Trying to build my own 2021 CSM Mod

Posted by MrRace 
Trying to build my own 2021 CSM Mod
Date: January 14, 2022 07:20PM
Posted by: MrRace
Hello everyone,

I tryed Carl's excellent F1 2021 CSM Mod, but I can't get the game working. My goal is to use this Mod similar to the 1991 and 2003 Mods in CSM, that I have installed. They are running good. After installing the CSM file, for first time into CSM to the other Mods, after problems, I tried to install it to a another directiony as he suggested to. In both phases, the Mod is so big and intensive. My Grand Prix 4 have been completely gone worse. The old Mods had now the 2021 Menu graphics too. So I decided to deinstall and installed the game fresh again.

Now my CSM have the 1991 and 2003 F1 Mods again, everything runs fine. Last month I tried the no CSM version on my old laptop. The CPU and Intel 3000 graphic card aren't good enough for this and I don't want to destroy Grand Prix 4 again. So I startet to build my own, simle 2021 Mod and create a template in CSM.

I installed all the newest updated cars (e.g. Jiddah and Abu Dhabi versions, Ferrari 2.0) manually by creating Team folders in Cars folder. I don't want to have season updates. Only the latest version of a car, copying all files into the Team folder. For the 11th Team I decided the fantasy 2021 Martini Porsche. The cars are working and run much better on that old laptop as before.

Now is the point: All my created tweaker content won't load in CSM. How can I change that? The cars have the old tyres and helmets atm.

I try to understand how to install the helmets, pitcrews, steering wheels, cockpit and the grid car files only. I dont need performance files or team arts in game menu. Just simple cars. In nearly every CSM Mod there are too much information in the .ini files that I can't understand how. I think it is because of the season updates and a lot of different helmet versions. How can I simply install that for one whole season?

I tried copy and paste from 2021 Mod but that does not work. Thanks for help.
Re: Trying to build my own 2021 CSM Mod
Date: January 14, 2022 10:35PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
did you try the "1 track/carset only" option? except you reduce the size of the textures i can't think of anything which would make the mod heavy (at least using another csm structure won't change that). did you try to change the graphics options in the mod?
rebuilding the entire mod to a new structure is a really hard work and i fear it will not solve your problem.

you can also try to replace the f1graphics.cfg line in csm.ini with the one from an empty mod. like that you can sort out if it's any graphics option that causes your issues.

edit: helmets are usually in the helmets folder with its options in either "default.ini" or "helmets.ini" (open the csm files in a text editor and assign the correct file). tyres can either be changed in gpxset.ini and/or in the performance files (best to have a look at the gpxpatch docs).

edit 2: to understand the sctructure of a csm mod, have a look here: [www.mediafire.com]

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2022 10:43PM by Carl_gpgames.
Date: January 15, 2022 01:36AM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Oh man. Don't make 2021 mod. That was a crap season. The best years of Formula One will always be 1998 to 2004. Hakkinen and Schumacher winning the titles. ;) (Y)
Date: January 15, 2022 10:36AM
Posted by: Hinyaldee
TGF1Driver2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh man. Don't make 2021 mod. That was a crap
> season. The best years of Formula One will always
> be 1998 to 2004. Hakkinen and Schumacher winning
> the titles. ;) (Y)

Here, you forgot this : :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy