Pit Stop bug - pitting in very last lap - weird problem

Posted by TGF1DRIVER 
Hello guys, I just came across another weird bug in GP4. I was driving a 3 lap-race on Ecuador circuit and was in the lead over about 10 seconds to the second driver, when I stripped the guard rail on the right in the very last corner on the very last lap, what had as a consequence that I was slipping into the pitlane on the left. ;-((N) No problem I thought, I just do it like Schumacher did in Silverstone 1998. ;)(I):-)(Y) I was just driving quite in the middle of the pitlane after the pit stop when the second driver crossed the finish line and.... WON! :-O What the f***!? I'm absolutely sure that I crossed the extended finish line in the pitlane before anyone else! Could that be!? hot And that was not enough, I was dropping immediately back to 22nd position after I was out of the pitlane! :( And then the race ended automatically which me in 22nd position and a delay of one lap in the race results! :-( What a nasty GP4 bug!

So in the next race I tried the same situation again, but this time I was stopping shortly before my mechanics, drove with gear R back to the pit entrance and crossed the finish line on the track in 7th position. But: I was not in the score again! 22nd place again, even I didn't drive through the whole pitlane! What is wrong with GP4 guys? :-ohot

Has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2017 12:27PM by TGF1DRIVER.

The people who create the tracks for racing sports cars must meet certain parameters so that the computer can know the position of the cars during the race.
The two yellow rectangles, identify the control of incoming and outgoing vehicles from the staging area, and then the computer can select the speed of the rules in this area.
Fuchsia rectangle marks the point where the computer counts the steps of the cars, and then can decide the term of total laps.
If the cars enter the pit area without making the stop, the computer must use the rule in which the route has been planned
, and often this type of maneuver penalizes the location of the car because it is considered an illegal maneuver.
Unfortunately it is not always possible to emulate the real F1 regulations because a simulator program a route one must consider some factors that in real life is not necessary.
For those who have never programmed a simulator, but simply played with a steering wheel and gloves to emulate a racing driver
, they need to know that despite the simulators are different in graphics and performance they have in common the need to control the car's position using invisible rectangles arranged all along the race.
I think it's not a mistake that happened to you with GP4, because even another simulator may perform the same problem if you do not program the track to handle a situation similar to your case.
Ok, but I don't think that it's a bug with the track, I think it's the exe because I can remember similar issues on other tracks as well. I would like to hear the opinion of SDI, our great master, as well.
Well it was me who made Ecuador, but to be fair, I have never tried finishing a race in the pit lane!
So I can't tell you whether it's a track problem or an exe problem I'm afraid :(

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
salvasirignano schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well it was me who made Ecuador, but to be fair, I
> have never tried finishing a race in the pit
> lane!
> So I can't tell you whether it's a track problem
> or an exe problem I'm afraid :(

No problem, it's not your fault if I'm too stupid to drive the last corner. I drove the race again today and won! ;)(Y)

But nevertheless it would be interesting what causes that bug.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2017 11:39PM by TGF1DRIVER.
From my experiences of playing GP2, GP3 and GP4, I believe that any driver that pits on the last lap of a race for whatever reason is deemed not to have completed that lap, so basically they lose 1 lap. I do not know the reason as to why this is unfortunately but I think it is the same with all the Geoff Crammond Grand Prix games, you go into the pitlane on the last lap and you lose a lap.
Mmm, I don't know. I think it isn't useful, anyway, to go to the box on the last lap, even if your car's damaged. Why to lose other positions? To take checkered flag is better!!! ;) Or not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2017 09:24PM by konradkid.
konradkid schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mmm, I don't know. I think it isn't useful,
> anyway, to go to the box on the last lap, even if
> your car's damaged. Why to lose other positions?
> To take checkered flag is better!!! ;) Or not?

Yes of course! I don't know if you know Ecuador circuit, but there you have to take care in the last corner. If you are too fast you'll landing inside the pitlane.

But another fact: I was in the lead with 2 laps, so I after the 40 laps I completed lap 41 and was also not in the score! Then I drove on and completed lap 42, but no score again! Then somebody else won and I was throwing my pc out of the window immediately afterwards. *joke* I drove the whole race again and won with a lead of almost 4 laps to the second one and a fastest lap of 1:56:892 min., even I was not driving the strongest car I have. ;)(Y)(H):-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy