Photogrammetry

Posted by viking75 
Photogrammetry
Date: November 26, 2021 12:53PM
Posted by: viking75
Hello everybody

I found this vidéo on youtube for Asseto corsa. Do you think it's possible to do the same thing with GP4 using photogrammetry ? There's a link at the words LIEN DE TÉLÉCHARGEMENT

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Photogrammetry
Date: November 26, 2021 02:04PM
I just saw on wikipédia what's photogrammétrie. It's very complicated and I understand now my question is very crazy. Pity cause it would be very awesome.
Date: November 26, 2021 03:10PM
Posted by: Excalibur
I wish it was possible :-)
Unfortunately, photogrammetry creates a 3d mesh from a picture with millions of polygons and vertices and GP4 can't handle this. Lightening source and shadows are baked into the picture, which make it real.
But even into the AC video, the 3d scenery has been cleaned up because of the engine limitations.
But I think that this is the future of the video games and certainly the future of race simulations games :-)
Great work from the author of the video, anyway! (Y)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2021 03:16PM by Excalibur.
Date: November 26, 2021 03:22PM
So, what I said was not so ridiculous :-)
Date: November 27, 2021 07:33PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
I wouldn't like to drive in this country, people seem to be very dangerous in the real life video.

Date: December 02, 2021 09:24PM
Posted by: zifox
viking75 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, what I said was not so ridiculous :-)

It all depends on the amount of work you put into this. For the reasons mentionned above, it's not possible to simply feed GP4 with the data. You'll need to rework everything: simplify / fix meshes, redo textures etc...

It could be an excellent start to create a track, but still a lot of "manual" work to have something usable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy