Problem With GP4 :-(

Posted by covlad08 
Problem With GP4 :-(
Date: April 07, 2008 06:35PM
Posted by: covlad08
Hi peeps

after playing gp4 for years i uninstalled it then the other day i had the urge so reinsalled it. I have lost the patch that came with the game but statrted it up anyway and it came up with a black screen and the noise was in the background but no picture? and now i have discovered all the wonderful add ons that are available and really want to play it now. Any ideas what it is? what screen resolution should it be? please help.

thanks

luke
Re: Problem With GP4 :-(
Date: April 07, 2008 07:08PM
Posted by: Nickv
Did you try reinstalling again?

As for the screen resolution, it depends on what video card you have.
Date: April 07, 2008 07:26PM
Yer i did and have done it about 3 times now but still it does the same. i can hear it but no picture.. grrrrrr. any ideas?
Date: April 07, 2008 07:35PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
can you write in here what pc you have ?
Date: April 07, 2008 07:47PM
i have a fujitsu siemans scaleo 600
512 of ram
2.17 Gh'z
preety fast
can run most games.
not the most braniest of cpu peeps as u can probs tell sorry
Date: April 07, 2008 07:55PM
if you have a black screen ingame there must be something wrong with your graphic settings/card. Did you install the latest drivers for your video card ? What is the max resolution your computer can handle 1024*768 ?
Date: April 07, 2008 08:38PM
Posted by: aagancia
were you able to run GP4 on this system before? Just wondering if you were using a different PC a few years back.

Anyway, as mentioned above check your video card drivers first. Try the latest drivers. What's your video card?

If it does not work, try setting your f1graphics.cfg to 800x600. It might work on lower resolutions.

Also try to find some drivers for your monitor. But some monitor manufacturers do not provide any drivers at all.

I know this is rare but, some monitors need to have it's manufacturer's driver to run some games. For some reason, there are monitors that gets some messed up frequency ranges depending on monitor and video card combinations resulting to blank screens.
Date: April 07, 2008 09:53PM
my resolution can go to 1280 x 1024

since you said that i have had a new monitor and havent used it since actually. Its the same computer but a different monitor thats all. And my graphics card is a sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis i think. not sure if that helps. How would i update my drivers then? sorry to be a pain
Date: April 07, 2008 10:26PM
i jus installed it and it works. you guys are amazing now i jus need to update it all:) thanks alot guys your amazing
Date: April 08, 2008 07:37AM
your welcome mate, have fun with the best f1 simulator !
Date: April 08, 2008 08:18AM
Posted by: aagancia
great to know your up and running. :) what exactly made it work?
Date: April 08, 2008 08:38AM
updating his drivers of the video card :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy