Problem with zmodeler 1.07b

Posted by jucksman 
Problem with zmodeler 1.07b
Date: August 07, 2017 03:18AM
Posted by: jucksman
Guys,

Can someone help me with a couple issues Im having?

- Whenever I export an object from zmodeler in gp4 format, It becomes transparent when opened in gp4 builder...how can I fix that?

- Another issue that Im having is that zmodeler refuses to import the gp4 files - whenever I try to import a car, for example, I always get an error message...is there any good tutorial that I could follow to import/export?

Thanks!
Re: Problem with zmodeler 1.07b
Date: August 07, 2017 07:51AM
Posted by: huskyman49
had the same problem importing gp4 car files - solved it that way: first of all I converted all *.tex files which belong to a certain car (xyz.tex, but not hi_xyz.tex) to xyz.tga files (some of them you find in the 'shared' folder, for example 'cockpit_damage.tex' etc. ...). Then I put all in a folder (gp4, tex and tga files). Now I can open it without problems in zmodeler or gp4 builder. When I exported a car from zmodeler I could not reimport again without first open it in gp4 builder and then save it as xyz.gp4 to the folder - than it worked fine...
Hope I could help you out a little with that story :-)
Credits to all the great modders who gave me hints how to work with all that stuff successfully! (G)
Date: August 07, 2017 01:38PM
This is what happens when I export the car in .GP4 format from zmodeler:
Date: August 07, 2017 01:45PM
Posted by: kedy89
try pressing F1 in gp4builder, could be the alpha blending

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: August 07, 2017 03:11PM
Posted by: rracunis
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> try pressing F1 in gp4builder, could be the alpha
> blending

You can do as Kedy taught you or you can follow the image below :

Date: August 07, 2017 03:24PM
Posted by: phantaman
And I'm having some issues that pertain to mercedes contained in the ayman55 package. UV Mapping I think ... The 2016 mercedes from RSCT group had the same problem in both cars and was corrected as I can remember.

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: August 07, 2017 10:58PM
Ok!

I did as instructed, and the object became all black...it´s and improvement, but I still don´t know how to make it show properly...:(
Date: August 08, 2017 11:36AM
Posted by: huskyman49
last time I had that problem with a car I think it was because of wrong order of materials or missing material...
Date: August 08, 2017 11:01PM
When I export a car from Gp4 Builder in .3ds format, the objects become transparent in zmodeler when I open them...is there anything specific that I need to do in GP4 Builder BEFORE exporting the car to .3ds?
Date: August 09, 2017 09:45AM
Posted by: rracunis
Please send me the files exactly as they are now , at the step you export a car from Gp4 Builder in .3ds format . I can't understand what is going on , let me see
Date: August 09, 2017 03:16PM
Is it windows 10? I believe it is a tool incompatibility with the latest versions of this system (1607/1703). With versions 1507 and 1511 of windows 10 this did not happen. See if zmodeler2 is possible

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Date: August 09, 2017 03:20PM
I think it's because this tool is a bit old and has not received updates since the release of version 1.07b when the operating system in the vast majority of PC's was windows XP

Date: August 09, 2017 04:32PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
I remember that GP4Builder often shows white, transparent or incomplete objects, that's the reason why we have ZModeler. But I don't know why it is like the way it is.
Date: August 09, 2017 06:03PM
Both zmodeler 1 and 2 show the objects as transparent. Recently rracunis sent me a couple of cars that opened properly both in .3ds and zmodeler formats...

Is there a way to solve this compatibility issues with windows 10?
Date: August 11, 2017 12:09PM
Any suggestions?
Date: August 12, 2017 12:19AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Change OS

Date: August 12, 2017 02:35AM
Not very helpful, mate...

EricMoinet Wrote:
> Change OS
Date: August 12, 2017 10:47AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
You can do a dual boot. Or a virtualisation I think too.

The tool is probably too old for current win10 as said phantaman. If you still want to use this tool you'll need to downgrade your OS, whatever way you do it.
Or then change tool.

Date: August 12, 2017 01:22PM
Posted by: gezere
Did you try to uncheck the transparency option?

Date: August 14, 2017 10:45PM
I´ve tried it, Gezere, but the problem persists - the car goes from tansparent to all black (without any textures, lighting, etc) if I change transparency.

I´m starting to think it might be related to cars converted from AC. I noticed today that iwhen I first open a car, It imports correctly to zmodeler as a .3ds file. However, if I export the car from zm and try to replicate the process, I get the transparent/black car...

gezere Wrote:
> Did you try to uncheck the transparency option?
>
> [img4.hostingpics.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy