CPU cars running out of fuel?

Posted by Fisienthusiast 
CPU cars running out of fuel?
Date: September 12, 2021 06:56PM
Posted by: Fisienthusiast
Hi again,

A minor issue that has crept up in just one Mod. For some reason the CPU cars run out of fuel at the last corner. They start with the same fuel levels as myself it appears (This mod shows all cars' fuel levels)

I DM'd the creater of the mod who advised me it was the Track MD - However, I am playing on the original GP4 tracklist and this problem does not occur if I play Gp4 patch with original carsets etc

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, how can it be resolved?
Re: CPU cars running out of fuel?
Date: September 12, 2021 10:18PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Hi. This happens when the car power is too high for GP4. I'm suffering this problem since many years already. I think you can change the values in the magic data file of each track, but you have to do each track separately then. I don't think that there's another solution for this problem. :( hot
Date: September 12, 2021 10:41PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
this is not a "problem". it's just if you change the physics of the cars (weight for example), which most of the mods do, the magic data and in particualar the amount of fuel will not match the actual fuel consumption anymore. so yes, you will have to edit the magic data.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: September 12, 2021 11:01PM
Hi,

Thanks for confirming. To be clear, where would I find the magic data, my guess would be in the tracks or in the performance files inside the carset/mod? If it is the magic data of the tracks, these the the original gp4 tracks, not ones that have been installed via TSM, so not sure where I can find/edit the data for them

I know this may sounds like a pretty stupid question, but I have never seen "magic data" files outside of TSM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2021 11:09PM by Fisienthusiast.
Date: September 13, 2021 12:48AM
Posted by: Foreverk
Here you can find all related to magic data: Magic Data Discussion
Date: September 13, 2021 09:03PM
Foreverk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here you can find all related to magic data: Magic
> Data Discussion

Hi,

Thanks for this, am I able to edit the original GP4 2001 track this way? As I have mentioned, I am not using any mod tracks.
Date: September 13, 2021 09:18PM
Posted by: Foreverk
Yes, I guess Tommk have modified the magic data in original tracks already, here or in GP4central you can download, here: TomMK´s Magic Data 2001 Remastered
Date: September 13, 2021 09:53PM
Foreverk Wrote:
> Yes, I guess Tommk have modified the magic data in
> original tracks already, here or in GP4central you
> can download, here: TomMK´s Magic Data 2001
> Remastered

Ok, thank you!

I will look into this before I next have a session. It is odd as it is only happening in this one mod, all the others are grand with or without a customer tracklist
Date: September 17, 2021 10:02PM
Posted by: landex
There are mods where most of the cars get out of fuel before the race ends. But I saw last months some real grand prix from 1986, for instance, Imola, and it happen the same!(Y);)
It was so great, 1986 was that issue in the real world.
We can simulate it, the problem is that ai-cars cant save fuel. Sometimes I have less than 1 lap fuel, but, by driving with low revs I manage to get to the boxes, of course by losing some positions.
Anyone who try that?
By the way, there is no way to simulate not to re-fuel?
Date: September 19, 2021 04:59PM
Posted by: SundayDriver
If you want to have a race without pit stops you can change your Magic data files, setting all the cars to stop a lap later than the actual race distance (i.e. 100% of cars pitting on lap 59 in Melbourne). So basically all the cars will make the race without pit stop (except if they have an issue like eletrical problem during the race).

By default, all the cars will start with 60.9 units of fuel.

You also have to change fuel2 (variable responsible for consumption on CC cars) values in Magic Data files. Now things got a little bit more difficult. You have to figure out which number will make fuel consumption high enough to make some cars retiring. I've made this formula:

Fuel in the tank/Race Laps = Consumption ratio

So using Melbourne as an example, it would be 60.9/58 = 1.05.

So, you must set fuel2 numbers in Magic Data Files to something around 106% of the actual number you have in your Magic data file.

Obviously, it will only work if the consumption ratio is 1:1. So it is necessary to check this previously.

Let's say fuel2 variable in Magic Data File is set with 17000. Basically you have to calculate 17000 * 1.06 = 18020.

This is the new value you have to set in your Magic data file in order to make some cars stopping without fuel in the very last lap of the race.

Will it work with all cars? No. It will work in some cars and only with some drivers and it depends on values in the performance files as well.

I used this formula for old season mods like 1980, 1982, 1984, 1985 and 1986 but you must set each and every Magic data file for each track you will race in order to have the expected result.
Date: September 20, 2021 01:58AM
Posted by: landex
Thanks SundayDriver is very useful. I have to test it. 1st without pitstop. 2nd pitstop without refueling, only for types.:-)
It takes time to test it.
Date: September 21, 2021 10:32PM
Foreverk Wrote:
> Here you can find all related to magic data: Magic
> Data Discussion

Hi, thanks for this. Sadly, the issue I have is I have no idea WHERE to locate the magicdata to edit this. These are the original tracks in the gp4 patch downloaded from Gp4central, not a mod tracklist in TSM. I cannot for the life of me find any information as to where the magicdata is located for me to edit the duel levels.

can someone please tell me where I can find this so I can resolve the problem?
Date: September 21, 2021 10:37PM
SundayDriver Wrote:
> If you want to have a race without pit stops you
> can change your Magic data files, setting all the
> cars to stop a lap later than the actual race
> distance (i.e. 100% of cars pitting on lap 59 in
> Melbourne). So basically all the cars will make
> the race without pit stop (except if they have an
> issue like eletrical problem during the race).
>
> By default, all the cars will start with 60.9
> units of fuel.
>
> You also have to change fuel2 (variable
> responsible for consumption on CC cars) values in
> Magic Data files. Now things got a little bit more
> difficult. You have to figure out which number
> will make fuel consumption high enough to make
> some cars retiring. I've made this formula:
>
> Fuel in the tank/Race Laps = Consumption ratio
>
> So using Melbourne as an example, it would be
> 60.9/58 = 1.05.
>
> So, you must set fuel2 numbers in Magic Data Files
> to something around 106% of the actual number you
> have in your Magic data file.
>
> Obviously, it will only work if the consumption
> ratio is 1:1. So it is necessary to check this
> previously.
>
> Let's say fuel2 variable in Magic Data File is set
> with 17000. Basically you have to calculate 17000
> * 1.06 = 18020.
>
> This is the new value you have to set in your
> Magic data file in order to make some cars
> stopping without fuel in the very last lap of the
> race.
>
> Will it work with all cars? No. It will work in
> some cars and only with some drivers and it
> depends on values in the performance files as
> well.
>
> I used this formula for old season mods like 1980,
> 1982, 1984, 1985 and 1986 but you must set each
> and every Magic data file for each track you will
> race in order to have the expected result.

Hi, where within the mod/csm/tsm/wherever am I able to edit the original gp4 tracks? I am not using mod tracks so cannot find the magicdata. I cannot find any information on where I am able to edit them in the magicdata topic. Any help is greatly appreciated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2021 10:38PM by Fisienthusiast.
Date: September 24, 2021 04:23AM
Posted by: SundayDriver
Try to reduce power output values in performance data files (probably 30 HP would be enough). It is an alternative that would prevent cars running out of fuel.
Date: September 24, 2021 02:28PM
Posted by: Soutsen
@OP, use this link to operate with magic data. You have to locate your gp4.exe file and extract the magic data from the tracks you want to and edit it with the basic windows notepad.
[www.mediafire.com]

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy