2022 GP4 Time Trial League (F1virtual and friends) - Season Finished

Posted by Prblanco 
I agree with the punishment, a caveat when they are all with a keyboard the times are very close, it motivates the others more. I think we have to think of a way to equalize the forces, so that new riders feel motivated. Otherwise the championship tends to be always with few competitors. Congratulations to everyone for their interest in not letting our GP4 die.
Sorry i could not do a single lap in Mexico. I will be back at Interlagos witch is a track i like.

Congratulations to Kev for finally his first win of the season.:-)

Very close battle between Kev, Gildoorf and ksezen. Great job guys.

I agree on the punishment on Jordhy because his laptime would have put him in from of Hinyaldee
witch submited the lap in time so it have been unfair to him.

For season 3 i can help. We can take turns been race director their for meaning their is less stress to Paulo
for time consuming runing the league alone.

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
I'm grateful to gildoorf for his help on this track, I would have been on the third step without it. Eventually I found the groove and the gap is so small at the front.
Well done all who managed a lap, it wasn't an easy one.

Congratulations Fongu(Kevin) for your victory. It was really hard, i need to be in front of Fongu for 3rd place in championship, however he was so fast that i cant reach. Once i thought this league should be time limited, otherwise it is not so fun to try all day for geting a lap 0.100 second faster. We should really think about it if we continue next year. Also this will give motivation for others who cant find a place at podium. Congratulations again alls especially Paulo for his great afford. Next year, we should participate the duties. For example Every racers may check at least another racers lap . Racers may write their times by themselves....
Hello, if you need I can check the lap or even laps of the other competitors, but I need some details about what should be observed, so that the lap is valid.
Their is a Interlagos 2019 and 2020 by Augustogibim witch is absolutely awesome, the details put into that track is so great.
Its based on the F1virtual track of 2009 witch i updated to 2012 and then Augustogibim updated further.
I think this would be awesome to drive. (Y)

JCaranti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Their is a Interlagos 2019 and 2020 by
> Augustogibim witch is absolutely awesome, the
> details put into that track is so great.
> Its based on the F1virtual track of 2009 witch i
> updated to 2012 and then Augustogibim updated
> further.
> I think this would be awesome to drive. (Y)

I agree ! Don't mind 2008 but it's 14y ago and it feels weird having to drive with the red kerbs again and whatnot :)
Thanks for the suggestion guys but unfortunately it was too late. I wouldn't have time to do the necessary tests and checks for our competition without delaying the start of the round by a day or two.

Plus, I had already announced we'd be using the F1virtual version a couple pages back.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Brazilian flag is the most beatiful flag, and my opinion is completely unbiased ;)

SundayDriver and Hinyaldee tied on points, SundayDriver ahead on best results, five 4th places to Hinyaldee's three 4th places.

Congratulations to Gildoorf he has got the 2nd place in the Championship 2022.
Also with this result Kev has secured the 3rd place in the Championship.
Ksezen already a few races ago secured 4th place in the championship.
Paulo is 5th place in the championship a few events ago also.

Well done.

This was the closest event that would be a home race to me because Argentina is not in the F1 calendar.

My hotlap was alright, Their was room for a potential 1m10.9.
Anyway i enjoyed the event.

I will not participate in the Abu Dhabi hotlap but i will look at how you guys are doing.

I am greateful for participating and been part of the TTL this 2022.

Prblanco Wrote:
> Brazilian flag is the most beatiful flag, and my
> opinion is completely unbiased ;)
>
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> SundayDriver and Hinyaldee tied on points,
> SundayDriver ahead on best results, five 4th
> places to Hinyaldee's three 4th places.

Congratulations to the winners of the championship :) Well deserved after such a domination ! Won't be easy to get ahead of SundayDriver in Abu Dhacrap, but I'll do my best !
After the positions has been clear, i would like to introduce a time limited quickrace add-in to our league. i want to announce that i will run next year a time limited quickrace format as an add-on to our hotlap league (if it will continue). If the hotlap league will not continue next year i will still eager to run this quickrace league.

As a practice, i ask you to attend the quickrace format addition to your hotlap in the last race of 2022.
Time will be limited as 1 hour. Quickrace length will be 20%. Starting position will be 1. Difficulty set is free.
You should save the race after finish, and save the best lap as hotlap. Your best lap should be in track limits when rewatched.
Points is not an issue at this moment, so no matter.

Before you start your lap, please create a notepad file and upload it at your google drive folder. So we can check the start time of your race.
Run your race after you upload this notepad file. And upload your race and hotlap save files in 1 hour.
I will check files and laps by myself, but next year we can share this duty together.

Lets try this! I hope it will bring more joy to our community. We may see DNFs and different winners and podiums, and everybody will feel that they have a chance for victory.
We can discuss about the format for next year after this try.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2022 08:08AM by ksezen.
ksezen Wrote:
> After the positions has been clear, i would like
> to introduce a time limited quickrace add-in to
> our league. i want to announce that i will run
> next year a time limited quickrace format as an
> add-on to our hotlap league (if it will continue).
> If the hotlap league will not continue next year i
> will still eager to run this quickrace league.
>
> As a practice, i ask you to attend the quickrace
> format addition to your hotlap in the last race of
> 2022.
> Time will be limited as 1 hour. Quickrace length
> will be 20%. Starting position will be 1.
> Difficulty set is free.
> You should save the race after finish, and save
> the best lap as hotlap. Your best lap should be in
> track limits when rewatched.
> Points is not an issue at this moment, so no
> matter.
>
> Before you start your lap, please create a notepad
> file and upload it at your google drive folder. So
> we can check the start time of your race.
> Run your race after you upload this notepad file.
> And upload your race and hotlap save files in 1
> hour.
> I will check files and laps by myself, but next
> year we can share this duty together.
>
>
> Lets try this! I hope it will bring more joy to
> our community. We may see DNFs and different
> winners and podiums, and everybody will feel that
> they have a chance for victory.
> We can discuss about the format for next year
> after this try.

Hi Kzesen.
I will participate in the quickraces if it does not continue next year the TTL.

But we must make rules in order to be fair and possible to finish the races.

I agree on Time Limited, uploading a notelpad file and starting from P1.

In most of the tracks in race format(not hotlap) with a new updated tracks has produced very high PO when raced in 60FPS,
in some tracks it would be imposible to do this because of the size of the .wads and the 3d included, not to mention if we use a the 2022 mod then
its even worst. So my suggestion we back down this a bit to maybe 40 - 45 FPS.
If we dont do this just in the start of the race we will hit over 100% of PO for sure and this will show in
the overal race PO%, not in the single lap PO%, you can watch this in Hoflapw 3.15.

Lets say the fastests lap of the race is outside the white lines i suggest a 2 second time penalty

Also to spice it up a bit would be nice that within the race their is a mandatory pitstop

Using the rules of the TTL about car settings we must include to allow the use of packers, because else in race format it would be very hard to finish a race due to the plank wear
of the car, it would be almost imposible to drive in some tracks after 7 or 8 laps.

Other issue, in case we dont do a mandatory pitstop then in some tracks the fuel consuption must be edited because it consumes more than 1.1 per lap so in some cases putting
maximum fuel at the race it will not be enough to finish the race.

Kind regards
Jorge.

Guys, I'm building the new Yas Marina layout but I'm a bit late. If I don't finish it until Wednesday, would you prefer to run the older layout (by another author, tojepo for example) and keep the schedule or to delay the round by a week and run the new layout? (without buildings, same as Zandvoort)

Paulo, if you delay 1 week the round i can participate in the Abu Dhabi hotlap.
Would like to try the new layout. (Y)

New layout for me too.

Great laps all round at Interlagos, congrats to the top three. I was disappointed not to repeat my lap from the previous year, and most of my times were set using the wrong fps, and only had little time to set a legal lap in the end.

Unfortunately I won't have time to participate after this season. I have enjoyed doing the last two seasons.

New layout. Thank you a lot, Paulo!

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
New layout would be cool.
JCaranti Wrote:

> Hi Kzesen.
> I will participate in the quickraces if it does
> not continue next year the TTL.
>
> But we must make rules in order to be fair and
> possible to finish the races.
>
> I agree on Time Limited, uploading a notelpad file
> and starting from P1.
>
> In most of the tracks in race format(not hotlap)
> with a new updated tracks has produced very high
> PO when raced in 60FPS,
> in some tracks it would be imposible to do this
> because of the size of the .wads and the 3d
> included, not to mention if we use a the 2022 mod
> then
> its even worst. So my suggestion we back down this
> a bit to maybe 40 - 45 FPS.
> If we dont do this just in the start of the race
> we will hit over 100% of PO for sure and this will
> show in
> the overal race PO%, not in the single lap PO%,
> you can watch this in Hoflapw 3.15.
>
> Lets say the fastests lap of the race is outside
> the white lines i suggest a 2 second time penalty
>
>
> Also to spice it up a bit would be nice that
> within the race their is a mandatory pitstop
>
> Using the rules of the TTL about car settings we
> must include to allow the use of packers, because
> else in race format it would be very hard to
> finish a race due to the plank wear
> of the car, it would be almost imposible to drive
> in some tracks after 7 or 8 laps.
>
> Other issue, in case we dont do a mandatory
> pitstop then in some tracks the fuel consuption
> must be edited because it consumes more than 1.1
> per lap so in some cases putting
> maximum fuel at the race it will not be enough to
> finish the race.
>
> Kind regards
> Jorge.

Hi Jorge,

You can still participate in quickrace even TTL continues. In my sight i will not spend my time for best hotlap next season, i will do my laps in a limited time in quickrace and my race will be finshed for the week, and i will relax.
I dont know anything about circuit edit, i was hoping to use the same tracks of TTL.
We can lower the fps for a smooth play in PC, and make it 45fps for everyone.
more complex car setups will also spend more time for adjust the best setup, so i am agains to it. simple setup option should be continue.
Plank wear can be eliminate with mandotary pitstops. Fuel consumptions can also be predictable for finishing race after pitstop.

So if TTL continues we will follow it as an addition to league. If TTL not continues, we can just use the same tracks of this season. Of course new circuit edits are welcome.

I want to try in ABu-Dabi this quickrace, hope to see you there too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2022 03:21PM by ksezen.
Voting for the new layout too ! And you can take your time, it's OK if we have to delay on my book :)

PS : Since I suck at hotlapping, I would be fine with doing only quickraces instead ha ha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2022 07:13PM by Hinyaldee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy