2022 GP4 Time Trial League (F1virtual and friends) - Season Finished

Posted by Prblanco 
GREAT Jorge Fangio. CONGRATULATIONS! (B)
Thank you Paulo and Gildoorf
This is the most fun i had in years with Gp4. Hotlaps are fun.
Yes i am quick but i think its due to experience, wheel, and manual shifting.
Some people dont know but driving with a Wheel in Gp4 it takes a lot of time to get used to because of the setups are very different from keyboard
and because of the general idea of steering properly in each type of turn. Then their is the issue with software of the wheel(this is not a small thing)
so set it properly. Combining all that makes the magic and for some it does not work, for others is glory.

Their are tracks that i have not raced before, others i have but never the way this league allows setup changes.
So it was a little hard at the beginning of the season, then their was the FPS increment 2 times, so i had to get used to
but it did not alter the way i drive.

I dont know if i am unbeatable, look at Gildoorf and in Jedah, he almost won with keyboard. Also a close result was in Zandvoort.
I think another person with a wheel with proper experience could beat me easily in atleast half the tracks.
Maybe i am more of season driver rather than the fastests, at least its what i think.

Anyway like i said in the zandvoort comment: Its time for other participants to win and different podiums because the battle for 2nd to 4th is game on,
so i will not be in the middle of that, meaning that i will be 4th or lower in the remaining of the season.
I will be posting setups in this topic for the events when we are sure witch track we participate and in what slot, i want to help partcipants do their best.

Kind regards
Jorge. (Y)

EDIT:
P.S: Thank you Sergio (Y)(Y)

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2022 11:10PM by JCaranti.
I already had a steering wheel, of course it wasn't a cutting edge, but the difference is noticeable even with a reasonable one, if it was a championship disputed with 50% or more the keyboardists would have some chance, but for a single lap, I think it's very difficult for someone with a keyboard to overcome who has a steering wheel.
Congratulations Jorge!!! Great performance and great motivation.
We may argue that keyboard users have disadvantages, but it is not true, i can drive while laying on coach with my laptop, and i watch tv meanwhile. If i buy a steering wheel, i need to loose them.
And i know how hard to be one second faster with steering wheel than keyboard. So Jorge i am sure you are one of the fastest steering wheel racers, even there is a gap with 2nd you still keep pushing like a real champion. GREAT.

Jordhy had a impressive lap and great progress. Same for Hinyaldee too, i felt in a though competition in this track. And i am so happy with my podium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2022 08:09AM by ksezen.
Congrats Jorge on winning the championship. Flawless season so far.
I'll keep the number 1 warm for you.

Didnt participate this round at Monza since I had quite a lot to do in real life this time. Congrats to Jorge for winning every single round so far this season and of course winning the championship this year.
I tried to get close to him in Imola and especially at Zandvoort but in the end even with my best lap that was invalidated in the end I couldn't do it.
I am also driving on the wheel and feel much more comfortable than driving with keyboard, really hope I can participate in every round of the remaining season :)

Also I have the suggestion of an off-season championship where we could try some other circuits that are not currently on the F1 calendar (Istanbul, Hockenheim, Nürburgring, Magny-Cours, Adelaide, Kyalami etc.)
That would be fun :D
@ksezen: Thank you for you kind words.

@Fongu: Thanks. I dont need the number 1.
I came to have fun. Also like i said in the remaining events i will not post any laptime that would make me finish in the podium or win a hotlap event.
I think i have more than enought wins for a season. So its not about been flawless ...

@Deoka: I can partcipate in some of the off-season.

Hi everyone, a quick rundown on the track versions we'll use in the last rounds:

Singapore, Suzuka and Austin will be the latest updates from JCaranti. Suzuka and Austin from 2019, and Singapore from the 2014 trackpack. All available in his work thread here.

Mexico will be the 2017 update from gezere, available here.

Interlagos will be the 2008 version available at F1virtual.

And for Yas Marina we may have the updated layout without trackside objects, same as Zandvoort.

Track checksums will not be confirmed right now, as we may need to make adjustments on cc-line, magic data, GP4Info, etc. Should that be the case, updated .dat and .ini files will be sent by email on the respective race weeks.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Prblanco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi everyone, a quick rundown on the track versions
> we'll use in the last rounds:
>
> Singapore, Suzuka and Austin will be the latest
> updates from JCaranti. Suzuka and Austin from
> 2019, and Singapore from the 2014 trackpack. All
> available in his work thread here.
>
> Mexico will be the 2017 update from gezere,
> available here.
>
> Interlagos will be the 2008 version available at
> F1virtual.
>
> And for Yas Marina we may have the updated layout
> without trackside objects, same as Zandvoort.
>
> Track checksums will not be confirmed right now,
> as we may need to make adjustments on cc-line,
> magic data, GP4Info, etc. Should that be the case,
> updated .dat and .ini files will be sent by email
> on the respective race weeks.

Got it !

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
A new winner, at last!
Well deserved, Mr. Ksezen, amazing lap. Deeply impressed on such a different setup approach compared to my own.

Not an easy circuit to keep pace all along the lap, but it was worthy the fight.

Very good job on circuit, Jorge, well done!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2022 08:15PM by gildoorf.
Well done Kezen for your first win. Gildoorf lap is really good too. Both of you guys great job.(Y)(Y)

Me sandbagging a lot. I tried to be outside the podium, i expected more from another competitor.
And i will say i only drove today this morning, i was about not to participate.
What i will say for a wheel driver it was possible to do 1m41.5 or lower.

Also good lap from Jordhy, your getting better. (Y)

Missed this one, couldn't get a single lap in. I wasn't feeling the track at all. Congratulations to the new winner
Thank you gildoorf, JCaranti, Hinyaldee for your kind words.
That will be a moment that i will remember, my first win in a GP league.
After a few lap, i understood that the track is similar with monaco, so i changed the setup , which i used in monaco.
Monaco was the track i got my first podium. And i knew while the Jorge is standing back i can win this race. It is a long lap and you have to be sharply alert and push on every corner.
That was an amazing weekend. Looking forward to last races, I will try to finish the season with the highest possible points and ranking.
Jordhy you did a great lap, we all aware that you are getting close to top, just similar as i had done at the mid of the season.
Congrats Ksezen, fantastic victory. Glad my last minute entry just kept me in third in the Championship.

Ksezen: thank you, congratulations to you and to all the components of this journey, the difference that separates me from the first 6 is still a great challenge to reduce, I will persist I hope to achieve a gradual improvement.
For some reason I have a problem with the track and cant get the right track checksum :( I downloaded it from the Mail that you sent me but it just doesnt show the right checksum...
I put it in slot #1 of course.
deokastyler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For some reason I have a problem with the track
> and cant get the right track checksum :( I
> downloaded it from the Mail that you sent me but
> it just doesnt show the right checksum...
> I put it in slot #1 of course.

Your suposed to use the .wad file from my topic and THEN
use the .dat and .ini file provided by Prblanco in the email...

Oop, thanks my bad. That was just me being an idiot then.
I had a small go at Suzuka today.

[www.mediafire.com]

You can guys extract the setup or look at the replay to understand better the corners.

Its not the maximum performance i got, perhaps with a little better driving and a small change to the setup a
1m27.800 should be posible.

EDIT. I made my own defpanel for this compiticion. (Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2022 09:38PM by JCaranti.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy