Reinstall performance mystery

Posted by AustinF1 
Reinstall performance mystery
Date: January 27, 2019 05:18AM
Posted by: AustinF1
I have just installed a new copy of XP on my replacement PC and reinstalled all of my GP4 stuff, which includes the original game, the updates, ZAZ tools, GPxPatch Team Editor v3.5, and most of the aftermarket tracks created by the great contributors on here. I'm having a very strange problem in that I am now 2-3 seconds per lap off the pace on almost every track that I run on, most of the difference on straight away power and entering the turns. I have tried all kinds of various tweaking of the magic data and also messed with the performance files thru Team Editor (even obscene settings of my driver being over 20% higher than any other). I have tried every setting in GPxPatch, Old Behavior, Team Dependent Power, Power and Grip, and some different performance files. Nothing seems to change anything. It is as though something in my reinstall has blocked and overridden any and all outside edits. Prior to the reinstall, I had the game setup up giving my self an approx 5-6% performance boost thru Team Editor and had tweaked my favorite tracks' magic data where I could win if I ran a near perfect race, i.e. correct line and no mistakes. Any help is appreciated.
Re: Reinstall performance mystery
Date: January 27, 2019 11:46AM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
One thing coming in my mind is:
Did you install the same GPxPatch version, as you had before?
Date: January 27, 2019 04:11PM
Actually, I installed the newest one and then uninstalled it and installed the previous version thinking that may have had something to do with it. No change, though. I'm sure there is something trivial I'm missing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2019 04:12PM by AustinF1.
Date: January 27, 2019 06:21PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
You said you use team editor, try using original decrypted GP4.exe, without using team editor: [www.gp4db.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2019 06:22PM by MSchumi24.
Date: January 28, 2019 02:22AM
Thanks for the reply. I figured it out. I just had to tweak the MD skill factor settings and leave the rest alone. Sometimes we may get too a bit too analytical, huh?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy