Hello friends.

Here is the setup i am using for Yas marina.
I post this because i know its going to be very tricky to find a good setup
and adapt it to work.

Car #2, driven by jorge (ferrari - ferrari)
Power: 855 BHP, weight 611 kg, fuel laps: 2.1
Lap time: 1:26.795 (split1 0:15.759, split2 0:53.137)

Setup:
Wings: 16 front ,12 rear
BREAKES R43.250:56.750F
Gears: 25,31,37,42,47,52,57

init, car, damage, cc checksum: fc7160b0, 00000000, 6015de08, 928cee6c

Custom track 5: 'Yas Marina'
checksum 0d8a5d8b
Frame rate: 60.0 FPS

I hope it helps.

Kind regards
Jorge.

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Thank Jorge for setup, this season take my time to find a proper setup for each track usually. For keyboard, higher wing angles usually fits better, your help will provide a good start.

I invite everyone to make a quickrace in this round in addition to TTL.

If there is no rejection, i think these are the rules,

Race length: %30
Fps: 40
Starting position: 1
Pitstop: at least 1 (mandatory)
Replay time: 50 minute
PO should be lower than %100 in every lap. So please setup the graphics for a lower PO.

Time limit : 1 hour

Please upload a notpad file in your drive folder, than use your 1 hour limit for quick race.
Upload quickrace save file and hotlap file for fastest lap in your time limit.
Best luck...
ksezen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank Jorge for setup, this season take my time to
> find a proper setup for each track usually. For
> keyboard, higher wing angles usually fits better,
> your help will provide a good start.
>
> I invite everyone to make a quickrace in this
> round in addition to TTL.
>
> If there is no rejection, i think these are the
> rules,
>
> Race length: %30
> Fps: 40
> Starting position: 1
> Pitstop: at least 1 (mandatory)
> Replay time: 50 minute
> PO should be lower than %100 in every lap. So
> please setup the graphics for a lower PO.
>
> Time limit : 1 hour
>
> Please upload a notpad file in your drive folder,
> than use your 1 hour limit for quick race.
> Upload quickrace save file and hotlap file for
> fastest lap in your time limit.
> Best luck...

Hi Kzesen,

GP4 1.02 Saved game for track 5: Yas Marina
Level: Ace / Frame rate: 40.0 FPS
Race type: Quickrace Session: Race (30%, 17 laps)
Weather type: Custom Probability of rain: 0%
Car #2, driven by jorge (ferrari - ferrari)
Power: 855 BHP, weight 607 kg, fuel laps: 0.6
Race time after 17 lap(s): 0h25m39.035s pos 12, 17 lap(s) completed
Qualify lap time: n/a pos 1 on grid
Fastest lap time: 1:27.315 pos 5 (split1 0:15.789, split2 0:53.203)

Those CC cars were misils !!
Schumacher was laping 1 second faster than i was and he had all the fuel to finish the race without stoping !!.
The rest i could handle them even though they were very fast.
I had a spin in lap 13, one of the benettons complicated me in turn 2.
I have to watch the replay to know if he really punted me or not, the point is that it
i lost 10 seconds.
Other than that it was about bringing the car home.

Adrenaline at its finest !!. ;) Loved it !!.

Kind regards
Jorge

Hi Jorge,

This is the results of Quickrace.

1- JCaranti : Race time after 17 lap(s): 0h25m39.035s pos 12, 17 lap(s) completed Fastest lap time: 1:27.315 pos 5 (split1 0:15.789, split2 0:53.203)
2- ksezen : Race time after 17 lap(s): 0h25m57.890s pos 15, 17 lap(s) completed Fastest lap time: 1:28.098 pos 8 (split1 0:15.981, split2 0:53.859)
3- Jordhy : Race time after 17 lap(s): 0h26m13.897s pos 19, 17 lap(s) completed Fastest lap time: 1:28.258 pos 9 (split1 0:15.980, split2 0:54.121)

It was pure adrenalin! and i loved it! Others should also think about to give a try to QuickraceTL.

after 2 laps i found a good steady place at 5th with fresh air both in forward and rear. However than my tyres starts to wear up, and especially high speed corners at last sector i had problems, than a Jordan catched me and i pit when i was 6th. After pitstop, i came to track 17th, the cars were slower than me. i tried to pass them in the most proper place in the longest straght in second sector, i lost times, but it was more important to keep the car on track. at last i passed 2 cars, and reached the finish line, my tryres were again finished at last few laps.
The race was so fun. i dont know if we should make it mandatory ACE difficulty. i know if i choosed a lower difficulty, i may have an easier race. In my opinion ACE should be mandatory. Racing is more than laping in free circuit.

Congratulations Jorge for your victory! imagine of a full season at quickrace next year, it will give some much suprises for everyone. A minardi may have a podium or race win )). victory may be slide away in last lap, and more....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2022 10:02AM by ksezen.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
The season finally comes to an end, a week late ;)

There’s always a mix of sensations in occasions like this one. On one hand, I’m truly relieved the season has ended, which means I can forget my PC exists for a couple of weeks without leaving people waiting for something I had previously committed to.

On the other hand, I look back and I’m happy we managed to keep this going for the whole year. I’m sure people enjoyed the competition and the opportunity to race alongside the real F1 calendar, and many here improved their abilities as the season progressed. Driving on the game just before the real race also gives a whole new perspective when watching it – we suddenly know the circuit as well as the real drivers do.

We all expected JCaranti to be a likely champion from the moment we chose to open this season to the public, given his competitiveness and previous experience with GP4 competitions, but we were all surprised by his domination, so congratulations for that. And I must single out ksezen as the best surprise of this season, whose pace was soon on par with fongu’s and gildoorf’s. As for me, I guess I had the most erratic performance, sometimes I drove only a handful of laps and finished way off the pace, but I also got two podiums. My second place at Montreal, driven without traction control, is the result I’m particularly proud of.

I can’t underestimate the boost of motivation the League has given me for building new tracks. Over the last two seasons, and always with help from our friends, I prepared no less than eight new tracks for use in the competition: three updates to existing tracks (Melbourne, Imola and Monaco), and five (re)built from the ground up (Sakhir, Jeddah, Zandvoort, Losail and Yas Marina). Sadly, only Imola among those has already evolved into a full release, but other guys at F1virtual are keeping their hands busy with some of the others.

But it can’t be all roses, and as I’ve said above, I’m also relieved the season has finished. I’ve grown tired of the commitment required to make sure I handled the competition in the fairest way possible, and sometimes it was hard to decide between being strict to the rules and ensuring the fun aspect remained intact. Over the course of the season, I’ve manually analysed more than 7 hours of hotlap footage, not counting the multiple reviews required by some hotlaps to determine whether they were valid or not. Often, especially late in the season, I could only manage one or two hours of PC time on a given week, and I had to spend all that time fulfilling my duties with the League. Sometimes that meant checking laps while watching the actual Grand Prix.

So, the awkward feeling of "I’d rather be doing something else right now" became inevitable. The delay for the Abu Dhabi round was a direct consequence of this time squeeze. The logical conclusion, then: I’m not interested in hosting another season of the League in this format, even with shared duties or other kinds of help. If there’s one thing this season reminded me, is how much I hate working on a schedule, because then it feels like work rather than something I’m doing because I get fun out of it.

Overall, thank you all for this year. I hope you guys keep racing in some form or another – on the year GP4 reached its 20th anniversary, we contributed a little in showing it’s still alive and well, and will provide good, fun racing for years to come.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Prblanco Wrote:
> The season finally comes to an end, a week late
> ;)
>
> There’s always a mix of sensations in occasions
> like this one. On one hand, I’m truly relieved
> the season has ended, which means I can forget my
> PC exists for a couple of weeks without leaving
> people waiting for something I had previously
> committed to.
>
> On the other hand, I look back and I’m happy we
> managed to keep this going for the whole year.
> I’m sure people enjoyed the competition and the
> opportunity to race alongside the real F1
> calendar, and many here improved their abilities
> as the season progressed. Driving on the game just
> before the real race also gives a whole new
> perspective when watching it – we suddenly know
> the circuit as well as the real drivers do.
>
> We all expected JCaranti to be a likely champion
> from the moment we chose to open this season to
> the public, given his competitiveness and previous
> experience with GP4 competitions, but we were all
> surprised by his domination, so congratulations
> for that. And I must single out ksezen as the best
> surprise of this season, whose pace was soon on
> par with fongu’s and gildoorf’s. As for me, I
> guess I had the most erratic performance,
> sometimes I drove only a handful of laps and
> finished way off the pace, but I also got two
> podiums. My second place at Montreal, driven
> without traction control, is the result I’m
> particularly proud of.
>
> I can’t underestimate the boost of motivation
> the League has given me for building new tracks.
> Over the last two seasons, and always with help
> from our friends, I prepared no less than eight
> new tracks for use in the competition: three
> updates to existing tracks (Melbourne, Imola and
> Monaco), and five (re)built from the ground up
> (Sakhir, Jeddah, Zandvoort, Losail and Yas
> Marina). Sadly, only Imola among those has already
> evolved into a full release, but other guys at
> F1virtual are keeping their hands busy with some
> of the others.
>
> But it can’t be all roses, and as I’ve said
> above, I’m also relieved the season has
> finished. I’ve grown tired of the commitment
> required to make sure I handled the competition in
> the fairest way possible, and sometimes it was
> hard to decide between being strict to the rules
> and ensuring the fun aspect remained intact. Over
> the course of the season, I’ve manually analysed
> more than 7 hours of hotlap footage, not counting
> the multiple reviews required by some hotlaps to
> determine whether they were valid or not. Often,
> especially late in the season, I could only manage
> one or two hours of PC time on a given week, and I
> had to spend all that time fulfilling my duties
> with the League. Sometimes that meant checking
> laps while watching the actual Grand Prix.
>
> So, the awkward feeling of "I’d rather be doing
> something else right now" became inevitable. The
> delay for the Abu Dhabi round was a direct
> consequence of this time squeeze. The logical
> conclusion, then: I’m not interested in hosting
> another season of the League in this format, even
> with shared duties or other kinds of help. If
> there’s one thing this season reminded me, is
> how much I hate working on a schedule, because
> then it feels like work rather than something
> I’m doing because I get fun out of it.
>
> Overall, thank you all for this year. I hope you
> guys keep racing in some form or another – on
> the year GP4 reached its 20th anniversary, we
> contributed a little in showing it’s still alive
> and well, and will provide good, fun racing
> for years to come.

Though I was bad overall throughout the season, it was mostly fun to participate in this league ! At times, I had a few lack of motivation due to my results, but I'm glad I managed to push to the end.

Congratulations to Jcaranti, for an outstanding and dominating performance, and congratulations to Gildoorf for being runner-up !

Then thank you a lot PrBlanco for putting so much work and sacrificing so much of your free time to not only put together the league, but also to handle the ruling and scoring and keeping it alive to the end. I'm proud of having been part of this community season and am glad I came back on GP4 3 years ago. I will never let the game die !
Thank you Paulo for your great effort and enthusiasm on this great season. I appreciated it every minute. It is not possible to thank enough for your spending time and effort.

I came across with this game in a video game store 20 years ago, it was GP3 at that time. i liked it. Than i searched in internet if people have a company about it. i found lots of sites. but they were playing GP4, which my PC cant run because of poor performance. I was a student in universty at that time. IHowever there was another site, with a name "igp... " where GP3 exist, i can t even remember the full name.
The time i spend in that league was great, practice qualify and race... than everybody moved to GP4 and site is shut down. my PC was still poor, and couldnt continue.
After years pass, i had always that good memories, and i searched in internet about the game and found you great season. i was so excited and attend.
I drive the tracks with a great nostalgia. i am still a student, but in this time i am a doctrate student. And in a few months i will get my PhD degree in mechanical engineering, and i am a professor in universty.
This game helped me relax in this hard times of doctorate studies. i never thought it was a waste of time driving in this league.
However, i can understand people who doesnt have enough time to reach their limits in hotlap. So i come with time limit races. in hotlap gaining 0.1 second may take lots of try, however in race it is not that much important. and anyone can drive quickrace with a little practice, and may even finish in a podium with luck or good concentration in that 1 hour.

Paulo, i hope you can find time for just enjoying the race next season without any duties, while also watching and following the real F1 calendar.
Thank you everyone who let me feel the joy i had 20 years ago, thank you drive and keep it alive. Hope to see you next season.
The competition with fongu and gildoorf was great, and there were always others on the back, that i try to run away while trying to catch the front. i hope i see all you guys again.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2022 02:27PM by ksezen.
Hello, there is nothing to say, I enjoyed every minute, made mistakes, lost valuable points, I already miss the disputes, I just have to thank everyone for the contribution and dedication, we are a group that fights for the survival of this spectacular simulator. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a New Year full of good things to all. See you next year. Now just test and test.
Thank you Prblanco, it's been a terrifically run and fair league, a great platform to get involved with.
Thank you Prblanco for so many different tracks we could drive on along with the the actual F1 season. The tracks are getting more and more accurate and fun to drive, thank you for your dedication.

Congrats to Jorge, you were always favourite going into the year and you delivered emphatically.

Well done to Gildoorf, highest finisher of the keyboard runners and thoroughly deserved. You were untouchable at times and I've thoroughly enjoyed competing with you and working with you to improve my own performance.

Ksezen, you were a very capable competitor, a great improvement as the season went on, and you also deservedly picked up a victory this season too.

Thanks to everyone else who competed at various parts of the season, it's a busy season with so many races and only gildoorf managed to submit a lap in every round.

Thank you to Paulo for running the league, your have been a really good host. You were very honest and
judged very well impartialy. So thank you for that. Yes my nature is competitive but in a good way.

Fongu, well i knew i could challenge for wins but never in my mind i thought i could dominate so clearly the season.
5 tracks where new to me and most of the others i havent done any hotlaps in a very long time, some of them i had not done any since 2007.
Also take in count that i was acustumed to be able to edit the setup completely(not just like the TTL) so it took me sometime
to fully understand. So as you can see it was like a learning process to me. I enjoyed a lot.

Gildoorf, well you were certainly the finest keyboard around, so i congratulated you. At some moments you where their challenging me, like in Jedahh,
and Singapor for the wins. You got to be runner up.

Kzesen, clearly you improved a lot from the start of the season and even got a win and several podiums witch is a lot to say in your first year
since this comeback in 20 years. So congratulations. Well done.

Hinyaldee Thank you, you also improved a lot since you started the season. Its not easy, it takes time and patience but eventually practicing you
will be better.

The rest that submited laps in an event thank you for been their when you could. Not all of us have the time to practice more.

I am gratefull i could participate, it brought many memories back.
I had not done a complete since season like this ever even in my prime as gp4 league competitor. Thank you everyone.

I hope some or all come back next year but it might be called different than currently. Also their will be TL racing next the hotlap contest.
So their can be options for different peoples witch may include weather conditions.

Kind regards
Jorge

Hello my friends.

What is the plan for new season?

As i promise i will run a Time Limited Race season. Because i want to stay on track with Real F1 Callendar.

Soon i will announce the season with a new topic in this forum. First i needed to see if there will be a Hotlap season?
i would like to run Race Time Limited League next to Time Trial League.

Hope to see you friends all in new season.
ksezen Wrote:
> Hello my friends.
>
> What is the plan for new season?
>
> As i promise i will run a Time Limited Race
> season. Because i want to stay on track with Real
> F1 Callendar.
>
> Soon i will announce the season with a new topic
> in this forum. First i needed to see if there will
> be a Hotlap season?
> i would like to run Race Time Limited League next
> to Time Trial League.
>
> Hope to see you friends all in new season.

Hi Ksezen !!.
I rather the race time limited too but a few hotlaps rounds would be nice.

If needed i can help out (Y)

I want to participate again as well :) But I will only do some hotlaps and most likely not the time limited races if thats ok (B)
Than, if nobody will create a hotlap league. We can do it next to race season. So deokastyler you can join.
Hotlaps and races will have their own championship.

We can use last years tracks, and if one of us suggest a new version track we can also try.

Next week we may have a pre-season race. i suggest Fiorano.

Rules will be,

Ace / 30%race / 40FPS / Start position 1st.

are they ok? i think Ace difficulty should be for everyone. But if some one comes and asks he needs driving aids and he is a bit rooky, we may accept lover difficulties for him.

Lets wait a few days, i hope more people see the news.
Than i will create our new forum topic. and present email adress and others....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2023 02:17PM by ksezen.
Ksezen i like those rules but i would also like to add a rule to make 1 mandatory pitstop.
This should increase variables considerably and have fun too. (Y)
But for this we should have a chat in the topic before each event to see if its safe enought the pit entry (Y)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I will be able to participate for this season as I went back into league racing on rFactor 2, so it takes most of my time and focus regarding practice. I'll try to come in from time to time on off weeks and when I can, but I cannot give any guarantee at this time, I apologize
Hello, I agree with the pit stop suggestion, it will bring more diversification in racing positions.
i forgot to write 1 mandatory pitstop. but ofcourse we should check if it is safe to enter pit line during race.

Hinyaldee, best lucks in your league. Hope to see you in here sometimes too.
i aim to just follow F1 callendar, and become familiar with track while watching F1, and having fun with not spending too much time on it to become compettitive. GP4 fullfils everything i neeed, except more participants, i hope there will be some more racer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy