Sauber C21 (2002) Season Pack by Lee, SkaningeN & Fongu *Released*

Posted by SkaaningeN 
Sauber Petronas C21 Season Package by Lee, SkaningeN & Fongu
----------------------------------------------------
This is a full season package for the '02 Sauber. It contains 8 versions of the car with
some updates to get the shape correct for certain races. Includes all liverys from 2002.
This is the last missing car you need in your 2002 mod.
---------------------------------------------------
INFO:
---------------------------------------------------
This car was converted from my F1 Challenge 99-02 game for GP4 by Lee many years ago, I provided the car
from F1C and Lee did the everything else and then we shared it. It was really never touched after that, until now.
The quality of the shape is not very high in todays standards, it's quite low poly and the textures are not nearly the quality
it could be. However, atleast the textures are 2048x2048 which the was not the case with the Jaguar.
The quality of the texture is not that good however, and would need a total repaint if you want better quality.
I have however updated all sponsor logos so it looks a little sharper.
You would think that the car would be a needle in the eye compared to all those great cars by Soulbringer & Kedy for the same
season but with Hega's tyres and helmets, it does not look half bad. But you should know, if this was Soulbringer & Kedy's
C21, the quality would be 1000 times better. However, as far as I know, this is the best alternative we have at the moment.
--------------------------------------------------
What has changed since first release:
--------------------------------------------------
* All the F1C cars had 18 additional textures mapped to it in order to make it work. That was a pain!
Thankfully, Fongu helped me bring all those textures down to only 4! So instead of 18 extra textures,
the car only need 4 now. Yay!

* I've reworked the alpha layers so they are almost completly new

* All logos for the liverys have been updated with highres logos to up the quality of the textures a bit
Also modified the paintjob on the sidepods to look a little better. Not perfect though.

* I've fixed the mapping on the front wing were a white stripe was visable on the very front. This should be blue and now fixed

* I've created a proper car2

* I've added all missing liverys used during the 2002 season

* Fongu has created the Montreal-Spa-Monza-Indianapolis-Suzuka version of the nose, nose assembly and front wing.
Remember, these versions use modified textures for the front wing and textures will not fit with the regular shape.

* Using Fongu's version, I have been able to make medium drag rear wing shapes for Montreal and Indianapolis and
low drag rear wing shape for Monza.

* Fongu pointed out that the original car was not straight, so I have rotated it back to a straight position. Atleast according
to my eyes.
------------------------------------------------
Preview:

Big Thanks to:
- Lee, for helping me convert the car to GP4 all those years ago. Legend!
- Fongu, for helping me tidy up the shape and minimize the amount of textures. Also creating the missing nose version of the car. Legend!
- Quickslick, for testing the car. Legend!
What happens now?
This car is mainly a help to complete your 2002 mod. If there is anyone out there that would like to improve the quality
of the shapes and textures, feel free to do so. If you decide to share that with anyone, go ahead. Just make sure
that proper credit is being added to your release.
DL Link: [www.mediafire.com]

I'll end this novel with a line that Lee used to say: "If you don't like it, don't use it!"

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
thank you very much for the great awaiting Sauber package:-)(Y)
Thank you a lot!
Great Sauber and great teamwork.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Thanks for your dedication to this, glad to be of help, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the release great job again, do you have the tweaker settings:)?..Thanks
Superb Sauber package! Thank all you guys!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
here are the tweaker settings for Sauber [www.mediafire.com]
That's fantastic!

X (@ed24f1)
quickslick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> here are the tweaker settings for Sauber
> [www.mediafire.com]
> ber.zip/file

Thanks Jurgen:)
Beautiful pack Eric and Kev, thank you for sharing!

Thanks a lot !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy