Zaz Win 10 issues

Posted by AustinF1 
Zaz Win 10 issues
Date: April 06, 2020 01:29AM
Posted by: AustinF1
I have followed the detailed instructions on how to install Zaz tools now that I have upgraded pc to Windows 10 but I'm getting some weird quirks as follows: When I click on a mod to run in CSM nothing happens automatically as it used to. I can open CSM and then go to file and install carset/update that way, the file does install, but when I hit Start to apply it, I get a message that I need at least CSM 1.25.1173 to run this mod(?). Also, TSM opens OK but when I click on a trackpack to install automatically nothing happens(?). I can create a single new track one at a time and save it(?). I'm missing something here. Installed GP4, w/patch 9.6, no CD patch, and GPxPatch 4.52. Help
Re: Zaz Win 10 issues
Date: April 06, 2020 08:32PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
Hi Austin,

In my case (i have just re-installed the whole game a couple of days ago) i have just extracted the game (patched version from gp4central) and regulary installed ZAZ tool (just the latest version). No further settings needed in my case (not even compatibility mode) and it just works great.
The only rule i followed was to not install the game (and zaz tool) into the Program Files folder. Just install it to C:\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 (as some say, Program Files causes some issues).
I recommend you to frist try this "simple way" before trying any further methods. With the latest version of GPxPatch, there should be no need for compatibility mode anyway.

Hope this helps.

Carl

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2020 09:55PM by Carl_gpgames.
Date: April 06, 2020 09:34PM
Thanks for the reply. Strangely, I tried that but kept getting a message that "GP4 was not installed on this pc". I then installed it thru the full ISO first and then did the individual updates and GPxPatch to get me this far. It works - just the automatic Trackpacks and car mods don't work. Hmm?
Date: April 06, 2020 09:50PM
I would only use the packed version from GP4 central. You must then add the location to CSM (screenshot below).

Which version of ZAZ tools did you use for your installation?

Anyway, i recommend you to start clean, deinstall everythin, restart the computer, clean the registry and then follow the steps i mentiont above. I've installed GP4 on at least 3 computers (all windows 10) and never had any issues.
Date: April 07, 2020 03:20PM
It was zaz v1.26, the only one I could find. Thanks
Date: April 07, 2020 06:03PM
Thanks for the follow-up. I noticed your CSM paths have that word "Mods" in there. Is that significant as mine does not?
Date: April 07, 2020 08:01PM
I noticed the instructions on the FAQs prompts one to "overwrite every single file with all the files that was provided with the link". I'm reading that as a prompt to copy and paste the whole Zaz Tools folder onto the original installed folder. Am I correct?
Date: April 07, 2020 08:59PM
i have never really unterstood that method. for me, it worked to just regularly install the latest zaz-version. But i'd try it, maybe it helps.
Date: April 07, 2020 09:07PM
We'll keep at it. I may end up going back to Windows 7 before this is all over. Thanks for the consistent follow-up.
Date: April 07, 2020 09:12PM
Did you check your firewall and antivirus settings? there might be something holding off csm from changing files in the gp4 directory.
Date: April 10, 2020 04:42AM
Had the same issues with Win 10 after turning off the Firewall and Antivirus. I went ahead and went back to Win 7 and my Momo wheel seems to like it better. I think part of my issues had to do with an older sound card that Win 10 would not deal with. Everything seems to work now except my Zaz Tools TSM, which will still not open and install whole year Trackpacks. Again, I can still create new tracks individually in it. If anyone has the single files for the 1994 Adelaide, I would be greatly obliged. It is one of my favorites and I had always installed it before as part of the 1994 Trackpack. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy