Track building - pit lane

Posted by RHill 
Track building - pit lane
Date: November 04, 2017 12:07AM
Posted by: RHill
Hi

I’m trying to edit the pit lane flags so that the pit lane begin, pit lane fence begin and speed limiter are right at the begging of the pit lane. I’m doing this because sometimes I think the cc and player enter the pits and leave the pits differently before the limiter comes into effect, creating inconsistency.

I can get the cc cars to drive the new flag layout correctly but the player car seems to ignore the speed limiter line and only slows down later in the pit lane. The only flag errors I can see are bank description missing, but I have no idea what this means.

Does anyone know what I need to do to make the cc and player cars drive on the limiter right from the pit lane entrance?

Thanks
Re: Track building - pit lane
Date: November 04, 2017 10:55AM
A bit more info on what I'm trying to do here...

Basically start the pit fence begin at the beginning of the pitlane, with speed limiter on right after it. Everything is in order with the pitlane flags, except for the error bank description on all sectors up to pits begin.

The player limiter doesn't come on until later for some reason, so I think it has something to do with the pitlane having a corner in it after the pit lane fence begin flag or that the pit all itself hasn't started.

Any help would be appreciated. Like I say I'm trying to bring the limiter mark to the very begging of the pit lane, which works for cc, but limiter is not placed on for player.
Date: November 12, 2017 01:12AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Could you share the dat file?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 13, 2017 09:27PM
Link is below

[www.mediafire.com]

Basically I have the pitlane flags set how I like, but the bank description errors mean that the speed limiter works for the cc cars but the player car kind of spins weirdly on the pit entry (try it) and won't slow to pit limiter speed.
Would be grateful if you took a look for me.

Thanks
Richard
Date: November 19, 2017 05:05PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I see you moved also the "Pit Lane Fences Begin"-flag to the beginning of the pitlane and that's why you get the bank description errors because the fences of the pitlane still begins at sector 57.

My advice is not to move the "Pit Lane Fences Begin"-flag and put the "Speed Limiter On"-flag 1 sector after the "Pit Lane Fences Begin"-flag.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy