unknown assertion

Posted by huskyman49 
unknown assertion
Date: August 29, 2019 06:42PM
Posted by: huskyman49
Help needed:
I can save any race but when I exit from GP4 the game crashes and gives me the following assert-protocol (saved in '\gpxdata\log\...';) folder:
'0x77029010 -> <unknown assertion>
0x76fd9a93 -> <unknown assertion>'
The problem occurs only on a certain track.
Who of you knows what that means and how to solve, please?
I can send the track or maybe I better enclose it now: [www.mediafire.com]
It's an oval track with some chicanes I use as Daytona; mainly because it resembles a bit to that track which unfortunately non of the highly competent and admired track builders could finish/release so far... (Ariel?) ;)
Anyway I'm happy with and grateful for all the other tracks they made!!!

Long live GP4 (Y)
Karl
Re: unknown assertion
Date: August 29, 2019 07:40PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Hi Karl, I tried Daytona, (in fact I had the whole environment with buildings and stands, I even put the "Daytona" sign on the wall ...), but I couldn't solve the issue of the degrees of inclination in the banked corners ... I finally abandoned it ...
I will download the file you uploaded to see what it is.

I even had the loading ready ...

regards

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2019 07:56PM by Meteoro405.
Date: August 29, 2019 07:56PM
Oh, that would be fine if you could solve the banking problem with assistance from the oval track I sent - maybe you can even use parts of it...
As I couldn't find out who made the track it should be no problem to use it partly or so... Anyway, whoever he was - he did a good job and so let's give credits to him!
I would really like to race the real Daytona track (made by Meteoro405 :-) one day...)!

Have a good time, my friend
Karl
Date: August 29, 2019 09:24PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Karl, that track is Rafaela (oval in Argentina) version with chicanes for "Turismo Carretera" (the oldest racing series in the world, 82 consecutive years only suspended by WWII), made by Maxi_82.

The version without chicanes was used by the Indy Cars

I have used it without problems, except a part of the asphalt that looks like grass.

Please try whit this version: RAFAELA 1.1 by Maxi_82

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: August 30, 2019 06:48AM
Thank you for the track and the information about it's history, Ariel!
I just tried it out and it's really nice and way better than the track I used (Y)

Have a nice day
Karl
Date: August 31, 2019 05:56PM
Today I tried a race on the track but developped some odd bug: When I pit for refuelling/tyre change the pitcrew goes back into the pits instead of working on my car - probably they weren't paid enough and are on a strike...?
When I try to leave the pits then in despair the car doesn't move any more. What could be the reason and how to solve, please?:(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy