I'm happy that in GP4 is no safety car and no race director

Posted by TGF1Driver2 
Hello guys. Since yesterday I'm really happy that we have no safety car and race director in GP4, only the short black flags (especially in Monza). What happened yesterday in Abu Dhabi is by far the greatest scandal in motorsports history. Why are there rules when the race director can do whatever he wants? Next year he might decide that all drivers have to complete a lab in reverse gear or they have to stop during the race, dance one lap around the car and then can go on. Really? Shame on you FIA. I really hope that Mercedes GP will win in protest vocation and get the title for Hamilton. Verstappen is a great driver, but he got the title donated by the race director who broke the rules without any visible reason. I don't accept Verstappen's title. He got an crucial advantage by race director doing strange things. This is not how you want to win a Championship title. However, I'm happy that in GP4 you can race straight on even when the whole track is blocked. You never loose your whole lead because of the stupid safety car. And that's why I love GP4 so much and that's why I will never play any other Formula 1 racing game ever again. :-) (Y) If you want, you can share your opinions as well, if not, just delete my post. I just wanted to share my opinion about that controversy, yesterday I got already offended for my opinion on Facebook. I don't know why people cannot discuss in a neutral and polite way there. :( hot Thank you.

Your TGF1DRIVER
Hey,

I have no idea of what you're on about, I don't watch / follow F1 anymore, it got boring many years back. ;-)

You should watch MotoGP or Superbike, there may be some negative sides to it, but at least there is real fights on the track, it's entertaining from start to end. :)
zifox schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey,
>
> I have no idea of what you're on about, I don't
> watch / follow F1 anymore, it got boring many
> years back. ;-)
>
> You should watch MotoGP or Superbike, there may be
> some negative sides to it, but at least there is
> real fights on the track, it's entertaining from
> start to end. :)

I'm driving my own GP4 championships since many years. And that's the most interesting thing in motorsports for me, because I'm directly included as a driver there. ;) (H)
Im not happy that GP4 has no SC bec more realism is great.
Also wasnt aware of your post so I made a thread in a proper section:
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Calm down, first SC on GP4 would be great. It's a legal rule if it's not used to manipulate the result, as happened yesterday. But it wasn't just the SC, but the entire procedure. It was like changing the rules of the game with the game going. I was also very disappointed, I tried to accept defeat. But as it turned out, I also hope that Mercedes gets that title in court. It is not the best way, but it is certainly the fairest.
Poor pit stop by strategy by Mercedes cost them dear when the last lap sprint happened, I think they have learnt a thing from this race and come back even stronger next year.
I would not write them off so easily although regulations from 2022 onwards are quite different.

Kimi forever!
livejackass schrieb:
> Calm down, first SC on GP4 would be great. It's a
> legal rule if it's not used to manipulate the
> result, as happened yesterday. But it wasn't just
> the SC, but the entire procedure. It was like
> changing the rules of the game with the game
> going. I was also very disappointed, I tried to
> accept defeat. But as it turned out, I also hope
> that Mercedes gets that title in court. It is not
> the best way, but it is certainly the fairest.

I absolutely agree with you. Let's see how long the fight for that title will go on.
As a former sled dog champion driver I learnt: "Anything can happen in a dog race" and: "to finish f i r s t you have to f i n i s h first". Seems to me it's just the same in motor racing... ;-)
Sometimes I wonder why so many fans admire Senna or Michael Schumacher in spite of their sometimes dirty tricks when it came to win or loose a championship. Undoubtedly they earn admiration for their skills and success although a bit overshadowed by some of their actions.
I can't see why Max should not be the champion of the past season considering his efforts and bad luck he had to overcome. It would certainly be a desaster anyway for the image of F1 if FIA would hand over the title to Lewis, that's for sure. I wouldn't like to win that way and I don't think Lewis would. He is still the most complete and successful driver of the past decade and will stay that for a long while...
Races and titles must be won on the track, not by lawyers on the green table. It can't be the fault of the driver if officials make questionable decisions.
I am a Ferrari fan all my life and i only cheer for the ferrari drivers. REMEMBER THIS.

In my view after all the years i have watched F1 i never saw so much comunications between the race director and team principals during the races
and one of them in particular telling the race director what to do or not !!!. Team principals ARE NOT STEWARDES !!! Those stewardesses decide, not the race director.

I also never in all the years i have watched F1 i never saw a driver take out a driver out of the race(his main rival for the WDC) wining the race and only getting a 10sec penalty while his rival had to go to the hospital !!!
and cutting the lead from 30 points to 5 points advantage up to that race !!!.

So their is no way as a F1 fan to agree to your inicial start of the thread TGF1Driver2.
Sorry, but thats how i see it.

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Yea Im not a fan of winning title in court, but it's just Maci has spoiled everything with the decision that deployed a completely new-taken-out-of-arse procedure of letting SOME people by and keeping the rest of the field behind just like their race doesnt matter and it was a racing between the first two and not 20 cars on the field. It would be questionable if it is fair or not and so on - IF SUCH THING HAS HAPPENED AT LEAST ONCE BEFORE. But this was a completely new interpretation of rules, that allowed one driver to beat another for a CHAMPIONSHIP. Lol, how's that fair - it is beyond my comprehension...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2021 03:18AM by Soutsen.
Verstappen is a great driver. So he doesn't need to win a championship with a spot. Justifying this stain with past decisions, like Silverstone's, seems to me just an excuse not to see the absurdity that took place in Abu Dhabi. With all respect.
I think if were going to complain about the result, lets not complain about just part of it. We could start with the begining where Hamilton should have given the place back but instead was gifted it by the race stewards.
The race director made a complete mess of the race toward the end for sure. Still, Mercedes had choices the could have pitted. As for Verstappen that boy raced hard to the end and in the end he got it. I can sleep, I dont care about the court case it wont change the result.
Looking forward to next year when things will be a little different and most Gps at least, wont be car dependent , but rather driver.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
You have certainly made an important point, Isaint. I really hope that next year the driver will make a big difference, although I have some doubts about that.

About 2021 we can argue forever about what happened in the last race or throughout the year and everyone with their point of view has their share of reason.

What I really hope is that the race director will be less important in the next championship, and that the best team and driver will win without a shadow.
livejackass Wrote:
> You have certainly made an important point,
> Isaint. I really hope that next year the driver
> will make a big difference, although I have some
> doubts about that.
>
> About 2021 we can argue forever about what
> happened in the last race or throughout the year
> and everyone with their point of view has their
> share of reason.
>
> What I really hope is that the race director will
> be less important in the next championship, and
> that the best team and driver will win without a
> shadow.

(Y)(Y)(Y)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
livejackass Wrote:
> What I really hope is that the race director will
> be less important in the next championship, and
> that the best team and driver will win without a
> shadow.

The race director does not make the decissions, thats the job of the stewardesses.
Perhaps some people forget that...

Toto Wolf already sent a congratulation to Verstappen. Cased closed, move on, etc.
Nothing to gain by argumenting who did what and when.

JCaranti Wrote:
> livejackass Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What I really hope is that the race director
> will
> > be less important in the next championship, and
> > that the best team and driver will win without
> a
> > shadow.
>
> The race director does not make the decissions,
> thats the job of the stewardesses.
> Perhaps some people forget that...
>
> Toto Wolf already sent a congratulation to
> Verstappen. Cased closed, move on, etc.
> Nothing to gain by argumenting who did what and
> when.

But this I do for pleasure, it's not to gain anything. (H)(B)
livejackass Wrote:
> But this I do for pleasure, it's not to gain
> anything. (H)(B)

Its clear your are Hamilton ultra fanatic.
I rest my case.

JCaranti Wrote:
> livejackass Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > But this I do for pleasure, it's not to gain
> > anything. (H)(B)
>
> Its clear your are Hamilton ultra fanatic.
> I rest my case.

Fanatic? Oh really? A feather. Maybe you are too sure friend. Including how the stewards work, but really it's better to finish the conversation on my part, because as I said I talk for the pleasure, because F1 is my favorite sport, but not to convince anyone of something.

Cheers
The sharing of private messages in the forum is against the rules. That usually gets the offender banned from the site. This topic is now closed.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2021 07:15PM by mortal.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy