Tocacinpa Track Colombia

Posted by RuiTap 
Re: Tocacinpa Track Colombia
Date: July 23, 2021 12:23AM
Posted by: livejackass
On this site there are some build models that might fit, I'm doing some testing and will share it here soon. The eiffel tower for example you get the model here.

[archive3d.net]

But of course for those who are familiar with modeling, this is an unnecessary resource :)
Date: July 23, 2021 02:47AM
Posted by: viking75
RuiTap écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course it is ! I love your city... for me a
> track in it should always pass by "l' Étoile et
> l'Arc du triomphe" and why not near the pyramid in
> the Louvre?
> As I said before in other topics , I d'ont
> necessarily want to make real circuits but those
> with better landscapes and beautiful buildings.
> The problem with Paris is that there are a lot of
> those !!!
> In my Lisbon track I had to collect a single
> texture for every building from Google maps, then
> remove all the garbadge from them, edit each one
> and finally apply in a 3d box.
> And most of them had simple geometry... in Paris
> you have a lot of beautiful buildings with complex
> geometry ( Eiffel tower, L'Opera, The Louvre, etc)
> so its a job for one year.

I understand what you say but it was not what I meaned. I don't particularly want that you or someone else built Paris : I just meant that everybody must be proud of his hometown but I think that on this forum we all have the same human value : portuguese, french, english, german, spanish or what you want. Every track of any country is good to be built for GP4. So you're wrong when you said that all the Brasilians of this communauty must create more brasilian tracks (if I well understood). I think it's because you are portuguese. You're wrong cause I'm not portuguese but I built Macau track in last april. As you know, Macau was portuguese possession during several centuries before to give back to China about 1995. Many Brasilians and portugueses have still a home in Macau. I'm surprised you didn't notice my track. Here's the link:

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Me too I like the tracks with landscapes, that's the reason I created Eastern Creek last year and posted it only a few weeks ago on request :

[www.grandprixgames.org]

By the way, and only for my personnal use, I did some changes on Tocapinca this afternoon. I added some adverts, a horizon, different rails, and I fixed the trees by changing the distance value from 800 to 0. Your track becomes cool.

I built too Monument Valley (new version) in june, cause I love the strange and beautiful Utah desert and some other american parts. You can see shots at the end of this page :

[www.grandprixgames.org]

You remember I built Manhattan. I worked during four months. The only thing I suffered was your comment about this track. You seemed very badly critical about this track after all the work I did. I said that the DAT was not mine and I wrote many times that the drivers should must run very carefully at the enter of the pits. But you seem not having read this and you are very critical about this pit enter, and also the barriers missing. You seem love and ask for congratulations, so why to be hard with my four months work ? However, I accept criticisms, really, but constructive criticisms. But I don't blame you, sure.

My problem is that is hard for me to find 3d objects, so I "leech" sometimes by taking objects done by other modders ; that's why it's difficult for me to upload a track with some objects that don't belong to me. So I keep them for my own use. Since a few months, I built Clermont-Ferrand, Rouen (fictional), Monaco by night (you'll find the thread on the forum), Monaco 1955 with the harbor open and the reduce chicane after the tunnel (by night too), and a fictional Nice, in France, where I spent some holidays. Now, I try to begin Paris and I placed l'Arc de Triomphe on my future place de l'Étoile. I was obliged to do myself l'Arc de Triomphe by taking the façade on the web and doing the four parts. I have to confess that I'm not sure to continue this work cause I think I have to do a good circuit once in a while rather than several bad circuits in a short time.

LIVEJACKASS : thank you for la Tour Eiffel. Unfortunately, GP4 builder refuses to save it cause it's too heavy (89000), even when I move it into a new scene :( But thx anyway, my friend.

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2021 09:15AM by viking75.
Date: July 23, 2021 04:50AM
Posted by: AustinF1
More tracks the better! As an American fan of all motorsports, I love you Brazilians. How about that Helio?!!!
Date: July 23, 2021 09:12AM
Livejackass : I've tried the second Tour Eiffel and it works. Thank for showing me this site, maybe I can find other interesting objects. The problem with Sketchfab for example is that many objects are not accepted by GP4 builder, I don't know why. Often, there are not in 3ds and I must convert them online with some sites.
Date: July 23, 2021 10:25AM
Posted by: RuiTap
Viking75 , if I can remember clear I also wrote good comments about your Manhattan track. The work with buidings and textures was huge and very well done.
The problem with DAT files ( track and pit) is that it can ruin the experience of driving, I've had also this problem and sometimes you only notice it too late because what I really like to do is to create the 3d world around it.

Of course everyone can build a track where they want. All I was trying to say is that sometimes (for real cities) it helps if you know it in first hand.
(and I was trying to challenge in a good sense our brazilian friends too).
I dónt live in Paris but I went there 3 or 4 times so I think it would be more easy to me to create a track there than in Rio de Janeiro, which I only know by images.
Date: July 23, 2021 12:11PM
Posted by: livejackass
Friends, i use this tutotrial for reduce numbers of vertex, look

[help.augment.com]

After the process you can save in OBJ(and open in Zmodeler) or 3DS(and open in Gp4builder)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2021 12:23PM by livejackass.
Date: July 23, 2021 12:27PM
Ok Ruitap. In fact, I'm very very frustrated not knowing to do a dat file, this is why I maybe take it badly. But now I understand you had a good intention in your comment. Really, my problem here is my english. I have a poor command of the language and it creates misunderstandings for me. I use Google translation (like now !). Before, french was the first language in the world and it influenced the english language. You maybe noticed the number of english words that come from french (roots or whole words)... But it's not the problem. We've got to be happy to do the continuation of Grand Prix 4 (Grand Prix, again french words;-)) Grand Prix 4 is the last work of Geoff Crammond. Is he now in retreat ? I don't know. Maybe sometimes he visits this forum and sees the work of everyone (LOL, I must be mad)

Hello Geoff !!!

Date: July 23, 2021 04:02PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
It's common knowledge that Geoff is a member of this site with a secret account.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: July 23, 2021 05:13PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Turbo Lover schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's common knowledge that Geoff is a member of
> this site with a secret account.

:-O:-o
Date: July 23, 2021 08:12PM
Livejackass : Thx a lot for your tuto. I hope I'll be able to use Zmodeler.

I'm ready for "Las 6 Horas de Bogota" on Tocacinpa track. I have to settle for 120 laps cause Impossible to change into about 280 laps on GP4. But maybe someone has an idea to fix this little problem.
Date: July 23, 2021 11:05PM
I solved my problem.
Date: July 24, 2021 05:11AM
Posted by: TomMK
Is that Rouen circuit released??

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: July 24, 2021 09:58AM
Explanation : Atticus did the dat of Rouen-les-Essarts, so I wanted to finish the track. But on the thread of atticus the link of the dat is dead or it's no more available as Turbo Lover explained to me. So, as I wrote upper, I took another dat of Atticus to built a fictional Rouen, but it's only for my personal use cause 1) it would be ridiculous to upload a fictional 2) I leeched some objects.
Date: July 24, 2021 11:51AM
viking75
1) it would be ridiculous to upload a fictional

No it wouldn't!

viking75
2) I leeched some objects.

If the original authors of those objects have signed up to the grandprixgames.org permissions policy then you may release as long as you give credit.

Date: July 24, 2021 04:41PM
I think IT'S ridiculous but why not ? I remind you IT'S NOT THE LAYOUT OF ROUEN. In first, this track is for my own use but I must say it's amazing enough. I built it very fast and there are flaws, but one more time why not ? I just sent you the track by PM. Tell me 1) if it's amazing and playable enough 2) if you recognize some of the objects that belong to you. On my side, I'll try my best to remember the name of the authors I "leeched" and check their name on the list you send me the link. Not easy :(
Date: August 01, 2021 01:13AM
Final version of Tocacinpa released in the first post.
Hope you enjoy...
Date: August 01, 2021 02:42AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Thank you.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 01, 2021 05:05AM
Really like this track, very fast and flowing. I've updated the CC-Line and Magic Data, link here: [www.gp4central.com]

Date: August 01, 2021 03:51PM
Posted by: CaOss
Thank you very much for offering us thistrack, Rui. It´s very funny.
Date: August 01, 2021 07:00PM
Well If you like to run 50 or 60 laps then you have to change he magic data. I forgot to mention. TomMK has posted an updated magic data.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy