Thrustmaster T300 custom control mapper

Posted by DS2k3 
Thrustmaster T300 custom control mapper
Date: July 17, 2017 09:15AM
Posted by: DS2k3
Hello,

I have recently decided to fire up GP4 after many many years away. Good to see this community still updating this game over the years. I have popped in and check a few mods out over the last 15 years.

I have searched this forum and many other in finding a solution to modern wheels connecting to GP4. I have a thustmaster T300 and as many people report the Throttle and brake share the same axis no matter what.

The only way to get it working is to use combined axis which has its limitations.

So my question is, are there any 3rd party controlling mapping programs able to use to change axis of a controller in windows or that work with GP4 to get around this problem?

Kind Regards
Daniel.
Re: Thrustmaster T300 custom control mapper
Date: July 18, 2017 05:35AM
Posted by: DS2k3
Hi Guys,

I have actually found a solution to this after my post. So if anyone is interested in getting modern pedals working in GP4 see below.

I suggest downloading the following program [vjoystick.sourceforge.net]

Universal Joystick remapper. you will need to download the vjoy driver which basically is a virtual controller. that works with the remapping software.

Basically you can remap your pedals to the virtual joystick (which works for wheels too) as another axis, in my case i switched it to X and Y Axis. Once remapped leave UJR open. Load up GP4 and what i've done is used "control A" as my Pedals remapped so for brake and accelerated you use control A. and all other steering inputs i use controller B which is my T300 wheel. this preserve the force feedback etc and saves you remapping all other buttons to the virtual controller.

If anyone is interested i can create a brief guide of the steps required. The above is just a general overview.

Cheers
Daniel
Re: Thrustmaster T300 custom control mapper
Date: December 09, 2017 01:28PM
Posted by: letr2p
Hi Daniel!

I am having the same problem with my t3pa pedals, maybe You can help me with the steps required? Would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy