> original Gp4.
>
> Gildorfs laps was very good for keyboard, and if i
> am not mistaken he beat his own laptime of season
> 1,
> so congrats on that !!.
>
> Ksezen lap was close to Gildorf and also very good
> getting his 2nd podium in a row!! congrats !!!
>
> Hinyaldee The lap is also good, its not easy, for
> sure your getting better. With practice we all get
> good at some point.
> Hang in their (Y)
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> ----------------
> Next event Canada !!. Well thats a track that i am
> extremely familiar with great results in the past
> at different type of competions.
> -----------------
>
> An idea to make it interesting in a event we could
> do wet a hotlap, we do this inserting a
> ramdom seed in Gpxpatch and setting the ammount of
> rain in the game settings.(I)(Y)

Thanks ! I should be better in Canada hopefully. I'm more comfy on that track :) Congratulations to the usual suspects !
It was hard to learn the track in Baku, long straight drives makes me lost focus. Every track looks new to me, because i dont remember them after 20 years. But Monaco was different it was kept in my mind. It might be hard for everyone to find time for game. It is also same for me sometimes. Racing comforts me, relaxes me when i need. Hope to see more guy sending lap this time.
I'll be back next weekend. Very busy on the last weeks. Montreal is one of my favourite tracks so we'll see how It's gonna be.
After countless attempts, I did a lap in 1:14.8.

Montreal is one of my favourite tracks, but I must admit that in original physics it is way more difficult than the current physics we use in hybrid cars
Montreal results!

The field was back for this round, as a total of 24 laps were submitted, the second-highest count of the season (tied with Shanghai) behind Imola with 29.

Jorge swoops the field once again, but we have another newcomer to the podium who is very happily writing these words ;)

The final chicane was the main track limits culprit this time around, catching both Jordhy and Hinyaldee on their best attempts.

The championship standings have changed from 4th all the way to 8th, myself and ksezen tied on points but untied by best results; while the top three stabilizes as fongu couldn't yet return to his driving duties.

Following a free week, we'll be back at Silverstone.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2022 07:33PM by Prblanco.
i was stucked at 1.149-1.150, i had a few laps at 1.148s but it was with save/restore mode, than as miracle i managed a lap at 1.146s i said thats the limit for me. Eventgough i tried diferent setups, all comes with same conclusion, while one sector gets better others fails. I am happy with the result, congratulations to all, especially to Paulo, being in podium was great, but now its his turn. it was fun to drive in this track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2022 07:40PM by ksezen.
Hi, my lap log doesn't show that I transgressed the track limits. It has a 2 OT which is the parameter that tells me if the loop is good or deleted. If it was 4 OT this would be for disqualification.
Jordhy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, my lap log doesn't show that I transgressed
> the track limits. It has a 2 OT which is the
> parameter that tells me if the loop is good or
> deleted. If it was 4 OT this would be for
> disqualification.

Its not only in hofxlapw 3.15 the judges rules, they also check visually inside the game.
You must have 2 wheels at least touching the white line or be inside them.

If you have doubts check inside the game for the parameters that i just described
because in the last chicane(turn 14) judges ruled you were outside.

Thats why its important to check personally the laps before sending them.(Y)

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Oh well, I was going to be last again anyway, so the invalidated lap time doesn't matter :D
Hinyaldee Wrote:
> Oh well, I was going to be last again anyway, so
> the invalidated lap time doesn't matter :D

Use my setup and try doing a lap with it and see if you can improve.
You have to keep trying, pushing your limits.
Its the only way to be better at anything.(Y)

Good laps from everyone.(Y)(Y)

This track is particularly tricky in turn 14(chicane) and i think a little more narrow than the gp4 original(atleast it looks visually).
Its so easy to be outside the white lines.

Strange that Kev(Fongu) is missing 2 events in a row. I hope he can be back soon.

Anyway it was fun, cya in the next one in silverstone witch i believe we will use Silverstone 2021 that i will release in public soon.

Kind regards
Jorge.

Hinyaldee Wrote:
> Oh well, I was going to be last again anyway, so
> the invalidated lap time doesn't matter :D

Do you know the save/restore car state option? You push shift+backspace for save and bacspace for restore.
For practicisng it realy helps, just save before the start line and try to push ypur limits, if you fail just restore and try again.
You will not used to to a formation lap.
But dont forget to uncheck it in GPxPatch for the real hotlaps. It is only for practising.
ksezen Wrote:
> Hinyaldee Wrote:
> -----
> > Oh well, I was going to be last again anyway,
> so
> > the invalidated lap time doesn't matter :D
>
> Do you know the save/restore car state option? You
> push shift+backspace for save and bacspace for
> restore.
> For practicisng it realy helps, just save before
> the start line and try to push ypur limits, if you
> fail just restore and try again.
> You will not used to to a formation lap.
> But dont forget to uncheck it in GPxPatch for the
> real hotlaps. It is only for practising.

I usually put more fuel and chain laps
JCasranti vc disse: Por isso é importante verificar pessoalmente as voltas antes de enviá-las.(S)

O unico parametro que tenho e a log do proprio GP4 e nela e nela que me oriento se e boa ou ruim, se por acaso aparecer um 4 OT ja sei que nao e valida, visualmente pelo menos pra mim é muito dificil devido a velocidade como ela e feita. Eu até errei tinha uma um pouco melhor porem a curva 14 e identica a essa que eu mandei, nao iria mudar nada. Fico confuso em saber, acho que só seria possivel usar camera lenta, isso eu nao sei fazer. Se tiver uma ajuda, agradeço.
Jordhy Wrote:
> JCasranti vc disse: Por isso é importante
> verificar pessoalmente as voltas antes de
> enviá-las.(S)
>
> O unico parametro que tenho e a log do proprio GP4
> e nela e nela que me oriento se e boa ou ruim, se
> por acaso aparecer um 4 OT ja sei que nao e
> valida, visualmente pelo menos pra mim é muito
> dificil devido a velocidade como ela e feita. Eu
> até errei tinha uma um pouco melhor porem a curva
> 14 e identica a essa que eu mandei, nao iria mudar
> nada. Fico confuso em saber, acho que só seria
> possivel usar camera lenta, isso eu nao sei fazer.
> Se tiver uma ajuda, agradeço.

Jordhy: - You must read the rules of the league.

LINK: [docs.google.com]

Look into the sporting regulations section:

Car must not leave the track with all four wheels. Track limit is the white line for all tracks unless stated otherwise by Race Control; any changes to track limit interpretation for a given race week will be published no later than Thursday 13:00 UTC

Car must have at least 2.0 laps of fuel at the start of the lap; “fuel low” cockpit message invalidates the lap

Laps will be checked with HOFxLap 3.15 and [b]by visual analysis[/b]. Replay length (Options – Graphics) must be set so that the entire lap is visible when loaded

The rules where written before the championship started. 5 other persons besides me managed to submit laps their were all legal. So it was possible to do.

Hinyaldee Wrote:
> I usually put more fuel and chain laps

Every unnecessary fuel slows you down, and chain laps cause tyre wear, and it also slows you down.
So, i am sure you can gain at least 0.5 second easly, with low fuel and fresh tyres.

Save/restore oprion helps you practise with fresh tyres and low fuel.
Check it, you will see you are much more faster in real.
Hi, let me answer a few of the doubts raised during the last couple of weeks both here and by email. Sorry for not answering before but weekdays are usually very busy for me.

First, regarding off track detection and track limits.

HOFxLap logs how many wheels you have outside tarmac surfaces, which is not the same as outside track limits. This essentialy means that a 4w off track in HOFxLap surely means you are off track limits - but a 0w doesn't mean you are inside track limits. This wasn't much of a problem in the original GP4 tracks, but as paved runoff areas became the norm in newer tracks, the log alone is not enough to determine whether a car is violating track limits.

Here's an example video: [www.youtube.com]

And here's the log for the lap in the video above (you can see it's the same lap by the laptime and file name):

See how it says "0w" off track even as I completely ignored the final chicane? That's why, again, the log alone is not enough to check whether a car is within track limits.

Second, regarding saved games and the save/restore feature.

The save/restore feature (backspace and shift+backspace shortcuts) is explicitly banned by the Regulations, and the log will detect that. Some people do use it for practicing, but for the real lap it must be disabled.

Saving and loading your game is allowed. When loading a saved game, the log will say "Session loaded from a GPxLap extended game". Some people do this to avoid driving away from the pits in every attempt, while some do this to keep record of their best sector times. Note that if you save in the middle of a hotlap and reload that game, you won't be able to save that lap (in .hl* format). You have to do the whole lap in a single game sesson to be able to save it as a hotlap. This, by itself, prevents people from trying to nail the perfect lap corner by corner, and that's why I see no issue with allowing it.

Hope this clears any doubts going forward.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2022 01:13AM by Prblanco.
Honestly I hate this Silverstone layout. This is one of the tracks where I Always struggle to make a competitive lap. Best I've done this time was 1:31.29.
SundayDriver Wrote:
> Honestly I hate this Silverstone layout. This is
> one of the tracks where I Always struggle to make
> a competitive lap. Best I've done this time was
> 1:31.29.

I just couldn't get a lap in. I've always been awful on this layout too, be it on Codies F1, rFactor 2 or Grand Prix 4 :(
SundayDriver Wrote:
> Honestly I hate this Silverstone layout. This is
> one of the tracks where I Always struggle to make
> a competitive lap. Best I've done this time was
> 1:31.29.

Hi,
I had a look at your lap.
In turn 3 you completely miss the apex on the right turn.
In magots and beckets you brake way too late, its always best their to brake early and exit much quicker.
Last in the final chicane you also missed the apex my some margin.
Overal time lost its around 6 to 8 tenths.

On my end with the Hard tyre i managed a 1m30.3, with the soft I am already into the 1m29s. I will upload later this last lap.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy