Changing engine sound in a CSM mod

Posted by sonofjorel88 
Changing engine sound in a CSM mod
Date: December 28, 2009 01:56AM
Posted by: sonofjorel88
I am trying to replace the engine sounds in the gp4italia 2006 mod. I have tried to disable them in GPX and also tried replacing the files. I.e samples, sounds and .wav files with no joy.

I have even tried the originals but it always seams to over ride them. Is there something I'm missing.

I have only just started using CSM as it would not work on my Vista, but I can confirm GP4 and CSM work on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2009 03:20AM by mortal.
Re: Sound in CSM
Date: December 28, 2009 02:14AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Do you need to changes car sounds ou music for the menus?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Re: Sound in CSM
Date: December 28, 2009 03:19AM
Posted by: mortal
Open the italia mod, find the existing sounds, back up first, then overwrite them with your new sounds, check the filenames. There should also be an ini file that relates to the italia engine mod sounds, that is what is loading the italia mod engine sounds, find that and edit it [filenames/path etc.] to suit.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2009 03:21AM by mortal.
Re: Changing engine sound in a CSM mod
Date: December 28, 2009 04:15AM
Thanks mortal and this will sound dumb, but as I said I haven't used CSM before and as far as I can see the mod files can only be opened with CSM. How am I suppose to open the chu. file?
Date: December 28, 2009 04:33AM
As simple as double click on it eh!? Thanks guys laters ;)
Date: December 28, 2009 07:35AM
Posted by: mortal
When the mod is installed, the directories can be found in the GPSAVES dir.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy