ksezen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think hotlap season can be done in a limited
> time, for example a half hour. Which also add a
> little stress while driving. But It should be hard
> to check it for directors.

Hi mate,
This would be super fun to do.
For example we do a TL witch could be half the points and we upload a regular one without the TL witch could also be the other half the points.
This could be the combo for the championship. Just an idea.

Back in the day(2005 to 2008) TL was done for hotlaps championship but it was also used league tournament that included qualify and races too like LFRS, F1VWC and GPChampionships.
Some leagues they used this TL in a 100% distance race !!!. thats how it was in the F1vwc !! was awesome and so stressful !! loved it and i trully miss it.

Kind regards
Jorge.

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Hi mate Jorge,

Thats what i remember from old days. The qualify and racing was in a limited time, we click a link in site and it gives us a code, than we paste this code in gpxpatch somewhere, so time was limited. Also racing weather was changing but same for every one with a code, and we didnt know the weather until we take the code and time starts. Has been very long time but it was like that, but it was a normal leage not hotlap. hotlaps were sharing in the week as practice and we look at who is faster and try to üöprove our times. But that doesnt have a meaning for points. becuase qualify and race was important. Some very fast guys was usually failing in qualfy and race, when time was limited. that stress gives everybody a chance for podium.
I also participated in some leagues with that same format, a long time ago, and I agree with all the positives you guys mentioned.

Our ruleset was conceived with simplicity in mind, so to add that requirement would change its essence - maybe someone else could revive that format in the future, seems a no-brainer for me.

To be honest I'm not very eager on hosting this competition for another season; last year the League gave me a boost to build new .dats for each round, but this year I've spent much more time checking laps than working on tracks, which for me is far less enjoyable. One possibility is going back to being a private League. I'll definitely give it some thought during the (very welcome) mid-season break.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
i understand you, and how much it takes time to host this competition. We may played this game years ago when we were young, and we have lots of responsiblities now wtih geting older.

i dont know anythig about creating track or sth like that.
But, i thought about to help to remove some wieght on your shoulder, so i create a excel file for entering and checking laps by drivers themselves.
And i also created an idea for limited time for hotlaps. if people may want to try later in the season.

i uploaded the EXCEL file to the folder of mine in google drive. You can check it. it is only an opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2022 12:56PM by ksezen.
If their is a Season 3 of the Time Trials y offer myself to do the visual checkings inside the game of all the laps except mine.(Y)

Real race got less exciting after Charles did what he did, so results are a bit early this time ;)

Slight small participation this time around, but the podium is a carbon copy from Austria. gildoorf would've broken this but was victim to an illegal game setting (frame rate below stipulated minimum).

On the championship, Hinyaldee moves up to 7th, finally getting back into the points.

We now move on to Hungaroring for the last round before the mid-season break and a well deserved rest for everyone :-)

(Results amended Jul 25th following the recovery of Jordhy's lap)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2022 07:19PM by Prblanco.
My bad. I had to race from home notebook this week and was not aware of FPS. Next stage I get back to usual office and 60 FPS settings.

Anyway huge congrats for Jorge reigning season and Ksezen for such strong performances the last stages. Kevin always a hard contender, fight is on!

Last year in this track I beat fongu by 0.037 seconds. Now fongu beats me by 0.035 seconds. Does that mean I'm 0.002 seconds ahead on aggregate? ;)

Thank you Gildoorf.
Frankly i did not expect this from the start of the season to present.

About Paul Ricard.
I had some experience in this track because i participated in 2019 in the Gp4 central 5th season hotlap tournament and
also i won by some margin in this exact same track, so setup work was very advanced.

It was fun and particularly tricky in the first and last part of the track, because precision was key to everything their.

Also i must say i did not drive my usual style(check the files if you dont belief me).
Using my style i was only 3 tenths faster, i managed a 1m38.9, you get so much oversteer that you lose more time except in the last corner.

Having 3 FPS less than what the rules say does not make you go faster nor slower. I dont understand this rule to be honest.

Yeahh Kezen is improving a lot and Fongu is doing fantastic with the keyboard the same yoiu.

Anyway next is the Hungaroring, witch i am extremely familiar. I am also looking for the mid season break.

Kind regards
Jorge.

i really get used to the driving style i developed. as i mentioned before, i add gear shift key so in some corners, usually long ones, when the shift is stucked at high i manually down it so the corner cant push me out and i can slow down to turn corner instead of breaking. and throttle help button is there and help to get out from corner faster and sometimes turn corner sharper, and brakes may help you go in corner a little bir sliding inside. this kind of things... but when you get used to benefit all of them with a good setup it comes with a good lap.
i dont have setups for tracks, i need to do my self from zero. but if i see an uploaded hotlap i check its setup to get some tips.

congratulations all!!!
gildorf fps fault is not so important, if the admins can reconsider the penalty, it would be great.

Best regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2022 10:04PM by ksezen.
Does anyone know what happened to my lap?? Nomenclatura: PR141304220722noi

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2022 12:30AM by Jordhy.
Prblanco Wrote:
> Real race got less exciting after Charles did what
> he did, so results are a bit early this time ;)
>
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> Slight small participation this time around, but
> the podium is a carbon copy from Austria. gildoorf
> would've broken this but was victim to an illegal
> game setting (frame rate below stipulated
> minimum).
>
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> On the championship, Hinyaldee moves up to 7th,
> finally getting back into the points.
>
> We now move on to Hungaroring for the last round
> before the mid-season break and a well deserved
> rest for everyone :-)

It was a long and painful stretch. Finally back to the points ! I feel confident about Hungary, it should hopefully be a good one for me. Wasn't too sure about France, but it didn't turn out that bad. I tried a last few laps afterwards with a different setup that seemed 3 tenths faster, but I couldn't get the lap together
France results amended following the recovery of Jordhy's lost hotlap.

A handful of laps have been sent with GPxPatch's save/restore option enabled, which is against the rules. However, by using this feature, the lap time is not restored when you go back to a previously saved position, meaning it prevents cheating in hotlapping by design (in practice you will drive the same track sections twice in the same timed lap). Those laps will be accepted. Results will come soon.

Prblanco Wrote:
> A handful of laps have been sent with GPxPatch's
> save/restore option enabled, which is against the
> rules. However, by using this feature, the lap
> time is not restored when you go back to a
> previously saved position, meaning it prevents
> cheating in hotlapping by design (in practice you
> will drive the same track sections twice in the
> same timed lap). Those laps will be accepted.
> Results will come soon.

Thats exactly why i never make changes to the game settings in order not to be penalized in a league.

What i do is small stints of 8 laps at first in order to understand the car how it handles and then i make modifications to the setup.
As all know i am new to this kind of hotlaping so their is no base setup, you just improvise and work from their. (Y)

Prblanco Wrote:
> A handful of laps have been sent with GPxPatch's
> save/restore option enabled, which is against the
> rules. However, by using this feature, the lap
> time is not restored when you go back to a
> previously saved position, meaning it prevents
> cheating in hotlapping by design (in practice you
> will drive the same track sections twice in the
> same timed lap). Those laps will be accepted.
> Results will come soon.

i cant understand why people enables save/restore option. it is agains t rules.
it doesnt matter if it prevents cheating or not. the rule is there, and there is no logic why people open it in hotlaping.
the laps shouldnt be accepted in my opinion.

in my opinion, we should even forbid save option. drivers should do a formaltion lap than do a hot lap, so people cant try too much to have a best lap.
And if we can switch to time limited format, it would be best. driver will have only 8-10 lap try in this limited time. so we can restrict the try number for the best lap. In conclusion, drivers wont need to spend too much time for best lap.
Just for the record @ksezen all your submitted laps this round had save/restore enabled, in case you didn't notice. I will stand by my decision unless a majority of drivers is against it. Results table coming "soon" ;)

Anyway, let's start taking note of proposed rule changes for the second "half" of the season, including some I've received in private, so everyone can state their opinion.

- Enforce 60 frames per second (guaranteed equal physics for everyone)
- Disallow loading saving games (log must report "Session started normally" )
- Time limited format (honestly I don't know how to implement this, open to suggestions)

60fps should be fine for everyone, makes sense.
Save games - I waste so much time doing outlaps, that's the only reason I use save games.
My time for hotlapping has been limited of late, so I'll probably be under anyway, but like you say, I don't think it's possible to police.

Prblanco Wrote:
> Just for the record @ksezen all your submitted
> laps this round had save/restore enabled, in case
> you didn't notice. I will stand by my decision
> unless a majority of drivers is against it.
> Results table coming "soon" ;)
>

Thats really strange, i am so sorry.
I started to use save load feature after i learned it is allowed.
i was practising with save/restore open, and saved game before the lap.
And at hotlaping i desabled save/restore and load game. i checked at game if save restore is enabled and i saw no, it was not working.
i havent checked the hotlap log.
i am sorry for that. in the past rounds i was doing a formation lap and than a fast lap. the save load thing made this fault.

We can try to improve the rules, which will let this leauge more fun and less time consuming for admins and racers.
fongu Wrote:
> 60fps should be fine for everyone, makes sense.
> Save games - I waste so much time doing outlaps,
> that's the only reason I use save games.
> My time for hotlapping has been limited of late,
> so I'll probably be under anyway, but like you
> say, I don't think it's possible to police.

we can uplaod a simple text file to google drive folder when we want to do the hotlap. than the time starts for driver. in a limited time driver should drive and upload the hotlap file. we can check easly from the activity in google drive. i did an example. [ibb.co]

We can use this method even for 10-20 lap racings. Once trust is established, control will be just a formality.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2022 02:43PM by ksezen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy