GP4 more stability and no more crashes with csm and win 7 and up

Posted by idplayer 
1. i read in many treads about instability and problems running the csm.exe and gp4.exe in combination with win 7 64bit and upwards

2. this is my working solution: the most important setting is to include csm.exe, gp4.exe and other related gp4 tools, running as exe, in the data execution prevention (DEP) in win7 64bit or higher - just google "Change Data Execution Prevention settings" and you are guided how to change this settings.
it also helps getting many other older games and progams, designed for win xp or older to run without crash.

3. another thing is software in background like antivirus software or other stuff running 32bit stuff in background sharing the same 4GB 32bit memory box with gp4. all this software can be a reason for instabilities especially if it tries randomly to get some display resources of the desktop (pop ups, all kinds of messages, etc) or it just uses (or occupies) a huge amount of this 4GB memory. just kill it with task manager and see if it helps. it helped me a lot getting gp4 and other older games (oblivion for example) to run stable.

just try it and give me your feedback

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2015 11:52PM by idplayer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy