2022 GP4 Time Trial League (F1virtual and friends) - Season Finished

Posted by Prblanco 
If anyone already wants to run next week's circuit in Austria, we'll use F1virtual's 2015 version available here.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Silverstone results!

No surprises at the top, JCaranti continues his unbeaten streak, only being slightly threatened every few races. gildoorf also keeps his usual form to get a comfortable 2nd place.

Three drivers registered their best laps at 1:31.0, kzesen the best of those and the one who keeps the final podium spot, his third of the season; while fongu rejoins the party after missing two rounds.

In the championship, ksezen breaks a tie and moves up to 4th place, while Jordhy moves into the top 10 overtaking long-absent Carl_gpgames.

The best lap from each driver in each round is now publicly available, anyone interested can get the files through the link on the first post.

No time to rest as we move to Austria next week!

This was a deserved podium for me as in Monaco. I am happy that i managed to get a better lap than Fongu first time.
Hello!

I'm just registered to participate :-)

Found this old wheel from my old brother in our garage and he told me that this was one of the games he used to play with it. I played single for some time and found this forum to play with you!

I'm installing the modifications now and trying to get it to work, maybe i get some lap for Austria or the next one

Bye!
Hello, does anyone have or have a place where I can get the slow motion file, in my GP4 this feature is not available in the F6,F7 or F8 keys and not in 6,7,8 or 9. My GpxPatch is v4.52(GP4v1.02). ISO(https://www.grandprixgames.org/profile.php?4,42758,ref_message_id=1156768,ref_thread_id=1156768). Thanks for any help and success to the competitors.
Replay controls are usually disabled when loading a saved hotlap. You may use them if you load a saved game instead, or in the game session you're currently playing in.

An alternative is to use external software (for example, Fraps or OBS Studio) to record your game screen into a video file such as .mp4.

toni.sk8 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello!
>
> I'm just registered to participate :-)
>
> Found this old wheel from my old brother in our
> garage and he told me that this was one of the
> games he used to play with it. I played single for
> some time and found this forum to play with you!
>
> I'm installing the modifications now and trying to
> get it to work, maybe i get some lap for Austria
> or the next one
>
> Bye!
Welcome Toni. Waiting for your participation and competition
toni.sk8 Wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm just registered to participate :-)
>
> Found this old wheel from my old brother in our
> garage and he told me that this was one of the
> games he used to play with it. I played single for
> some time and found this forum to play with you!
>
> I'm installing the modifications now and trying to
> get it to work, maybe i get some lap for Austria
> or the next one
>
> Bye!

Welcome Tony to the Time trials 2022.
Hope to see you in track ... (Y)(Y)

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
2nd place is great for me. I managed to do best among keyboard drivers. Jorge is all time winner, if he miss a race i want to be the one who gets the cup. Now i trust myself more with these 2nd place.
Geeee, I wouldn't have lasted long on Sunday's GP with my cuts ha ha ha oups
Slightly delayed Red Bull Ring results!

JCaranti continues his unbeaten streak, and it doesn't like he'll lose that anytime soon - France in particular could be a perfect fit for his driving style.

ksezen also keeps his upward trend with a season-best 2nd place - he hasn't finished any lower than 4th in the past 5 rounds, the only driver besides JCaranti to do so.

Competition was fierce in the midfield, with all drivers until Jordhy in 6th place within three and a half tenths from ksezen's lap.

Gildoorf manages to snatch the best S1 with his low-downforce setup, and Carl_gpgames returns to the grid after a long absence.

Things are mostly stable in the championship standings, with Jordhy moving past deokastyler for 9th, and SundayDriver looking to retake the 5th place he held before Canada.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2022 01:41PM by Prblanco.
Hello, congratulations to the eternal participants and lovers of this simulator, the question that won't shut up is, who among you uses a steering wheel and which one, at a reasonable price, allows an improvement in driving? a logitech doesn't fit my budget. Small teams have to make do.

Ola, parabenizar os participantes eternos e apaixonados por este simulador, a pergunta que nao quer calar, quem de voces usa volante e qual com um valor acessivel permite uma melhora na pilotagem??? um logitech não se adapta ao meu orçamento. Equipe pequena tem que se virar.
Those using a wheel are myself, Jorge, Carl, and occasionally fongu. I used Logitech wheels my whole "career" so I don't have an opinion on other models.

I can surely say that no equipment will make anyone drive faster. Surely, a top-tier wheel will make it easier to feel if the car is oversteering, if you're braking too hard etc... but these will mean nothing if you don't get the basics right: positioning your car correctly on corner entry, accelerating and braking at the correct moments, and so on. Those are skills you can practice and improve with any wheel.

But, if you have the choice, definitely go for a force feedback wheel.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2022 06:40PM by Prblanco.
I fully agree what Paulo is saying.
My first wheel was the Logitech Formula Force GP in 2005, then i move to the Logitech Momo in 2008 and from 2012 to present
i stayed with the Logitech G27 because you will not have a better wheel
that works properly with Gp4.
I tested newer models G29, G920, G923 it didnt make any difference.

About driving, its skills that you acquire with practice and experience.
When i tested for the first time a wheel in Gp4 witch was original canada track i was 1 second slower than driving with keyboard !!!.
It took me 2 weeks to match my best time i had at the time in a hotlap at that track. I learned many lessons from that.

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Yeah took me quite a while to get up to speed on a wheel... I too have only ever had logitech. I've barely had time to set up my wheel this season.

Thank you all for your comments about driving with a keyboard or steering wheel. Maybe in the future I will think about it again, for a 72 year old man, investment is no longer a priority. I hope to reduce the big difference that separates me from the leaders in lap times.
We're all hoping to reduce the gap to Jorge, so you're not alone in that ;)

Jordhy Wrote:
> Thank you all for your comments about driving with
> a keyboard or steering wheel. Maybe in the future
> I will think about it again, for a 72 year old
> man, investment is no longer a priority. I hope to
> reduce the big difference that separates me from
> the leaders in lap times.

For what it's worth, I'm usually always the slowest :) But as an (lame) excuse, hotlapping has never been my strong suit. I'm a Button type of guy : consistent and usually good in mixed conditions :D
When i started to drive, i had also tried a thrustmaster force feedback wheel. I saw that in wheel, steering aid can be reduced and it helps you to turn the corner as you want. But in keyboard you should obey the games choice. I didnt continue with wheel because i was competing with keyboard standing. And after that season (20 years ago) i stoped playing until now. But my brother used wheel, and managed some very good laps better than keyboard in that season. This wheel should be in some where in basement. But i dont have time and place to setup it.
I think hotlap season can be done in a limited time, for example a half hour. Which also add a little stress while driving. But It should be hard to check it for directors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2022 08:35PM by ksezen.
Hello, the clue indicated by email is not being routed correctly, it is going to red bull ring.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy