Grand Prix 4 Installation Tutorial (Windows 11)

Posted by PWM 
Grand Prix 4 Installation Tutorial (Windows 11)
Date: February 17, 2022 08:51AM
Posted by: PWM
Basic GP4 installation tutorial for n00bs. In this one it's installed on Windows 11 but of course also applies to Windows 10 just the same.

I know all the information is already on the forums, but perhaps this will reach more "casual" players who are not active in grandprixgames.org. Sharing the tutorial here is kinda preaching to the choir but feedback is always appreciated since there's a good chance I've forgotten something. Also if someone knows a solution to the separate pedal axes -problem with Thrustmaster wheels I'd be very grateful!

Re: Grand Prix 4 Installation Tutorial (Windows 11)
Date: February 17, 2022 08:29PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
the tutorial is good except that you should NOT install it to Program Files, Desktop, Documents or any similar dirs. For some windows security reasons, this will prevent tools (such as GP4tweaker or CSM) to run properly. The best way is to simply install it to C:\ drive (like C:\Grand Prix 4 or C:\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 f. e.)

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: February 18, 2022 11:18AM
Posted by: zifox
Even better, you should have a separate hard drive dedicated to the various installs of GP4 you'll end up with if you start modding it. ;)
Date: February 19, 2022 04:52AM
Posted by: TomMK
Or you could just take the easy option: [www.gp4central.com]

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: February 21, 2022 09:49AM
Carl_gpgames Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the tutorial is good except that you should NOT
> install it to Program Files, Desktop, Documents or
> any similar dirs. For some windows security
> reasons, this will prevent tools (such as
> GP4tweaker or CSM) to run properly. The best way
> is to simply install it to C:\ drive (like
> C:\Grand Prix 4 or C:\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 f.
> e.)

Good point, thanks :) I was way too vague about this on the video, I added a note about this in the video description so people will see it when they go after the downloads.

TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Or you could just take the easy option:
> [www.gp4central.com]

Using the ready patched version of the game is indeed easier :D However I tried an "out-of-box" version myself but it didn't run. Don't know what the problem was or if it even was the gp4central -version (it was couple years ago) but after that I've always done the installation manually since it's quite straight forward. Also it's a good option to have in case they re-commercialize the game one way or the other and they have to take online copies down.
Date: April 22, 2022 08:06AM
My tutorial on installing GP4 on Windows 11/10 was removed by YouTube for being "harmful content". I'm very sorry for creating this harmful content. Hopefully everyone is ok. Thankfully it's gone now.

Also I was planning to make a video about the installer by Carl but I'm sure that would be harmful too so I do not dare.
Date: April 22, 2022 09:07AM
Posted by: zifox
WTF !?! :-o

Oh wait, I know, it's because of Windows 11 ! ;)

I guess you don't have more info about what's harmful ? Can you appeal ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2022 09:07AM by zifox.
hi,carl.How do you do?Do you still remember me and the weird tsm issue?
Could you please tell me what would cause a tsm?
Do you think there is some files working in a wrong place?By the way,i'm using the latest windows 11 build 22598.ni_release.220408-1503
Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy