issue with TeamEditor

Posted by JebMotorsport 
issue with TeamEditor
Date: October 25, 2021 07:01AM
Posted by: JebMotorsport
For some reason, TeamEditor 3.5 (which was previously working just fine) has decided not to open. If I try to start the program, it simply gives me this error message:

I don't know much French, but it seems I have been locked out of my own program. I've cleaned the registry, reinstalled GP4 twice but nothing works. If anyone could help, or point me in the direction of an alternative performance editing tool, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Jeb
Re: issue with TeamEditor
Date: October 25, 2021 12:50PM
Posted by: luis_trzn386
I'm having this same issue currently and tried cleaning the register as well. Hopefully there will be a solution :(
Date: October 25, 2021 06:16PM
Posted by: Noog
When you say you cleaned the registry, did you clean BOTH entries?

In WinXP you have:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Lo2k's Tools

and

HKEY_USERS > S-15-21 -blah blah > Lo2k's Tools

Deleting both folders usually fixes the error you're getting, whenever I get it, which is usually when I have deleted the game folder it thinks it needs. Don't worry if you have other apps by Lo2k in those folders by the way. They'll fix themselves next time you use them.

Now, copy the TeamEditor folder to your game folder and run it again. It should do the rest for you.

If that doesn't help, don't forget you can edit the performance files directly in notepad and the GP4Tweak will do most of the other stuff that Team Editor does too.

(There might be a bug with super-huge cars.wad files also, but I might be thinking of something else. Is your cars.wad fairly normal, ie less than 900mb or so?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2021 06:16PM by Noog.
Date: October 26, 2021 09:00AM
Posted by: luis_trzn386
Hi!

That worked, thank you very much! I had only delete one of the two register entries. Deleted the other one and I could access TeamEditor with no problem. Thanks!!!

Actually, that thing you said about txt files and GP4Tweak sounds interesting. Will have to check that out.

Once again thank you very much! Cheers
Date: October 26, 2021 11:02PM
Posted by: JebMotorsport
I managed to fix it by reinstalling both GP4 and Team Editor into a different folder on my other hard drive, deleting the registry and restarting my PC. Thanks again for the help Noog!
Date: October 27, 2021 03:56PM
Posted by: Noog
More than welcome guys.

Just a quick heads up to both of you:

I don't use CSM (other than when I'm installing a brand new mod for the first time), because I'm primarily Linux user and CSM doesn't work well under WINE.
Point is though, once I have the mod up and running how I like it I save the entire game folder as a zip file and I renew the zip each time I play a season, to update car setups or maintain improvements I've made etc.

So what?

Well I haven't re-installed GP4 since about 2007. I just unzip the mod folder I want to use and get racing.
Plus, if you use the same game folder name for all your mods, you'll never get those annoying registry errors either.

(Keep a default GP4 installation zipped up too, for CSM to work with when you install a new mod - the patched one on GP4Central is a good choice).

I'm not necessarily saying it's the best or most efficient way of doing things (I actually de-CSM all the mods I play to save space eventually), but it works well for me and it might be worth considering if you have the storage space. These days I have over 40 'installations' zipped up and ready to play in a few seconds and I never get any problems at all. That said however, even if you only have space to keep one working installation zipped up, it'll help you with your fault finding next time you do get an error.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy