Under steer on Monaco

Posted by AustinF1 
Under steer on Monaco
Date: January 13, 2017 11:07PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I'm having a strange issue while running on the Monaco circuit, that being that my car will not make the turn on the last hairpin before entering the main straight or pit entrance. The car simply catches that wall every time. I've tried running on some of the yearly updates on that track but have the same problem. I have a logitec "Momo" type wheel and don't have these issues on other tracks. Any advice? Thanks, Austin F!
Re: Under steer on Monaco
Date: January 13, 2017 11:42PM
Posted by: n00binio
Are you touching the inside wall by any chance? Especially in this corner it will give tha car a bump and send it into the outside wall. Try leaving some extra space on the inside and see if you can get round that corner.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: January 14, 2017 12:45AM
I appreciate the tip but no, I am not touching the inside wall, very careful to enter that hairpin as close to the outside as possible.
Date: January 14, 2017 05:38PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Some tips :

1- In Game options put Steering Lock to max
In car set up :
2- Add more Front and Rear Wings. It's the slowest track of the calendar so don't be shy to put them at max, then lower down Rear Wing a bit if you're not fast enough.
3- Differential : I don't remember how it works in GP4 but basically if it's hard to enter into the curve lower down the deceleration, and maybe the acceleration too to help the car to slide at the exit.
4- Spring/Bump/Rebound/ARB : soften Front and/or stiffen Rear

All of these may help

Date: January 15, 2017 08:39PM
Appreciate these tips. I'll give them a try.
Date: January 17, 2017 08:12PM
Posted by: konradkid
In car setup, shorten 1st gear! ;) It will helps
Date: January 18, 2017 02:34AM
By shorten, I assume you mean lowering the number or raising the lower gear number (which would "shorten" the change from 1st to 2nd). Thanks for the reply, Austin F1
Date: January 18, 2017 12:03PM
Posted by: konradkid
I mean shorten every gear, especially the first gear. Lowering 1st gear is useful in Monaco because it helps the "engine brake" effect in Loews hairpin. For example, I use this setup for gears (6 gears):

21/28/35/41/48/54

At Ace level, with original GP4 performances and original physics, my best personal is 1'16"871, good to sign Pole Position! ;)

Good Luck, Austin!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy