatch.

Problem: I can see no Pitcrew or track personel
Solution a) It's becasue you have set the Pitcrew grafic option to Highest, you must set it to High only (happens only with mods when chosing Hi resolutions). Redo the Test dance as explained in the first problem.
Solution b) Move your F1graphics.cfg and put it outside the game directory. Run the game and quit on main menu. Paste (and overwrite) your F1graphics.cfg back in the game.

Problem: Oops...All the driver and team names are gone, I see only a slash /
Solution: delete your f1gstate.sav and f1igstate.bak, run the game, go at least once in the 3D world (doesn't matter which race type) then quit with 'save the changes' enabled. Next time you start the names will show again. You will have to set all options again though (controls, race options etc.)

Problem: These Ferraris are always red, can I change them to pink?
Solution: Humm...yes, run the game in CGA grafics...

Have fun with GP4,
XenonS

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2016 01:15AM by XenonS.
Re: Solutions for the most common GP4 game and CSM problems
Date: September 13, 2016 11:13PM
Posted by: RHill
Thanks! Always wondered why my replay length never changes!
Date: September 13, 2016 11:39PM
I hope all this is helpful (Y)
When you change Advanced grafics to manual, leave the Pitcrew to High (not Highest) otherwise they will get invisible at some point...

XenonS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 11:51PM by XenonS.
Date: September 14, 2016 12:03AM
Posted by: mortal
Pinned to the FAQ.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 23, 2016 01:17AM
Post updated with a better solution for the no names/slash problem.

XenonS
CSM is not updating the cars.wad when I load a mod via CSM on my windows 10 laptop. Any suggestions?

Kimi forever!
But one problem is, that i downloaded a mod but the game crashes.. Any help?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy