Re: Grandprix 4 Mods 2020 and 2021 on sale on ebay
Date: October 25, 2021 07:31PM
Posted by: maxmax
Unfortunately, the 2019 mod is also on sale at this link

[www.ebay.it]
Date: October 26, 2021 11:35AM
Posted by: zifox
Agree with Samuele, this behavior is disgusting and sad at the same time but there's nothing platforms like ebay will do.

That said I doubt many people will buy it, and obviously it's raging to think that people may earn money on our work, but i don't think it's worth losing time about that.
The best thing to do IMHO is to advertise GPG as much as possible in the mods, adding readmes and messages to warn people that they shouldn't pay for that. (I doubt that dick of a seller would go through mod files to purge such messages).

I'm always wondering if it could be a good idea to add a few banners/ads on the track ? I've been tempted to put one when I updated Jerez, could be nice to see an advert for the forum.
Date: October 26, 2021 10:02PM
Posted by: JCaranti
zifox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The best thing to do IMHO is to advertise GPG as
> much as possible in the mods, adding readmes and
> messages to warn people that they shouldn't pay
> for that. (I doubt that dick of a seller would go
> through mod files to purge such messages).
>
> I'm always wondering if it could be a good idea to
> add a few banners/ads on the track ? I've been
> tempted to put one when I updated Jerez, could be
> nice to see an advert for the forum.

I beat you to that idea years ago:

Barcelona 2016

Shanghai 2019

Montreal 2013 to 2018 promotes Gp4forever in the backstraight 200mts after the hairpin.

Their more tracks i put more adverts. (Y)

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Date: October 28, 2021 08:05PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
This crap again? Really? I feel for all you guys, with the amazing job all you modders do for us.

I really hope you guys keep sharing, don't let this bastard take GP4 away from us! And you have to keep this in mind:

I really doubt he will ever sell these mods for that amount of money. When people want to try this game, they come to this site (or discord) to learn how to mod the game... for free.
That's what happened after Aidan Millard made a Youtube video about GP4. Alot of new members showed up and they can't miss that we share files for free.
Nobody in their right mind will ever buy a mod that would cost more than the game itself would nowdays. If that's any concilation for you guys.

Don't get me wrong, what he's doing will never be okay. But he will not get anything from it, don't worry. He will not get any credit either, since people won't buy it.
And since we can't do much about it, maybe we report to Ebay and then move on. Hopefully.

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: October 28, 2021 08:44PM
Posted by: Jan88666
Perhaps it would help if something could be built in somewhere as "advertising" on signs or something similar that mods cost no money and that are available for download on the various pages? If something like this is possible, it can be built in.
It is not in the spirit of the inventor, but if it helps it slowly stops, so much the better
Date: November 04, 2021 06:34PM
Posted by: airbusa380
:-( (N)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2021 06:35PM by airbusa380.
Date: November 06, 2021 04:22PM
Posted by: JRAJ1999
He is ghosting this site and GP4 Forever, or he is either signed up to this site and GP4 forever.

He is using the charity of people, (when you create something and release to the public for nothing in my view it's charitable.) to make money which is sickening.

So the only action which can be taken is complaining to ebay which is like having a chocolate tea pot, is it possible to make the mods available only to people who have accounts on this site?

My only positive is that this seller seems to be localised just to the Italian Ebay whilst most people know that GP4 mods/tracks are for free, maybe a youtube video exposing this person might be a course of action.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2021 04:25PM by JRAJ1999.
Date: November 06, 2021 04:45PM
For the umpteenth time I repeat that ebay does not care about these people, our mods from the past years until 2017, are still for sale on ebay, many reports have been made, and zero answers, the same ebay declares that if a seller makes a mistake in selling something, he does it in good faith, it's just a waste of time and that's it, but for those who want to try to contact ebay, they can do it freely and quietly
Date: November 12, 2021 04:27AM
Posted by: Nickharper
nooooo again rrggghhh wtf
Date: November 13, 2021 11:12AM
Posted by: Stoopid
The two links in the first post now appear to be broken.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: November 13, 2021 01:52PM
Yes you have right confirm this, links broken, i hope someone had them removed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy