A little help please

Posted by viking75 
A little help please
Date: June 17, 2022 06:48PM
Posted by: viking75
I began a few weeks ago to learn by myself to create a dat file for not to take the ones of some of you. I want to do Côte d'Azur, like in project car 2 that begins in Monaco, as you see in my shots, and goes to Nice and italian border. I know that in a second time I will must modify the cc line, but first I have a problem I can't solve since the beginning of my work. As you see on the third screnshot the sector doesn't follow the finish line. I try to understand which value I must use with the tools at the left to fix it, it's a question of exact elevation and I can't do nothing. Please, is someone to tell me what I have to do exactly ? Thank you so much.

Re: A little help please
Date: June 18, 2022 03:03AM
Posted by: AustinF1
Circuit looks very interesting. Wish I could help but I'm no good at CAD design.
Date: June 18, 2022 09:11AM
I'm not good too but I try my best to learn by myself and it's very difficult. I created this layout again and again and I failed again and again. I am going to begin again till the two last sectors will be correctly together. I think this track can be amazing. Thanks for your answer. ;-)
Date: June 18, 2022 09:49AM
Posted by: jimbob1
can you send me the dat file & i will take a look. and will tell you how to do this
Date: June 18, 2022 10:30AM
Thank you jimbob, I'm interested to know how to do it and I'll send you the file. I thought of something else last night, maybe it would be better if I did the layout on the other side to already have the junction with the pits and the finish line, because it's still too difficult for me to make the junctions, which does not prevent that I am interested in your help about the dat on the screenshot above. Also, I don't forget that I will have to do the cc line afterwards. Thanks again ! (Google Translate)

[www.mediafire.com]
Date: June 22, 2022 01:23PM
Hello again

My purpose is to create a large addition to Monaco all around the sea but to do a new test I did just a little layout for now. For the first time all was ok with the onboard camera, but unfortunately the dat crashes in the game. Is someone can tell me why ? Is it because I did not do yet the cc line ? The add begins at the chicane after the tunnel and finishes à La Rascasse.

Date: June 22, 2022 02:12PM
Posted by: Prblanco
If the old cc-line is still on your .dat, then you must delete the sections that conflict with the new part of the track.

If you have deleted the cc-line already, then it's something else that's causing your track to crash. Check the Track Flags List window (Tools menu) for possible errors.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: June 22, 2022 02:45PM
Yes, prblanco, the old cc line is still here, I just hidden it to work easily. I'm going to delete and try if it works. Many thanks !
Date: June 22, 2022 03:44PM
Now it works, thanks again. It's strange cause the track flags list shows me many errors about missing kerbs description but it works (Y) Of course, for this moment it's difficult to drive well cause I must do the cc line and the tarmac (and cameras too). It will be other new steps for me and I think the most difficult comes now. Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy