Disable pit animation

Posted by firebreather 
Disable pit animation
Date: April 14, 2022 06:32PM
Posted by: firebreather
Is there a way to disable the pit stop wheel changing animation? I haven't got a problem with the animation itself, it's a bit naff, but fine for 2004... But if you happen to come into the pits on the same lap as your teammate, or if you want to double stack the pit, a process which should only add on a few extra seconds to your pitstop ends up adding an extra 40 seconds whilst all the mechanics pack up their things and slowly trundle back into the garage for a cuppa before eventually emerging with some tyres with your name on them. That's a bit annoying - especially if it starts raining and you're behind your teammate.
Re: Disable pit animation
Date: April 15, 2022 12:01AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I dont think so.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: April 15, 2022 03:12PM
Posted by: Öggo
Animations are managed by a quite complex file tree structure within anim.wad. You have main file that lists all the other files (animsetup.set), a main scene script normalchange.ssc, a set of events (pc00.evt, pc01.evt, etc.) that call individual animation scripts for each pitcrew member, with these scripts then calling the actual animations for pitcrews and props. The scripts are all text files, with what I believe are time delays. The animation files are binary files, much more difficult to properly edit. As far as I can remember, the overall tyre change time is not controlled only by the animation though. I know32BOBO32 did quite a bit of testing about this some time ago, maybe he'll have some more info

Date: April 16, 2022 07:21PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
From what i understood the animation timing present in scripts set only some internal variable status (i.e front wheel removed and so on) but the graphic animation timing is set in the binary animation files (and not editable atm). You can set all the scripts times to 0 and the game will consider the tyres change as completed but the car release animation will follow only when the tyres change animation is completed.

Samuele
32BOBO32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2022 09:37AM by 32BOBO32.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy