old kid on the block - F1 Adventures...

Posted by Zacio Geribello 
old kid on the block - F1 Adventures...
Date: October 02, 2019 09:56PM
Posted by: Zacio Geribello
Hi, I'm so proud of you, I wish I could do what you do for GP4. I'm always around but never log in, never wrote. Huge racing cars fun, from Brazil, 61yo, while I still remember :) - I was there in Interlagos the first race in 1972, went with my cousin, I was 13yo and travelled through S Paulo state by train alone with my father permission, without the tickets. We got there by 6 am, the gates were closed, people were smashing each other to by theirs, the last time my feet touched the ground was about 5 meters from the window of the ticket-office, we bouth it and then had to wait hours under the strongest sun. The firemen had to pass with the trucks and pour us with water, as if we were on fire. I had all collection of that and previous year of 4 Rodas and Auto Esporte, very well done magazines about racing & cars. I have been a driver since I was 6 (slot cars), then the powerful Beetle of my father at 9yo and a great passion for the sport. I am a very good driver but never raced and on the streets, specially at my age, some years now, I just try to do the right thing and drive for everyone. I have several combinations of tracks and mods, play with the keyboard and there's always something I can't do, or my machine doesn't go well with the game, but yes, I have had SO MUCH FUN WITH IT! LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE! TKS!

After that I've camped in Interlagos (1974, the duel between Emerson and Peterson), in the kart track and a third time I came to watch Pace's victory in 75? So sad Pace had the accident, it was near my city... :( He was a hell of a pilot and would have undoubtedly been world champion at least once, I guess. I can't remember which year I "talked" to James Hunt when the boxes were opened to us. Hunt was the only one not looking inside. He came to the entrance of the boxes, he was more interested in us the Brazilian people than we in him. So I a little kid stoped in front of him with my friends and asked: what place did you get? Man, I was the hero of the day :) - And he, to my glory, didn't know it, so he asked a very extravagant person that was back there in the boxes: Lord Hesketh :) = He said: Ninth! - so, he was listening too. And Hunt looked at me and said: Ninth! = Thank you! I think it was in 1975, can't remember. The next year, Hunt was the F1 Champion...

Well, I cant' make a car or a track and I am so sad because of that, but I can do some of the entertainment work. See you!
real name Horacio.
Re: old kid on the block - F1 Adventures...
Date: October 02, 2019 10:44PM
Posted by: Soutsen
That was incredibly cheerful to read, thank you a lot. Wish I was you, lol. Outstanding (Y)

Date: October 03, 2019 10:41AM
Posted by: huskyman49
What a great story, Horacio!
Reminds me a bit to my own experience, grown up near the later Red Bull Ring, former Österreichring. Watched the first race in 1960 when Sir Stirling Moss (my boyhood idol from then on...) won in his blue Rob Walker Porsche F2...
In 1971 I met Jo Siffert in the paddock, which was (in pre-Ecclestone times ;)) easily to enter and he gave me an autograph for my little brother (I didn't care for autographs and such stuff then...).
His later fatal accident made me very sad as he was such a modest and sympathetic person.
Like you I'm a little older now but also heavily addicted to simracing via GP4 which is definitely the best!!!
You might have noticed that I learned converting cars from other games, starting from scratch but with the assistance of some great guys (and girls ;)) from that community I finally reached reasonable satisfactory results.
So take my best wishes and keep going (Y)
Karl
Date: October 03, 2019 11:36PM
Posted by: Zacio Geribello
It's really cool, let's say it the informal way :) to talk to you. the "engineers" of the forum. Great job everyone, still not said enough. Thanks to you Karl and to Soutsen for replying. Oh, I liked Jo Siffert too! And Pedro Rodriguez, drivers of the flying fortress of those days, the Porshe 917, and BRM drivers. Those were really great guys because cars didn't have so much security or control, you had to control them almost as if they were regular street cars, with pedals, and steering reactions you could never really predict on each lap. But today boys are so good too, because it all goes so fast, as Frank Williams said recently, they must have the highest degree of reflexes and concentration. Simulators are pretty good too, specially if you have a close experience with the story of racing cars, the teams, the tracks, wow, it feels so good when you finally drive on all of those tracks you knew only by following the sport, and you have a considerable degree of interaction with everything. Really great. Ok, I think that's good for today, huh? Greetings to all...
Date: October 04, 2019 12:30AM
Posted by: Soutsen
To sum it up - basically it's great to be alive these days) At least we people hadn't have all of this stuff back in 1500's or either 1800's - like no racing nor internet/forums/games and stuff, and the we'd be forced to watch the rare and special horse racing or a fox hunting (for very few royalties only) in the very best case, lol ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2019 12:34AM by Soutsen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy