Posted by b-tone 
Re: 1967
Date: November 10, 2003 01:53PM
Posted by: markko
Bloody hell fire. Nice job my friend. I was looking at the screenies with my jaw dropped.

Still is for that fact.

Date: November 10, 2003 01:56PM
Posted by: andrew_S
owen racing organisation should be brm btw, just noticed that

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: November 10, 2003 04:10PM
Posted by: b-tone
Its pretty hard to adapt GP4 accurately as there was 11 championship races and between 15 and 21 entrants at each one.
I've included the drivers for various reasons. the main teams are obvious but the 'extras' aren't 100% spot on.
ie. McLaren drove 3 times for Eagle and 6 for his own team, Bob Anderson was killed after silverstone, and Bandini at Monaco - his only race of 67.
Bandini's replacement, mike parkes, only raced twice before a bad accident at spa.
A note on safety in that era, 11 of these 22 died between 67 and the early 70s :(

This is the line up:

1 - Jack Brabham - AUS - Brabham Racing Organisation
2 - Denis Hulme - NZL - Brabham Racing Organisation
3 - Chris Amon - NZL - Scuderia Ferrari SEFAC
18 - Lorenzo Bandini - ITA - Scuderia Ferrari SEFAC
5 - Jim Clark - GBR - Team Lotus
6 - Graham Hill - GBR - Team Lotus
7 - Mike Spence - GBR - Owen Racing Organisation
8 - Jackie Stewart - GBR - Owen Racing Organisation
9 - Dan Gurney - USA - All American Racers
10 - Richie Ginther - USA - All American Racers
11 - Pedro Rodriguez - MEX - Cooper Car Company
12 - Jochen Rindt - AUT - Cooper Car Company
14 - John Surtees - GBR - Honda R and D Company
22 - Jean-Pierre Beltoise - FRA - Matra Sports
19 - Bruce McLaren - NZL - Bruce McLaren Motor Racing Ltd
20 - Jacky Ickx - BEL - Cooper Car Company
15 - Chris Irwin - GBR - Reg Parnell Racing Ltd
16 - Piers Courage - GBR - Reg Parnell Racing Ltd
34 - Jo Siffert - SUI - Rob Walker - Jack Durlacher Racing Team
39 - Joakim Bonnier - SWE - Joakim Bonnier Racing Team
17 - Bob Anderson - GBR - DW Racing Enterprises
32 - Guy Ligier - FRA - Privateer

And the approxiamate performance differences

poor guy ligier - he was 33 seconds off the pace at spa and 1:10 down at nurb.

And some pics of the cockpit i'm working on. Its based on Brabham with a lotus steering wheel.
note the slightly distorted, but realistic, 60s style mirror glass ;)

The cars and textures are done by the late Neil Bainbridge. As andrew says they are made for scgt, and I've converted them for gp4 and added some textures.
Release 2 will have some improvements on the cars and textures, but they are fine now and look great in game.

Before yous complain about tracks, I'm working on that. But theres no reason someone cant build a 60s track environment in 3dsmax, or edit as much as possible (track layout, cameras, etc etc) in Lo2k's 3D Editor - get a head start for when TEing is 100% possible!

To answer your questions:

when is the 88 mod coming.. ?

soon - i planning to make a release pretty soon.

How did you change the drivers stats like that Jackie Stewart one?

tricks of the trade ;)

Do they handle like '67 cars?

hopefully. i'm using a physics file that lets me drive half a lap sometimes without spinning - but i'm not very good. just needs some tweaks - but it'll handle more like 67 than 2001 anyway

owen racing organisation should be brm btw, just noticed that

yeah, they were brm but called owen if my research is right.
this is what i found on f1-facts.com (and other places):
1951: BRM Ltd
1954-1970: Owen Racing Organisation
1960: Arthur Owen
1970-1972: Yardley Team BRM
1972: Espana Marlboro BRM
1972: Austria Marlboro BRM
1972-1973: Marlboro BRM
1974: Team Motul BRM
1975-1977: Stanley BRM
1977: Rotary Watches Stanley BRM

the cars look a bit "squashed"

can you explain what you mean?

A month ago, I wanted to buy F1 grandprix legends... But with this mod, I think I'm not going to buy.

In which case your losing out ALOT then

well, at this stage this won't have online play, and i havent played gpl, so maybe it will challenge gpl?? who knows - but dont judge too early ;)

Also coming:
Detailed GPaedia
67 videos
somewhat re-done menus
music
track updates
(all made to be used with Carset Manager by Zaz, of course ;) )

well, feel free to post critiques, suggestions, praise, and be patient (although excel says its 90.2674772 percent done :) )

____
Tony

Date: November 10, 2003 04:35PM
Posted by: gav
I'll just say this to those that haven't played GPL:

If you can, get it, get the addons and patches, and there is no better motor racing simulation out there.

I'm impressed with that cockpit, b-tone :)
Date: November 10, 2003 04:49PM
yeah, i want to know how to get a round wheel

they were brm, always were and always have been, just that they were owned by sir alfred owen, for a lot of that time, trust me on that one.... :)

about tracks if its possable to create track objects for the 60s round a modern unchanged gp4 layout i may be interested...

Date: November 10, 2003 04:53PM
Posted by: metal-mike
I don't want to sound funny, but there is a perfectly good game available for simulating 60's F1, it has tracks and everything!

It's only a fiver, and you can play online, and the cars look better, and all the drivers are there, and there are hundreds of add-on tracks available, and the physics are probably better, and... :)

Post Edited (11-10-03 23:56)

mikehoyer80@hotmail.com
Date: November 10, 2003 04:58PM
Posted by: shmall
awesome work indeed.

However if you want the 67 season you would be best to look around for GPL.

With all the huge amounts of awesome addons, and amazing tracks nothing will compare (IMHO) :)

Simon.

plus amazing online racing with upto 20 other people :)

I look forward to later year models for GP4, 80's to early 90's :)

Post Edited (11-11-03 00:51)
Date: November 10, 2003 06:14PM
Posted by: Peter Dunham
b-tone , the modeling work looks ok , but after playing and Racing GPL online in leagues for for the last 5 years and seeing how far its come car wise with GPLEA's addons i cant see why honestly that 67 would be tryed for GP4 seeing as it would always fall short of the mark , however later seasons as the world of aero downforce was being discovered with wings would be better...

68 saw the first yet not very affective wings

Refuse to Lose
Date: November 10, 2003 07:11PM
Anything 1970 onward would be good, IMO. But GPL has the 67 season sewn up.

mikehoyer80@hotmail.com
Date: November 10, 2003 07:12PM
Anything 1970 onward would be good, IMO. But GPL has the 67 season sewn up.

mikehoyer80@hotmail.com
Date: November 11, 2003 02:44AM
hey? does it matter? plenty of people made 60s sets for GP3 (including me) it doesnt matter about GPL, for the fact that people can make what they want, really, just celebrate b-tones work for what it is and forget GPL.....

Date: November 11, 2003 03:18AM
Posted by: shmall
Hey we are just giving some feed back Andrew.
Anyone making a 1967 set are bound to be compared to GPL, as its the ultimate 1967 racing sim :)

His work is awesome, but as GPL simulates the 1967 season so well it does seem a total waste of his great modeling skill... :(
Would have been best to go for a 69-70 set I feel.... with wings

Just my feed back... :)

Simon.
Date: November 11, 2003 04:21AM
it does seem a total waste of his great modeling skill...

scgt conversions :-/ anyway, encouragement it does not seem....

Date: November 11, 2003 05:12AM
Posted by: b-tone
thanks for the encouraging words andrew and others :)
as i said the cars are not by me, but have been converted from another game. but a lot of work has gone into this none the less - all the teamarts, loading pictures, perf, physics, gpaedia etc are my work and i hope some can look past the cars and see everything else.
doing this is good for me to learn 3d modelling, graphics, a little programming and even some f1 history, so atleast i gain something from it.

personally i'm not overly fussy on carshapes, so i havent spent too much time on them. i converted them quickly, and will tweak them a bit later on, but for now they're fine.

of course i should have mentioned that no one will be forced to download this.
if you're happy with gpl then go play it. I'm sure some will download this
and be happy with it - i am.

this is my 3rd full mod, and i'll probably do more, but it is a lot of work, and getting negative feedback will only make me think twice before i start the next one.
i'd like to have every f1 set since 1950 (and earlier), so anything is a start. these carshapes were already made and available to me so having the cars and textures is a pretty good base to build a full mod.

where would we be now if geoff crammond had walked out of his chippie thinking that pole position is a great f1 sim and impossible to improve on???
those screens from gpl look great - the cars look quite high detailed.
the mod i'm working on should work on most pcs as the carshapes are all quite low poly.

as for brm, i've always known them as that, just as i think of kimi's current team as 'mclaren' and not 'team west mclaren mercedes' or whatever. just a question of accuracy i guess.

____
Tony

Date: November 11, 2003 05:18AM
Posted by: ralphi
and getting negative feedback will only make me think twice before i start the next one.

negative feedback?? i haven't seen any.. i personaly think the stuff you do is wasome.. i mean the ITC mod was and is fantastic.. I will probably be one of the first guys who will download the new mod.. i have gpl with all the update but i don't see a reason why i shouldn't download this..

Date: November 11, 2003 05:24AM
Posted by: quickslick
i would download this wonderful mod just in time, if it is available. For me i can say it's a really great job.
Date: November 11, 2003 09:15AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Fantastic stuff b-tone keep up the good work.

Dont worry about the peeps saying that gpl is better blah blah blah, it shows ur talent that they are comparing it to gpl! + i dont think its really -ve feedback

Anyway cant wait for this or the other 80s mod :)

good luck

Date: November 11, 2003 09:40AM
Posted by: Covfan
b-tone: Ignore the people who are critising/going to critise, for one person who critises, there are ten people you will never hear from because they are enjoying the mod so much.
Date: November 11, 2003 09:51AM
Posted by: LS.
fantastic work!!!!!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 11, 2003 10:10AM
Posted by: sasjag
as much as i love playing GPL, it wil be nice to play 1967 when i don't have to concentrate every goddamn second to keep on track :P

altho, by the sounds of the physics, i may have to :P

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy