Problem reinstalling GP4 on Win 7

Posted by AustinF1 
Problem reinstalling GP4 on Win 7
Date: April 05, 2020 02:29AM
Posted by: AustinF1
I'm going through my latest PC saga and had to reinstall Windows on my PC (I5, 8 Gb Ram, SSD, Nvidea GS1050 VC). My 1st play was to just upgrade to Windows 10 and the game works fine except my Logitec Momo wheel controller isn't responding well to the Windows 10 drivers(?) so I setup up a drive with Windows 7 (I have both now) but cannot seem to get GP4 reinstalled and working properly. I use the downloaded GP4 w/GPxpatch 4.52 inc from gp4central but when I hit install it keeps giving me a strange message that it failed to launch installation engine, class not registered(?). The "PLAY" button is enabled but it keeps telling me that I have to install Direct X 8.1(?).

Being stuck at home over this Corona Virus scare, I need my GP4. Help fellas!
Re: Problem reinstalling GP4 on Win 7
Date: April 05, 2020 04:05AM
Posted by: mortal
The latest DX will work. Google class not registered error.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 05, 2020 03:49PM
Posted by: AustinF1
Dxdiag reflects that it has DX11. What significance does Google class have to this scenario? Thanks
Date: April 05, 2020 08:38PM
Posted by: mortal
It has none. My statement refers to you using Google to search for class not registered.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy