Posted by gildoorf 
F1 virtual Statement
Date: May 08, 2012 03:01AM
Posted by: gildoorf
2012 1st F1 virtual Overall Statement

1. To make a good track is a huge task;
2. To make a good track takes a lot of time and patience;
3. To make it good and alone is barely impossible;
4. To know everything related to track making is senseless.

Once said, despite Laurent recent joining, and after painful Paulo´s loss, it´s dramatically necessary to fill up some production voids to get F1 virtual tracks accomplished for a decent release. Which means, we need talents for:

1. Magic data for dat files;
2. .gp4 development for wet conditions;
3. CC line developer;
4. .gp4 3d single objects (.gp4 + tga files)

All production line will be ruled by Gildoorf Rozencrantz, who you keep and share official files for developers.

If there´s anyone interested to gather efforts to our team, please send a small resume to gildoorf@hotmail.com or feel free to suggest any modder you think that would be qualified for high quality job.

This routine won´t be necessary to current F1 virtual members.

Thanks for attention.

We want new tracks, and 2012 won´t wait anymore.

Re: F1 virtual Statement
Date: May 08, 2012 11:23AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I can do magic data and cc-lines, but I don't know if I am that well qualified in F1 virtual's eyes.

What are the works exactly regarding ".gp4 development for wet conditions"?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: May 08, 2012 02:48PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are the works exactly regarding ".gp4
> development for wet conditions"?

That's for when we sit in the bath with the laptop ;)

F1Dev
Date: May 08, 2012 03:06PM
In details:

1. gp4 development for wet conditions: create reflected objects for rails, tyrewalls, fences, closer landscape, trees. It´s a huge task and almost every track of mine is not properly done.

My idea is to start cooperation routines with a fictional track. BOROMO Superveloz will be the one. Please Turbo Lover send me a mail so I´ll feedback you with dat file attached for magic and CC line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2012 03:09PM by gildoorf.
Date: May 08, 2012 03:29PM
There´s a detailed to-do list made by Paulo to put a WIP together for releasing. This is the sort of task wanted for F1 virtual tracks.

PHYSICS
1. Check cc-cars correct behavior
1.1. Analyse cc-line: follow cc-cars onboard and see if their acceleration/braking/turning patterns are realistic, e.g. no braking mid-corner. Fix: redo cc-line
1.2. Check cc-cars behavior in the pitlane. Check all pitlane flags.
1.2.1 Pit entry: cars must not brake suddenly and leave normal line smoothly. Fix: change line 67 (sectors to pit in 1) in magic data
1.2.2 Pit exit: cars must return to the normal line smoothly and must not cross the white line. Fix: change line 68 (sectors to pit in 2) in magic data. Do not create additional pitlane sectors to make cars follow the white line. Draw the white line with jipmapping in the track sectors.
1.2.3. Check cc-cars pit stops. During race cars must enter and leave pit stops normally. Fix: make sure first pitlane sector is perfectly aligned with nearest track sector (the one with flag 86 - Connect Pit Lane Start)
2. Check correct surface behaviors. Fix: use GP4Builder's search feature to assign behaviors by texture. Make sure all driveable (and crashable) surfaces and walls are TRACK_ class. Then create .col from .gp4.
2.1. Check if all kerbs have the "Kerb" checkbox correctly assigned in the .dat file. Also, for compound kerbs (kerbs with complex sections graphically - like Sakhir) make sure that the most relevant section is represented correctly in the .dat file.
3. Check for unwanted bumps in run-off areas. Fix: remove any sudden changes (height or angle) in track banks.
4. Check if physical and graphical track limits are the same, e.g. if tyrewalls or other objects that change track limits are correcly represented in the .dat file. There must be no objects of this kind that can be driven through.

GRAPHICS
1. Check track for unwanted visual bugs.
1.1. Flickering objects. Fix: object-dependant, most likely caused by the object behind (incorrect materials, faces creation or both) or could have no fix at all. Also varies by graphic card.
1.2. Disappearing objects. Fix: check drawing distance. If it happens only when viewed by one side, check materials and faces creation.
1.3. Dark objects. Fix: check normals and reverse if necessary.
1.4. Overlapping objects. Often caused by large objects e.g. very long fences or objects that have parts distant from each other. Fix: split object into smaller, more localized objects.
1.5. Missing objects: objects that do not appear at all depending on race session and graphic settings. Fix: correct object classes
1.6. Missing or incorrect reflections on wet tarmac. Fix: correctly use flag 0 (reflects) or 64 (doesn't reflect) and create relative REFLECT_ object if necessary (for walls).
2. Repeat item 1. in various settings.
2.1. Different game sessions: practice, qualifying and race
2.2. Different weather settings: dry and wet
2.3. Different graphics settings.
2.3.1. Object rendering: all objects, trackside objects, no objects
2.3.2. Advanced lightning on, renedering maps: static and dynamic
2.3.3. Reflections low (on wet sessions: reflection bugs are harder to see with reflections on high setting)
2.4. Different camera angles: cockpit, onboard, tv cameras, chase, rear chase.
2.5. Difficulty settings: rookie (for bestline check)
3. Check .tex files transparency settings

MISC
1. Check magic data (this could be a very long description so I'll write about it later).
2. Check starting lights position (with TSM only)
3. Prepare loading screen (.bmp), menu trackmap (.gpi)
4. Write readme!

Date: May 08, 2012 07:07PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
The lighting looks incredible! :O
Date: May 09, 2012 01:54AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
I suggest cleberpister.

P.S: I don't forget the helmet Cléber, I just have no time yet... :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: May 09, 2012 01:37PM
Posted by: hasbriale
BOROMO Superveloz :-o (Y)
Date: May 10, 2012 03:13AM
Posted by: auscain
gildoorf: your message is not lost. I will contact you as many others should also.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy