1991 mod AI to slow

Posted by Roadwarrior 
1991 mod AI to slow
Date: September 20, 2021 12:55AM
Posted by: Roadwarrior
I recently came back to GP4 and started a full 1991 season mod but i have issues with the AI cars being to slow. The skill level is on ace with no driving aids and on Phoenix the gap i put on the AI is like 3 seconds per lap, it becomes very boring..i donwloaded the 1991 trackpack made by cleberpister, thanks for any help
Re: 1991 mod AI to slow
Date: September 20, 2021 02:03AM
Posted by: landex
Ai to slow, or you to fast?
Phoenix 1991 was +- 1:24,00 min lap.
Date: September 20, 2021 02:29AM
Im doing middle 1:19s with the Ferrari while the second is usually low 1:22s. What i think it is odd is the AI behavior on tuns, they go to wide. I dont know if this happens only on this track since i just started GP4 straight into the season

Edit: changed some values in the Magic Data but still i can easily pull away from the second.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2021 03:11AM by Roadwarrior.
Date: September 20, 2021 03:21AM
Maybe the ccline it's not good enough.
If the tracks are the same you have to see if have maybe to much human grip on the physics file.
Date: September 20, 2021 05:48PM
Posted by: tmlcure
I think the problem really is only in Phoenix track. Not in the mod.

You will be way faster with any mods using Phoenix 1991 track.

And yes on some fast corners AI practically almost stop when you can go full throttle.

Lovely track but would be nice if someone with skill would take a look at it. :)

Here you will find wonderful things for 1991 mod for other tracks.

[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: September 21, 2021 12:49AM
I will take a look this days. I see on 1991 phoenix.
If you say on the corners they could be faster than its a cc-line issue.
Date: September 21, 2021 12:54AM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Phoenix 1991 is a great track! When you change the gearbox settings before the race you can reach 360 to 370 kph with no problems there. It's so much fun to race through a city with more than 100 meters per second! (H) (Y) ;) (B)
Date: September 21, 2021 02:43AM
Roadwarrior, I made a fix on the dat, I dont know if my dat corresponds with your wad file.
phoenix1991

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2021 02:46AM by landex.
Date: September 22, 2021 04:15AM
It worked, now im back to normal in 3rd or 4th in qualifying. I have noticed that this issue only happens in phoenix because i raced at San Marino and was struggling to keep up with Mclaren and Williams, looks like your file took a lot of unreal grip out, on the original the car is glued on the tarmac.
Date: September 24, 2021 05:59PM
Posted by: tmlcure
landex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Roadwarrior, I made a fix on the dat, I dont
> know if my dat corresponds with your wad file.
> phoenix1991

Works for me too. Ferrari was mid 1.22min now for me. Great work Landex.

Senna on other level with Rot Teufel's excellent performance files that really
mirrors the whole season quite realistically.

1991 was a season where qualification tyres did phenomenal lap times.
Date: January 07, 2024 02:43PM
Posted by: NicoMinardi
I've been trying to fix this issue for my entire Saturday yesterday :-/ I am doing 19's with the Minardi - several seconds faster than the fastest AI... And no matter where I place the DAT above, it has no effect. I drove the Ferrari to check out if there is a difference, but it appears to be the exact same car, grip, power... Can anyone help? Where did you put that DAT file to make it work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2024 02:50PM by NicoMinardi.
Date: January 07, 2024 09:16PM
I would really appreciate if someone could help me - I have a 100% Ace YouTube series planned and can't go ahead with it like this :-(
Date: January 07, 2024 09:50PM
Posted by: thestig88
Are you using CSM / TSM for the 1991 mod? If so you need to go to the Phoenix track folder in Grand Prix 4/Tracks directory.

Copy the dat file mentioned above. Open the settings.ini file in the track folder. Where it says for example Dat=S1CT16.dat ensure the name of the dat file you copied to the folder is the same as this part of the file.

Try this and let us know if this resolve the issue.
Date: January 07, 2024 10:00PM
Thank you for your time! I use CSM / TSM.

In the "Tracks" folder I have a "1991 Phoenix" folder. In that folder is a settings.ini. The line says "Dat=S1CTPhoenix.dat". I downloaded the "fixed" dat file above and renamed it "S1CTPhoenix.dat" and put it in the same folder as the settings.ini (within 1991 Phoenix). I am at a loss of what else to try at this point :-(
Date: January 08, 2024 01:56AM
Sometimes the CSM don't assume the magic data of .day.
Try to run the track without CSM and choose the performance file you want.
Date: January 08, 2024 12:42PM
landex schrieb:
> Sometimes the CSM don't assume the magic data of .
> day.
> Try to run the track without CSM and choose the pe
> rformance file you want.

Hey Landex. I don't understand. Without CSM I won't have the right cars/names etc. no? If I manually place the track in the GP4 Circuits folder and start the game via GPx it would ignore the rest of the mod, no?
Date: January 08, 2024 09:25PM
there is way to make csm mod in alone:

1. Run the CSM;
2. While running, go out of Gp4 window, copy the all folder where the CSM mod is running to another empty folder,Per. ex.: "gp4 1991";
3. When all copied, close the CSM game, and start the GPxPatch in the new folder, make the changes you like and start!

At the end you can delete all files that you dont need in the new "gp4 1991" folder.
Date: January 08, 2024 09:30PM
I tried a few more hours today, reinstalling everything. Then I tried what you suggested, I placed the .wad and .dat manually (overwritting the first Grand Prix, the Australian one). Now GP4 doesn't get to the menu, its just black.
Date: January 08, 2024 09:32PM
Honestly, nothing I try works. I wonder why it worked for the 2 people above and what they did exactly to make it work since they seemed to have my exact issue?
Date: January 09, 2024 12:23AM
NicoMinardi Wrote:
> I tried a few more hours today, reinstalling every
> thing. Then I tried what you suggested, I placed t
> he .wad and .dat manually (overwritting the first
> Grand Prix, the Australian one). Now GP4 doesn't g
> et to the menu, its just black.

Unfortunately, you can't overwrite the wad file. The .dat file yes, that's no problem but can't be overwritten.
Since your problem is the AI cars are too slow, you can try with gpxpatch choose the.dat file of phoenix 1991 and on the qualifying a accelerate time to see the times. Even if the . wad file it's wrong.

To make the .wad file working, it must rename the wad file to the one you are swapping, per ex. Phoenix1991 to Melbourne1991 and some files of the waf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy