How do I change the number on a circuit dat. file?

Posted by F1Classicfan 
I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to change the number/order on the circuit dat. files? I can play the tracks in any order either through TSM or Gpxpatch but Ive encountered some graphics issues if they are out of their 2001 lineup. For example I'm using the Monaco track from the 2001 track pack, which has a dat. file of Stct07. If I leave that track as the 7th race of the season regardless of what other animation changes I make (such as garages/pit stands/muppets, etc.) everything is fine. However, if I move the Monaco track to another slot I've noticed the starting lights on the gantry no longer work. This appears to be the case for the majority of the tracks I'm using regardless of the being from different trackpacks and authors.

If anyone else has come across this problem and has a solution or knows how to change the number on the dat. files, I would be very appreciative.
Re: How do I change the number on a circuit dat. file?
Date: April 01, 2019 04:40PM
Posted by: landex
If you change only the slot of .dat file, there´s gonna be mismash: gp4 will load the monaco2001.dat but loads the original .wad of the slot you choose. P.e.: Lets say you are using the original 2001 mod. If you choose for monaco the slot 1, who is melborne. You have to backup monaco2001.wad and melborne2001.wad. And then rename monaco2001.wad to melborne2001.wad, and all monaco2001... files inside the .wad(not the textures).
There are some utils who do that, but I notice that is better to do it manual.
Ooorrrrr.... you can use GPxPatch's track manager and select any order you choose from the (original) .wad named files in oyur GP4 main folder

Paulo
Date: April 01, 2019 08:40PM
Posted by: gap177
From Gpxpatch Help Page.

"Starting lights. The starting lights position can be specified under a section called [StartingLights], using keys X1, Y1, Z1, X2, Y2, Z2, each with 1 floating point value. These are equal to the values within the SLCEditor by PatrickC, and the result will be the same as when that tool is used. If not present within the .ini file, GPxTrack will try to load <trackname>.slc and get the values from the first track within that file."

This may help.

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: April 02, 2019 01:30AM
Posted by: TomMK
If you're using GPxTrack (which I recommend), then you either need the .slc file in the same folder as the .dat, or the startinglights values in the .ini file.

My preference is the .ini values. For the original 17 tracks you can find those values in gpxpdata\tracks\gp4\

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: April 03, 2019 04:43PM
Posted by: SDI
I agree with TomMK, GPxTrack handles this for you. From GPxTrack documentation:

Sometimes you just want to change the order of the default tracks. This case is also handled by the track manager. In GP4, when a default .dat file is detected in a different slot, the .wad file from the original slot will be loaded, as well as the .gpi (menu track map), loading screen .bmp image, and track marks files. Additional settings from s1ctXX.ini files will also be handled.

You'll have to copy the s1ctXX.ini files from gpxpdata\tracks\gp4 to the circuits directory (where the s1ctXX.dat files are located).

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy