question about track replacement.

Posted by Wolf. 
question about track replacement.
Date: August 27, 2013 09:41PM
Posted by: Wolf.
well, if i want to change a circuit, the folder, contains a file like; SL1CT1.DAT, which is melbourne, but what if i dont want it to replace melbourne but like; SL1CT12; Hockenheim? i dont know what tool to use, or what to do anyway.. D: I'm noob in track modding...

Thx~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2013 10:23PM by Wolf..
Re: question about track replacement.
Date: August 27, 2013 11:07PM
Posted by: mortal
The simplest way to change tracks now is with gpx, it has a track management tool built in. An alternative is to use TSM, part of CSM. Info in the FAQ on how to use TSM without using CSM.
To mod a track, ie; change data within the track, use GP4Builder.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: question about track replacement.
Date: August 28, 2013 01:42AM
Posted by: TomMK
I agree with mortal, the simplest way these days is to use GPxTrack (one of the tabs in GPxPatch).

Take the track you have downloaded, and place both the .dat and .wad files together into a new folder somewhere. If the downloaded track also contained a .gpi file (menu trackmap) and/or a .bmp file (loading screen), put those in the folder as well (but these are optional).

Now go to the GPxTrack tab, click Edit, and then in the box for Circuit 12 (or whatever) navigate to the .dat file in the folder you created.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy