PROBLEM WITH ZAZ AND TSM

Posted by DAMON96 
PROBLEM WITH ZAZ AND TSM
Date: May 11, 2016 09:24PM
Posted by: DAMON96
Hi!!!..I have this problem in CSM, when it starts to load the TSM..it sends "Corrupted language file, it could be that the mod contains its own string files..."

And then it crashed and this is the log...

[pastebin.com]

This is started to happen when I was loading the mod to play and the power went down...
Re: PROBLEM WITH ZAZ AND TSM
Date: May 11, 2016 09:33PM
Posted by: Foreverk
It´s related to the .str files, look for .str files inside the mod, delete or move them somewhere else, then try using the mod again, it should work, anyway you might ask petrus as he is the man if you want to know about gpaedia and menus (.str files are the menus I guess, so there´s a english.str, español.str, etc. files)
Date: May 12, 2016 01:38AM
And when it's loading TSM...it says this:Host:
GP4LIB 0.8.108
Caller: GP4LIB
Procedure: modTracks SetTracks
Date: 11/05/2016
Time: 20:27:58
Can't finish procedure
Line: 21
Source: TSMCore

Os Info:
Unknown OS Version 6.2

6.2 b 9200

Español (España, internacional) (Spanish)
Date: May 12, 2016 01:46AM
I can't find those files in any mod...looks like a problem with TSM Core Never happened before, should I reinstalled the whole game?
Date: May 12, 2016 02:04AM
Strange, I don´t think you have to reinstall everything again... which mod is giving you that error? other mods work?
Date: May 12, 2016 02:11AM
Date: May 12, 2016 04:14AM
I don't know, I tried to re install the GPXpatch and CSM, and I cannot find thos files str...it looks like a problem in the GP4 library can't swap the files...
Date: May 12, 2016 05:28AM
DAMON96 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> This is started to happen when I was loading the
> mod to play and the power went down...

Sorry, my bad I didn´t read that the first time! you mean your PC turned off when you were loading a mod? If that´s the case, CSM didn´t restored the original files then maybe some files are missing (but they have to be in a folder inside the gpsaves/carsets directory, not sure of the folders name, swapbackup or something like that, but it have to be there with the files)
Date: May 12, 2016 06:25AM
Absolutely right...yes, so I will check that, is like something si missing...
Date: May 12, 2016 08:33PM
Still trying but no solution at all...still with that language thing...looks like those str files or the language folder is missing in the GP4 main folder

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2016 08:42PM by DAMON96.
Date: May 12, 2016 09:13PM
Do you have a folder in main GP4 dir called "ldata"? should contain these files:

If not, extract it in the main gp4 folder (these are the original ones) : ldata.rar and try to load any mod, and let´s see what happens... I know it´s a boring trial and error process but it happened to me more than once being loading a mod and my pc crash, so I had to "fight" with these CSM not restored files problem already
Date: May 12, 2016 09:28PM
Yes, I found those files in the GP4 main folder, but then???
Date: May 12, 2016 09:30PM
Try replacing them with the originals
Date: May 12, 2016 11:52PM
THANKS A LOT!! That's works...BUT, it crashes in the middle of the load screen... this is the log....

[pastebin.com]
Date: May 13, 2016 12:23AM
Mod 2005?
Date: May 13, 2016 12:33AM
I asked if was 2005 because the log file mentions:

Grand Prix 4\maps\melbourne2005\EnvFaceRIGHT.TGA
melbourne2005.wad
maps\melbourne2005\melbourne2005.env

So, or the track is crashing (for the size of the tga files) or as well there´s something missing (all related to the same, the crash without restoring)
Date: May 13, 2016 01:06AM
Yes,. but the 1993 mod crashed at the end of the loading screen, then the second time it worked...so I dont know...it's driving me crazy
Date: May 13, 2016 04:51AM
but with different trackpacks?
Date: May 13, 2016 05:42AM
Looks like the main problem is with 2005 that was the one I was loading when the computer turned it off
Date: May 13, 2016 06:06AM
That´s bad... not only some original files from the game but also some files of the tracks :-( I guess you´ll have to reinstall the game and CSM/GPxPatch... for the mods, except the 2005 that you´ll have to download and reinstall, save the gpsaves/carsets folder and copy somewhere else, and when you have installed CSM, copy it again in gpsaves, not much help but at least you won´t have to download the rest of the mods you had... Sorry but I think it´s the easiest and fastest way to get everything running fine again... other solution could be install other copy of GP4 and go checking file by file, but it´s a ballbre**ng thing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy