Physics... is the handling dated? Can the FFB be improved?

Posted by salvasirignano 
Hi guys,

Let me start by saying I have loved GP4 for the past 15 years or more, I have built tracks for it, enjoyed other people's amazing mods and have posted over 1000 times in this great community.

GP4 for me is still the best all round, race weekend experience: unrivalled AI, wet weather, pit strategies, and for me it still looks pretty with all the amazing masterpieces being made to drive and drive around.

The thing is though, I've been playing a fair bit of AMS1 recently in VR (recommended!) but trying to come back to actually driving GP4 after a while away... left me feeling a bit disconnected.

The force feedback doesn't really tell anything about what the tyres are doing, which makes it hard to feel the car on the edge. (I have made the tyres a bit more forgiving in GP4 Physics editor)
The only ffb adjustments seem to affect the global strength, is there anything I'm missing?

Are there any other physics parameters that could be adjusted apart from the ones in the editor, or anything that could help bring the driving towards more modern sims? (like RBR and GPL have had new tyre models/physics overhauls.)

Not many people here talk about tyres, how deep does GP4's tyre model go with regard to temperatures, flex etc?

Thanks for any suggestions!

I ask not to stir or criticise, GP4 holds a special place in my heart and HDD, I just want to get back into it!

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2023 06:45PM by salvasirignano.
Please check this thread: [www.grandprixgames.org]

Regarding tyres for example there are dozens of unknown parameters hidden in the GP4.exe.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Prblanco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please check this thread:
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
>
> Regarding tyres for example there are dozens of
> unknown parameters hidden in the GP4.exe.

Thanks for your reply!
What a shame that is, all those unknown parameters...
Amazing things have been learnt through the magic data, but the tyres will be much more difficult to decipher I imagine...

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Do you use gp4 tweaker in conjunction with the standard installation of gp4?

proteincurly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you use gp4 tweaker in conjunction with the
> standard installation of gp4?
>
> slope game

Yes of course!

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy