Comming back to GP4 - Help required please

Posted by Lee 
Comming back to GP4 - Help required please
Date: March 05, 2010 09:35PM
Posted by: Lee
After unsucessfully trying to get GP4 to work as well under Vista as it did with XP, I pretty much gave up on it nearly 3 years ago.

Having switched to Windows 7- 64 bit, it seems to work well & my interest has been rekindled.

I have installed the origional game, pached it, installed the latest GPxPatch & set up my wheel & everything appears fine at the moment. I have made a copy of this working GP4 folder & put a copy of my last used version of GP4 which I had manually updated to the 2005 season with the correct cars, updated tracks & better steering wheel, cockpit & tyres etc. I used this with Tweaker & a couple of other utilities.

Before messing up what I have now got working with Windows 7 I would like some help with a couple of issues:-

1 My pitcrew dissapeared from my 2005 version of the game. I clearly moved or deleted a file in error. How can I get them back?

2 Does Tweaker work OK under Windows 7? I never had problems with it under XP.

3 I always felt the best Tweaker feature was the tweak to get my FF wheel to simulate hitting the kerbs. This made the whole driving experience far more realistic as far as I am concerned. I could not get this feature to work under Vista. From memory it used a .dll file in the system 32 directory. Has anyone got it working in Windows 7, & if so, where does the .dll file go?

4 Do most of the other utilities that worked in XP work with Windows 7? i.e. CSM, Wadupdater, Easywad etc

5 There used to be a full explanation of what all the setting in the grapghics file mean somewhere but I can't find it. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Hope someone out there can help me as I am keen to get everything working to my satisfaction because the modded game looks so much better than the standard one & then I can start to bring my 2005 version up to date.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Regards,

Lee
Re: Comming back to GP4 - Help required please
Date: March 05, 2010 10:32PM
Posted by: celinho
Hello LEE!
Let's see if I help a little ....
After you have installed GP4 Original, the first copy, if you want to change it, is to make a copy.
Create a folder unique to this copy on your hard drive.
After that you return the original gp4.exe by Gp4.exe (9.6, 1.00 or 1.02)
See if the GP4 copy this worked well.
It will calibrate the graphics.
Install after the GpxPatch 3.93 (or any of the foregoing);
Check again if everything is ok again.
If everything is ok, so you install CSM.

Reply:

1 - If possible reinstall MOD 2005, after following my instructions above. Remembering a very important thing, all the original directory Grand Prix, the GP4 can not be modified using the CSM.

2 - I have no problem at all.

3 - I owe this answer .....

4 - Yes probably, just follow the instructions I wrote above.

5 - Please see if this link can help you: [www.grandprixgames.org], 802,654, page = 1

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: March 05, 2010 10:34PM
Posted by: celinho
This other link can also assist you much:
[url=http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?4, 269,933]Check this out :-)[/url]

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 11:51PM by mortal.
Date: March 06, 2010 12:09AM
Posted by: Excalibur
No problem for me with Tweaker, TeamEditor, TSM (I don't use CSM for the moment), Slimtex, wadupdater, Zmodeler, GP4Builder and all LO2k tools... (Win7 64bits)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: March 06, 2010 12:55AM
Posted by: FilipKaraburma
Hello,since i have some problems with GP4 and some of utilities,i wanted to ask for help (I'm also using Windows 7 64-bit),and i felt it was stupid to open new thread just for it,since i can ask here,hope you don't mind Lee.
I've downloaded Tony's Empty mod 2009.And when i open CSM i get a message "Not enough access rights on disk.If you are running Windows Vista,make sure you grant administrator rights to the executable.Right click on the exe file and go to properties.Then select run as administrator",but the problem is that i'm actually opening CSM as ADMIN.I just don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance
Date: March 06, 2010 04:46AM
Posted by: mortal
You should read the FAQ! Pinned topic. That's what it's for, seek and ye shall find!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 06, 2010 11:27AM
Thanks for your help so far.

My 2005 folder was manually set up, I didn't use CSM. That is probably how my pit crew vanished. I either deleted them in error or misplaced the required file(s). What files are required & where do they go?

I still need an answer to my question 3. Does no one else use this effect or feel it does not enhance the driving experience?

Also, is anyone able to answer my question 5. I have searched the forum but can't find the answer I am looking for. As I use a high res. monitor I have had to set the graphics file manually (to 1680x1050) & this means (as far as I can see) I can't alter other graphics using the in game menus. I would like to be able to control & amend all the settings myself as my current computer is far more powerfull than the last one I ran GP4 on so I should be able to run everything maxed out if I want to.

By the way, what exactly is 'bump mapping'? I don't remember ever hearing a proper answer to this question in the past. Does it enhance the driving experience when using a FF wheel?

Sorry for all the questions but I am keen to get my knowledge level back to where it was 3 years ago so I can then move forward & bring the sim up to 2010 levels as & when new updates appear for the comming season.

Look forward to hearing more from you all, thanks again.
Date: March 06, 2010 11:50AM
Posted by: Willb
Lee, great to see you again :).

Regarding 3, you need to place GP4Tweak.dll in the System32 & and Syswow64 directories :).

Maybe I could use your amazing screenshot abilities again soon, see here :)!

Thanks mate,
Regards,
Willb

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: March 06, 2010 01:17PM
Posted by: FilipKaraburma
Mortal,i've already checked link for "CSM & Vista, setting UAC privileges" in FAQ,
but it's not working,so that's why i posted here.To see if some of you guys knows the solution for this problems.
Date: March 07, 2010 03:30PM
Posted by: quickslick
hi Lee, here's the f1graphics tutorial [www.mediafire.com] it's originally written from Ivan Marinelli and posted by another guy on racingsimulation
Date: March 07, 2010 04:58PM
Thanks Quickslip,

From memory, this is what I was looking for.

Looking forward to doing some fine tuning.
Date: March 07, 2010 05:04PM
Posted by: quickslick
your welcome :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy