Something's wrong i can feel it

Posted by 8613F_Haris 
Something's wrong i can feel it
Date: January 21, 2020 11:06AM
Posted by: 8613F_Haris
Hi guys
So today i played GP4 like before, but then i was getting this problem. The game still runs fine when i enter the track, but when the light goes out, the game was slowed down (no stuttering or lag, but something like slow-motion). But when i goes to the 1st place, the game was speeding up like a timelapse.
Can you guys tell me what's wrong in the graphical settings? Because I had to recalibrate the graphics before. And no, i doesn't change anything in the graphical settings, because I set that to "Automatic".
Re: Something's wrong i can feel it
Date: January 21, 2020 12:58PM
Posted by: Flash Formula
I was having the same issue a while back and worked out that my pc was not powerful enough to run just the high car lods only, running 22 car models with 50000+ polys on the screen at the same time killed my cpu, so i needed the use the lower lods to help free up the cpu and if a car model was released with only the high lods (LOD00) then I had to painstakingly make the lower lods myself :(
I would run the game with fresh track & car wads to see how it performs and then start slowly added stuff into the car.wad likes one car first, then another... till you start to see a performance lag (Y)

Date: January 21, 2020 06:16PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
I had a extremely timelapsed GP4 when using it on my new computer for the first time. After I put in the graphic card of the old computer the problem was gone. Especially when you are using your own cars the graphics are very demanding for the technic.
Date: January 21, 2020 07:39PM
Posted by: n00binio
This can also happen due to an excessive filesize of the cars.wad. It should be kept somewhere below 1GB. Deletig unused stuff inside it might already do the trick.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: January 22, 2020 04:54PM
Posted by: huskyman49
Same problem but has nothing to do with the size of the cars.wad. Occured all at once on tracks and with mods which always ran o.k. Could not find out so far what the problem is... :-o.
Any (useful) ideas around???
Date: January 23, 2020 02:24PM
Thanks guys for all the solutions. Well, i had to reinstall the GP4 since the problem is not caused by cars.wad files (that file is already below 1GB) so yeah, uninstall and install the GP4 again, and it works! So the problem is solved!
Date: January 23, 2020 02:29PM
huskyman49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Same problem but has nothing to do with the size
> of the cars.wad. Occured all at once on tracks and
> with mods which always ran o.k. Could not find out
> so far what the problem is... :-o.
> Any (useful) ideas around???
Hmm, maybe you had to remove the mod and see if that problem is caused by your mod. If the game runs fine, maybe your mod is too heavy for the game.
Date: January 23, 2020 04:04PM
The problem is definitely caused by the mod resp. some cars in it with certain bugs (mainly on the textures side...). As I said before, it isn't the size of the mod that causes the problem - it's only around 250 MB.
Meanwhile I made little progress ironing out some bugs in the tex (TGA-files). My method was according to Flash Formula's earlier proposal (Thanks for it (Y)).
Hopefully I can solve the problem completely without spending too many nights on it ;-)
Date: January 23, 2020 06:09PM
Changed the f1graphics.cfg to another version and the problem is already solved!(I):-)
Date: January 24, 2020 03:15AM
huskyman49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Changed the f1graphics.cfg to another version and
> the problem is already solved!(I):-)

Great news (y) What did you change in the f1graphics.cfg?

Date: January 24, 2020 11:08AM
Stupidly I don't know because I deleted the former used one, so I can only send you the new (working) one if you want...
Date: January 24, 2020 05:22PM
Yeah that would be great (y) see if it speed things up a bit more :-)

Date: January 24, 2020 05:40PM
Date: January 24, 2020 08:33PM
Thanks mate (y)

Date: January 30, 2020 06:10PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I was on vacation in Thailand last summer, met a good looking lady and had the same thought.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy