Clutch in GP4

Posted by Marki 
Clutch in GP4
Date: August 12, 2002 02:42PM
Posted by: Marki
Has anybody tried it?

I only have a wheel with 2 pedals. If I would have an other pedal set, could I use it as a 3rd pedal(clutch)?

I know that in F1 clutch is rarely used(at starts for example or when leaving the pits), but I can't start an go gently in GP4 when I'm leaving the pits.
Re: Clutch in GP4
Date: August 12, 2002 02:47PM
Posted by: Vader
F1 clutch is normally no pedal, but a paddle behind the wheel, like the gear paddles. To make it realistic you must assign the clutch to one of the buttons on your wheel. Unfortunately it will than be digital clutch (on/off). You could however, if you use autogear, use one of the paddles as clutch, but I'll be damend if I knew if GP4 does support analogue clutch and if it does make any difference if you use the clutch. In GP3 it made no differenc e for me.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 12, 2002 03:07PM
Posted by: Marki
Yes. GP4 must support analogue clutch what i need. I tried if i assign buttons to Acc./Brake and use my brake pedal as analogue clutch, it works. It required calibration and now i have on/off acceleration, but at least i can play with the clutch(break pedal) and i really can start gently and go slowly in the pits.
But what if i would have a second pedal set? Could i use analogue acc/brake and analogue clutch at the same time?
Date: August 12, 2002 03:47PM
Posted by: Vader
Don't ask me, I'm just a tourist.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 02, 2020 10:53PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
found this very old topic and i'm just wondering if anybody uses clutch? i've just tried it my first time and the gears are semi-automatic anyway (no clutch needed for gears change). what's the exact use of it? just for smooth starts like described above?

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy