Steering wheel for GP4

Posted by Luis_Bcn 
Steering wheel for GP4
Date: March 15, 2022 08:50PM
Posted by: Luis_Bcn
Hello,

I used to play GP to GP4 a lot of years ago. Now I want to recall those times and I’m thinking about buying a used steering wheel. Nothing sofisticated. I would like to spend about 50€ and in the future, if I have time to play, something better.
The question: do I have to take something into consideration when buying the steering wheel, or would any (for PC, obviously) work with GP4? And not only talking about GP4, but also other games (e.g. Collin McRae).
In this first step, I’m talking only about the wheel working properly. Not about looking for the best gaming experience. I don’t expect miracles for 50€.

Thank you!

Vielen Dank aus Barcelona!

Luis
Re: Steering wheel for GP4
Date: March 18, 2022 10:40AM
Posted by: zifox
I don't know the prices, but I have a G27 which works perfectly. It's an old model, you should be able to find one for less than 100€. The G25 is ok too, but the FFB isn't as smooth.
Usable with all kind of games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2022 10:41AM by zifox.
Date: March 18, 2022 09:13PM
Thank you for your help!
Date: March 20, 2022 04:47AM
Posted by: F1Classicfan
I've been using the Logitech Momo wheel for several years. It doesn't have the degree of rotation or as good a force feedback as some of the newer wheels, but it's a classic and I've never had any problems with it. It's a slightly smaller diameter wheel than the later Logitech or Thrustmaster wheels, I think it's only about 10 inches across, but personally I love that it's very reminiscent of the steering wheels used in the 1980's and early 1990's, plus it gives you the option to use paddles or a manual stick shift to change gears that can be mounted on either side of the wheel. You can still find some on eBay and other similar sites that are only slightly used at quite a reasonable price.

Good luck in your search!
Date: March 24, 2022 09:15AM
Posted by: fongu
I have a logitech driving force gt which I picked up second hand very cheaply, works fine for me.

Date: March 24, 2022 01:00PM
Posted by: JCaranti
fongu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a logitech driving force gt which I picked
> up second hand very cheaply, works fine for me.

Hi Kev, that was my very first wheel i bought in 2005, i switched from keyboard to this.
Its a great wheel to start and is cheap.

In 2009 i bought a Logitech Momo, better FF than previous and its harder to get used to driving with it
because the setups are different from both wheels.

In 2012 i bougth a Logitech G27 and its my current wheel. Pedals and FF are a massive step forward compared to the previous 2 wheels.
Its worth every penny.

I have tried the Logitech G29 and the new 923. Their isnt much difference for Gp4. Only more buttons and softer brake pedal in case of the 923
but thats about it. If you have a G27 its not worth the update but if you switched from a Momo or the Logitech driving forece gt yes do it without doubt.

Kind regards
Jorge.

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Date: March 27, 2022 07:47PM
Hello,

tomorrow I'm going to pick up a second hand G25 which seems to be in good condition. I'll let you know. Thank you for all your comments!

Luis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy