Changing lenght of Instant Replay

Posted by XenonS 
Changing lenght of Instant Replay
Date: September 10, 2016 07:55PM
Posted by: XenonS
Hi,
I have read various posts about this but the solutions are or confusing or not working.
I want to get a longer Instant Replay than the max. 1 minute, I mean the instant replay (pause + R during race) not the race replay. It's not in the F1grafics.cfg, AFAIK not in Magic Data or in the GP4Tweaker.

I have set Advanced grafics to manual and have run 'Test' again, but this will not yield a higher possible bar for the replay length in the in-game options. My max. slider gives me 1 minute and not more.
Any way to tweak this with/without external utility?

Thanks,
XenonS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 07:59PM by XenonS.
Re: Changing lenght of Instant Replay
Date: September 10, 2016 08:21PM
Posted by: gap177
That's odd. You should be able to set it to 1:30:00 hrs or 90 minutes in the graphics menu. In game you need to use F5 to rewind.

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: September 10, 2016 08:31PM
AArghh...Sorry, I forgot to mention: I'm using the Season 2002 mod (non-CSM). Yes I know that with other mods the replay setting goes up to 1'30'00 , but even then the replay is only about 30 seconds long !! In my current mod, the max bar possible is at 00:01:00.

Maybe I'm using the wrong in-game commands? Hitting F5 will change the 'optimal driving line' on/off (driving options) . What I mean is the lengt of replay when hitting Pause and R (Replay). Or is there another replay command button ??

XenonS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 08:36PM by XenonS.
Date: September 10, 2016 08:46PM
Just checked my 2002 non CSM mod. I do not have that issue.

To use f5 feature. Drive a couple of laps. Pause and hit replay. Now press f5. You should be able watch your full replay.

If that doesn't work, replace your gp4 exe. I have tried to replicate your problem in 3 of my non CSM mod to no avail. Wish I could be more helpful.

Glenn (Cdn)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 08:52PM by gap177.
Date: September 10, 2016 09:00PM
Glenn,
I just figured it out: fast forward/fast back is used AFTER the R command ;-) I didn't know that because I never used it, I only used the R command alone. To see more clearly, I have just started the CSM mod 1991 and it works perfectly there. In the options my settings are 24 minutes (set by me) and that's what I get , if I hit the re-start (F1 or F2, I don't know), then I find myself in the pits again and still in replay mode. So it works in 1991 mod. I will try it now in my 2002 mod, maybe it's only the display time in the options which is wrong.

I think for viewing the replay commands it's in GPxPatch somewhere, right?
The problem is in my CSM beta version there is the possibility to change to a GPxPatch tab (the 3rd tab from above), but it's broken: what you see doesn't corrispond, in the Laps section the 'Hide Replay' is un-checked, yet I don't see any replay commands.

XenonS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 09:07PM by XenonS.
Date: September 10, 2016 09:21PM
Actually it is a feature in original game. I believe you can change the gpxlap.ini file.

Glenn (Cdn)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 09:26PM by gap177.
Date: September 10, 2016 09:26PM
I think I better re-read this manual, after some 10 years...;-) Thanks Glenn, I think this is resolved!

XenonS
Date: September 10, 2016 09:32PM
LOL, yeah I had to do the same. I stopped playing gp4 in 2010 and came back to it last year. Still a great game. Made even better by the guys who create all the cars tracks etc. Kudos to them. How are you making your non CSM mods. Is it possible to use CSM? I make mine from scratch. Copy and paste gp4 folder into Infogrames folder, rename it to gp4-2016 for example. Then d/l cars etc and install them manually into the game. I just use CSM to unpack the mods. I used CSM but I believe it to be buggy. Lots of ctd. I don't have this problem when I use non-csm mods.

Glenn

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 09:37PM by gap177.
Date: September 10, 2016 09:41PM
My non-CSM mods? Well I found out the trick:
It's as I stated in my post about transforming CSM to non-CSM , but: you have to intercept the GP4Tweak.bin file, if you don't copy this one the game will or crash or show weird grafic anomalies (helmet posibions wrong, wrong cockpit instrument placements, etc.).
What's amusing is: you have only about 5-10 seconds to go to your folder and copy/paste this file, wait longer and it's impossible to copy because Windows will not allow it saying GP4 is in usage , so you have to be quick ;-(

But to get this GP4tweak.bin, you can: go in the CSM mod, in the Data\Tweak folder, copy everything to your non-csm mod folder (after my ALT-TAB / copy trick in my post), then put it in your main dir (incl. the Sprite folder). Then ask CSM to build a CSM mod by pointing to your non-CSM folder. It will build the gp4tweak.bin file from the data. Take it and you can delete the built.
I have tested this with the 1991 mod, it works cheerfully.

XenonS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2016 09:48PM by XenonS.
Date: September 10, 2016 09:52PM
Yeah, that is interesting. Didn't know that was possible. I will continue doing it the old fashion way.

Did you d/l the link I sent you via PM? I'm at the farm with no Internet service so I can't check. Using my phone.

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: September 10, 2016 10:14PM
The link? Humm...no, because of 4Shared...Can say no more here...
The good news: Plodekk was very kind and has given alternate links for the most important trackpacks and mods... It's here:

[www.grandprixgames.org]

XenonS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy